A topic for Taskmaster, the funniest show on television.

polishgenius

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I don’t mind Julian Clary but damn, he’s a contender for “most blatantly here for the pay cheque” of the whole show.

He's second on the leaderboard as it stands so he can't be that unbothered by winning. I saw someone summarise him as a combination between Jo Brand's disinterest and James Acaster's contempt, which is pretty apt - but he's getting shit done so far. 

Anyway, yeah, really enjoying this cast. Sam Campbell's humour ran the risk of not bouncing well off the others, but actually it totally fits. 

(John Kearns had that problem in his series, really badly. It wasn't a bad bit on its own but he kept deflating the momentum of all the studio sections. Ivo Graham took basically the same schtick and nailed it in the next series, and others have worked with the 'downbeat loser' routine before as well, so not really sure quite what went wrong for Kearns). 

Lucy Beaumont may be the contestant, of all so far on the show, with the least connection to reality. I'd have thought she was putting it on but it seems people believe she's just like that.