US Politics: Biden Hood - Prince of Plebs

DMC

I just saw that and came here to post that while this video is old, Greene's ongoing attacks - she is weirdly obsessed with AOC - makes me fear for AOC's safety. I know she's getting hreats all the time, but this shit is just the stuff that gets other crazies riled up. Can't AOC at least get a restraining order?

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

I just saw that and came here to post that while this video is old, Greene's ongoing attacks - she is weirdly obsessed with AOC - makes me fear for AOC's safety. I know she's getting hreats all the time, but this shit is just the stuff that gets other crazies riled up. Can't AOC at least get a restraining order?

The GQP has to have enemies.  AOC got picked because she was young, smart, pretty, and "ethnic" looking.   The GQP often act like AOC is a major party leader, rather than a junior member of congress.   But they also do the same thing with other democrats. 

They're in a personality cult, so they assume everyone else is, and get confused when we're not all in for our own "glorious leaders."  

Like, "yeah Mom, I like Joe Biden and think he's doing a good job.  But no, I didn't get his face tattooed on my butt.  "

6 minutes ago, argonak said:

Like, "yeah Mom, I like Joe Biden and think he's doing a good job.  But no, I didn't get his face tattooed on my butt.  "

Speak for yourself.

Sure, but Marjorie just goes the extra mile. (Of course she's also desperate for AOC's attention, and would love to steal some of her thunder in a 'debate' with her.) As AOC said, she's unwell. And, if I may add, dumb as f~~~. Not a good combination if you also own guns...

Since Marjorie was already that 'unwell' in the head back in 2019, what she is now is unspeakable.

There are many entirely legitimate reasons AOC was terrified that she was going to be killed on January 6th.  The death threats were overt long before that, and are even worse now.

And recall that horror movie call, "Nanceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...."

These are 100% evil people who need to be put away, maybe on the moon.

Regarding MTG and weird behavior, don't forget she harassed David Hogg, a Parkland shooting survivor, when he was in Washington speaking to elected officials about gun regulations:

Washington (CNN)Video of Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene confronting Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg before she was elected to Congress went viral Wednesday amid an uproar over newly surfaced comments she made in 2018 and 2019 as reported by CNN's KFile.

In the video from March 2019, Greene follows Hogg as he walks toward the US Capitol. She can be heard making false and baseless claims as she asks him a series of questions related to gun rights and how he was able to meet with senators. Hogg continues to walk without addressing Greene.

"He's a coward," Greene says at the end of the video as Hogg walks away, claiming his activism was funded by billionaire philanthropist George Soros, who is often the subject of far-right conspiracy theories, and other liberals. "He can't say one word because he can't defend his stance."
Greene -- who has previously called Hogg "#littleHitler" -- said in a written statement to CNN that the video was taken while she was in Washington, "going from office to office in the Senate to oppose the radical gun control agenda that David Hogg was pushing."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-david-hogg-video/index.html

Btw., apparently she only took on the middle name Taylor in the hopes of getting a cool 3 letter name like RBG, MLK, AOC...

ETA: Oh look, one of the 2 males who helped her with the mailbox slot antics is also that bestie of Mage's who took part in the insurrection.  Not arrested yet.

21 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Btw., apparently she only took on the middle name Taylor in the hopes of getting a cool 3 letter name like RBG, MLK, AOC...

Huh. You're sure it's not the name of her CrossFit instructor that she cheated on her husband with?

The dream is dead! 

Biden kills Trump's sculpture garden of 'American heroes':

President Joe Biden on Friday revoked several of the executive orders issued in his predecessor’s last year in office that were penned to address conservative cultural grievances, including the sculpture garden he proposed on July 4 at an event at Mount Rushmore.

Biden rescinded a pair of executive orders tied to the creation of what former President Donald Trump envisioned as a “National Garden of American Heroes,” one of which was signed on Jan. 18, just days before Trump was set to leave office.

Manchin's voting rights proposal.  Claim is it might withstand a SC challenge better than the old version.  Pretty far sweeping.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-manchin-s-surprisingly-bold-proposal-to-fix-america-s-voting-rights-problem/ar-BB1gHLUf?ocid=ob-fb-enus-580&fbclid=IwAR3Sjgic_bWThCQQpOSdAxpTfxkUTAKUCFof2UXGO6o6uPC2ekuBN6ABang

But Manchin suggested on Wednesday that Congress should pass a much bolder attempt to roll back Shelby County. In an interview with ABC News, Manchin proposed making the John Lewis Act apply “to all 50 states and territories.” Thus, all states, not just the handful of states with the worst record on race, would be required to submit any new voting rules to federal review in order to make sure that the new rule will not target voters of color.

The John Lewis Act is just one of two major voting rights bills that Democrats hope to enact and that many Democrats view as essential to protecting American democracy. The other bill is the For the People Act, a sweeping bill that would take on campaign finance, expand early voting, implement independent redistricting commissions, and legally force presidents and vice presidents to disclose their tax returns, among other provisions.

Leaked Video: Dark Money Group Brags About Writing GOP Voter Suppression Bills Across the Country

In a private meeting last month with big-money donors, the head of a top conservative group boasted that her outfit had crafted the new voter suppression law in Georgia and was doing the same with similar bills for Republican state legislators across the country. “In some cases, we actually draft them for them,” she said, “or we have a sentinel on our behalf give them the model legislation so it has that grassroots, from-the-bottom-up type of vibe.”

(...)

To “create this echo chamber,” as Anderson put it, Heritage is spending $24 million over two years in eight battleground states—Arizona, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Nevada, Texas, and Wisconsin—to pass and defend restrictive voting legislation. Every Tuesday, the group leads a call with right-wing advocacy groups like the Susan B. Anthony List, Tea Party Patriots, and FreedomWorks to coordinate these efforts at the highest levels of the conservative movement. “We literally give marching orders for the week ahead,” Anderson said.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/05/heritage-foundation-dark-money-voter-suppression-laws/

15 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Huh. You're sure it's not the name of her CrossFit instructor that she cheated on her husband with?

OK y'all, as the resident name expert I must point out that Taylor is her real maiden name and so it is perfectly normal for her to be using it as her middle name, as millions of American women do after marriage. Now go back to your jokes. :)

The Leftover Republicans in Arizona find a voice in Maricopa County Supervisor Bill Gates (no, not that Bill Gates, another one).

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/5080733001

“As a lifelong Republican, I’m worried that my party of small government and balanced budgets is being overtaken by conspiracy enablers whose primary purpose is to promote the ‘Big Lie’ about the 2020 election.”

Pointing out that the Karens in the State Senate are pissing away their responsibility to govern in order to worship the personality cult of Trump, Gates goes on to say:

“I’m for small government, balanced budgets, efficient processes and just about any initiative that makes the most out of the taxpayer dollar..."

“These beliefs used to define conservatism. Now, only one thing matters to many Republicans: adherence to any and all theories that the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump.”

This is a politician who actually gets what it means to be an elected official:

“We have been elected to lead, not to appease conspiracy theorists,” he wrote. “We have been elected to restore faith in democracy, not sow endless seeds of doubt imperiling it.

“To save our party, and to save our republic, we need to stop the Big Lie.”

That name is unfortunate for him, in these times of conspracies... This is a case where taking on a middle name might be prudent!

That said, most of the never Trumpers had no problems with earlier lies, including those who led to the current mess...

54 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This is a politician who actually gets what it means to be an elected official:

“We have been elected to lead, not to appease conspiracy theorists,” he wrote. “We have been elected to restore faith in democracy, not sow endless seeds of doubt imperiling it.

“To save our party, and to save our republic, we need to stop the Big Lie.”

Cool, finally another supporter for the voting right bills.

Sorry for double post, I'm having technical issues here...

tRumpists == a massive cult in desperate search of a doctrine, found one in the 2020 presidential election results, I guess.  Face it == masks weren't good enough to last, and sheesh, you know covid-19 doesn't exist.  Whereas the election is an hysteria that not only keeps giving, it builds and builds, and it's only 2 words! The Steal, The Steal, The Steal.

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2021/05/the-insurrectionists-and-the-great-replacement

People posting here have seen these studies before, and know the information, still it's always interesting to see another iteration, and the responses to the information.

(1) Compared to the standard conventional profile of members of right wing extremist movements in the USA, this group was markedly older — two thirds were 35 or older, and majority were in their 40s and 50s.

(2) The typical insurrectionist was a socially and economically successful middle-aged white man. Very few were unemployed, and most were either professionals, small business owners, or middle management types. Most were married and had children.

(3) Very few of the insurrectionists — about 10% — were affiliated with recognized right wing extremist groups: militias, the Proud Boys, etc.

(4) The majority came from counties that voted for Biden. These counties were largely urban or suburban. The more rural a county was, the less likely it was to be the home of an insurrectionist.

(5) The single strongest predictor of where the insurrectionists came from was the relative decline in recent years in the percentage of the county’s population made up of non-Hispanic whites.

(6) Pape’s work also reveals that a strong commonality among the insurrectionists is a belief in some version of the so-called Great Replacement theory: the white supremacist conspiracy theory that national and (((global))) elites are manipulating demographics and the legal system to replace white people with non-whites, in order to use the latter to take over the country/world. What’s particularly striking about Pape’s work in this area is the extent to which it illustrates that, in the United States, this belief is centered on the idea that Blacks and Hispanics in particular are now being given “more rights” than white people (You can find a gussied up version of this belief in the writings of people such as Andrew Sullivan and Bari Weiss. Key terms: Cancel culture, critical race theory, 1619 project, etc.). 

(7) Pape did a high quality national survey that reveals that approximately 4% of the US population believes the election was stolen by Biden and the Democrats, and supports using violence to combat this purported theft. That’s around 10 million adults. This is the cohort from which the insurrectionists were drawn. Tens of millions of others, however, believe the election was stolen, but do not currently claim to support using violence in response to this crime/conspiracy.

Pape’s work suggests, among other things, that standard ideas about what the extremist right wing in America looks like are too simplistic and/or rapidly becoming outmoded: It’s not a bunch of socially marginal economic losers who are alienated from the mainstream of ordinary American life.

Pape doesn’t put it this way, but increasingly, it’s just a bunch of Republicans.

Re #6 -- this sort of thinking makes people sick in the head, see Green.  Put that person in an asylum for the criminally insane right now before she blows us all up -- she and the thousands just like her, mean, cruel, ugly, stupid, ignorant, hysterical and obsessed with their obsessions.

Make Guantánamo pay for its upkeep.  Put her, and her ilks, including tRump, there.

Archived