Why isn't shade of the evening more popular?

Falcon2909

5 hours ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

Sourleaf. Turns your mouth bloody red. 

I’ve wondered about the milk of the poppy. Everyone who drinks the milk white has strange dreams under its influence.

I mean it’s morphine, what’s there to wonder about lol? Or you know some form of concentrated opiate. Stay away from that stuff.

Sourleaf seems to be a mix between tobacco and marijuana or coca, like a mild stimulant. It does a little more than tobacco but not as much as the latter.

Just wondering about any connections to each other or family trees and gods woods.

Are these all narcotic effects or magic?

Is sourleaf the leaves of weir wood? 
Is Shade of the eve made from Ironwood?

The ingesting of the flesh and blood of these two types of trees infect the consumer with memories?

If gods woods are family trees....

Could strangler be made from Shade of eve? And anyone not Ironborne “drowns”

Is milk of the poppy something other than opium? Was Drogo lost in his dreaming after consuming poppy wine? 

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Sourleaf seems to be a mix between tobacco and marijuana or coca, like a mild stimulant. It does a little more than tobacco but not as much as the latter.

3 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I mean it’s morphine, what’s there to wonder about lol? Or you know some form of concentrated opiate. Stay away from that stuff.

Yah, the next thing you know, your lips will turn purple and you'll be triple dog daring everyone to jump off a cliff to see if they can fly! 

A Christmas Story- The Triple Dog Dare Clip (HD) - YouTube

Alcohol was the drug of choice during those primitive times.  It numbs the pain of everyday existence for the likes of Robert and Tyrion.  The vision for the average Joe is not going to be interesting. Dad, grandad, and so on plowed the same fields.  We are not told if the drug is addictive.  The market for a drug to see one's ancestors is not going to be big unless it strokes the brain cells.  

7 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Pretty sure if someone did start distributing it in Westeros the Faith would come out against it. It's definitely one of those religions that dictates joy as being sinful. 

Where do you get the idea that the Faith of the Seven preaches that joy is sinful?

And what on earth does Shade of the Evening have to do with joy?

12 hours ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

Is milk of the poppy something other than opium?

Why would it be?  It would be odd to use a real-world phrase for a fantasy substance.

It's like wondering if bacon is made from something other than pigs.  Could be, for all I know.

9 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

Why would it be?  It would be odd to use a real-world phrase for a fantasy substance.

It's like wondering if bacon is made from something other than pigs.  Could be, for all I know.

Because GRRM is tricky and A cheat! :) 

GRRM Lures us intO his world by usE of reference to our world. Then Slowly things begin to twist to the fantastic, and earlier events may be not as they appear.

If consuming flora “A” has “X” effect. And Flora “B” and “C” have a similar  “X” effect or Use...

Taking things at face value can be deceptive in the WOIAF. Subtlety slipped secrets Run rampant  in 5000 pages. 

I’ve no idea why shade  of the evening, weir wood paste, sourleaf and milk of the poppy aren’t more commonly used and grown. You’d think that the nobility would see it as an extravagance. Unless something hazardous or pharmaceutical magica?

*maybe seal a? but I like sural foe

9 hours ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

Because GRRM is tricky and A cheat! :) 

Well, okay.  And pork does turn out to be made of something other than pigs, when Manderley is in charge of the cooking.

9 hours ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

GRRM Lures us intO his world by usE of reference to our world. Then Slowly things begin to twist to the fantastic, and earlier events may be not as they appear.

If consuming flora “A” has “X” effect. And Flora “B” and “C” have a similar  “X” effect or Use...

Taking things at face value can be deceptive in the WOIAF. Subtlety slipped secrets Run rampant  in 5000 pages. 

Okay, but I'm still aware of no evidence that milk of the poppy is anything other than milk of the poppy.

Lemon cakes, however, are obviously magical.

6 hours ago, Mister Smikes said:

Well, okay.  And pork does turn out to be made of something other than pigs, when Manderley is in charge of the cooking.

Okay, but I'm still aware of no evidence that milk of the poppy is anything other than milk of the poppy.

Lemon cakes, however, are obviously magical.

Bah! You know I’m gonna have to look into lemon cakes now....:sigh:
(Puts tinfoil cap on and withdraws to basement)

Manderley when cooking and king Robert when serving. :) jk 

Jamie and Tyrion refuse to drink milk. Neds fever dreams, or milk dreams? Jon strange dreams. Holster Tully is a hostage to his strange dreaming. Jon Arron, Holster Tully, king Rob, All died, put to sleep, with milk.
Seems suspicious.

Archived