Scotland - Czech Rep

Right, let’s start the party.

That’s the official song from the Fratellis btw, remember them, they had that one big song twenty years ago so an appropriate choice. :P 

Lineup - Marshall in goal, not the best keeper in the squad but he’s an absolute icon in Scotland right now. Tierney out with a knock, McTominay in midfield, Dykes as main striker. And we have a decent bench, which is not something I remember from 96 or 98.

Highlight reel of Czechs at euros pretty intimidating, Poborsky and Baros. Now Soucek is real quality.

The glorious hour approaches!

I might have to give my voice a rest after cheering the fifth goal. But half-time should be long enough for it to recover.

25 minutes ago, Angus McGonagle said:

The glorious hour approaches!

I might have to give my voice a rest after cheering the fifth goal. But half-time should be long enough for it to recover.

You’re supporting the Czechs? :P

Yeah, could’ve been a penalty. Would’ve been quite harsh though probably.

The goal was coming. Good pressure from Scotland but Czechs always looked sharper on the final delivery. Not sure why we’re so happy to give up corner after corner, maybe better to try and work it out from the back.

Robertson looking great, the absence of Tierney not noticed going forward.

If we're honest, if we and the Czechs swapped strikers we'd be 2-0 up. That's the difference. Not to bag on Lyndon Dykes, who's done well and come a long way, but his level isn't where Schick is.

That's it for Scotland I would think. This was a must win game for both sides really if they were to have any chance of qualifying. Scotland unlikely to get more than a point against Croatia and England so qualifying as one of the four best third placed teams looks to be beyond them.

Not too bad a performance, made some chances. We’re objectively the worst team in the group so nothing has changed in that way. Just greater odds to defy.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

I love your title lol

Pure irony I assure you. :mellow:

It’s good we’re letting GenY and the younger millenials get to experience the crushing disappointment that is Scotland in a major tournament. 
And of course get to see our goalie get tangled up in his own net like a minor spiderman crook getting webbed up until the cops arrive

Archived