Rick and Morty Season NOW Season 7...Look Who's Talking...

Jaxom 1974

On 10/31/2023 at 2:20 AM, TheLastWolf said:

3rd was good, yet subdued not unhinged like the days of old

4th. Ditto. Great concept yet felt the dialogues were intentionally dullened. Get Zizek if you need political correctness.

Spoiler

Shame, using disclaimers 

I feel like the Rick voice is 90% there -- it's not quite right. Morty seems almost indistinguishable.

These four episodes have not been the strongest of the series, and doesn't seem quite as off-the-wall as it used to be. I do feel like in general the show has lost some of its spark. Whether this is because Harmon has stepped back or Roiland's occasional improvs may have sparked creative ideas that were pursued in later episodes, or simply because they're just playing it safe, I don't know. Still watchable and entertaining, but doesn't feel like a must-watch-ASAP as it did in its heyday.

Yeah there’s something going on with Gene.

episode 7: I did not expect it to go there. I’m sensing a multi episode arc here. 

I’m enjoying the season so far. Still trying to wrap my head around episode 6. That might be the most bonkers shit they’ve done; and that’s saying a lot.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

4 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah there’s something going on with Gene.

episode 7: I did not expect it to go there. I’m sensing a multi episode arc here. 

I’m enjoying the season so far. Still trying to wrap my head around episode 6. That might be the most bonkers shit they’ve done; and that’s saying a lot.

You mean season? Coz only 5 eps are out in S7

And WTF was that!?

Spoiler

Prime is gone for real? 

...time to find out

To me, that's cinema - Grandpa Marty (Morty?)

22 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

You mean season? Coz only 5 eps are out in S7

And WTF was that!?

Hide contents

Prime is gone for real? 

...time to find out

To me, that's cinema - Grandpa Marty (Morty?)

Yeah I just now realized I messed that up. I meant episodes 4 & 5.

"Time to find out" is what Optimus Prime said to Megatron in the 3rd TF film before he took his head off with his space axe.

Rewatching the episode a few things occur to me:

For a guy who was disillusioned with the whole central finite curve scene, Evil Morty sure is living a lot like a Rick. Not even an evil Rick at that.

His comment at the end about Rick C137 being "different" was ominous. That's going to come back around I think.

Rick Prime isn't dead. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Time to find out" is what Optimus Prime said to Megatron in the 3rd TF film before he took his head off with his space axe.

Rick Prime

For a guy who was disillusioned with the whole central finite curve scene, Evil Morty sure is living a lot like a Rick. Not even an evil Rick at that.

If Mortys are semi dumb, then Evil Morty isn't a Morty?

His comment at the end about Rick C137 being "different" was ominous. That's going to come back around I think

Hell Yeah

Rick Prime isn't dead. 

But he should be, I loved the episode. Mkd season epic goated. TO ME, THIS IS CINEMA - MORTY SCORSESE 

The ending of this episode reminds me of the end of Jack Vance's Demon Princes revenge space opera. The hero, Kirth Gersen, has been consumed with a quest for revenge against the five crime lords that enslaved his village. At the end, having dispatched the last of them,:

Alice put her hands on his shoulder. “And now, what of you?”

“What of me, how?”

“You’re so quiet and subdued! You worry me. Are you well?”

“Quite well. Deflated, perhaps. I have been deserted by my enemies. Treesong is dead. The affair is over. I am done.”

15 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

Meh... Rip-off of Mortys Mind Blowers if you ask me, which you didn't, but alas here we are.

That's one of my favorite episodes, so I enjoyed this week's.

"Let the record show that this bit continued for several more guns" got a pretty good laugh from me.

1 hour ago, Chad Vader said:

I mean it wasn't horrible but it wasn't the follow-up I was hoping for after episode 5

Maybe not exactly what I'd expected...but it worked. And they did at least go straight into a follow up and not let it lie for 2 or 3 episodes. 

I actually liked it as a riff on the mind blower episode too. Mind Blowers meets Interdimensional Cable...