The winds of winter predictions

Daenerysthegreat

7 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

I think what many want is all their favorite characters living and their less favorite characters (dany, tyrion brienne) dying.

No shit, Sherlock . 

5 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Youre right about the boring part. But no character has plot armor. Dany is safe because she's smart and has drogon. The faceless woman is safe because she's a faceless woman. Sam is not that safe because he's in oldtown under attack by ironborn he was safe before because of his brains. Sansa is safe due to her brains. Jon is dead due to his idiocy. 

The walls of Oldtown are thick and strong, defended by thousands of men, and judging by medieval sieges it isn't that hard to assume that the smallfolk would be armed and fighting alongside the garrison. 

2 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Why on earth does every character outside Westeros needs to return to Westeros somehow.Why can’t they just continue their storylines there in essos, why is Meereen and it’s politics less important than kings landing and it’s politics

Maybe because there's an ARMY OF DEAD MEN COMING TO KILL THEM ALL. 

1 minute ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

The walls of Oldtown are thick and strong, defended by thousands of men, and judging by medieval sieges it isn't that hard to assume that the smallfolk would be armed and fighting alongside the garrison. 

So that’s not plot armour.

1 minute ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Maybe because there's an ARMY OF DEAD MEN COMING TO KILL THEM ALL. 

So the army can go to Meereen as well as westeros.Plus there are other things in Valyria and the shadow lands

1 hour ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

It was not sarcasm 

In that case: Martin stopped working on the show in 2014/15. The last episode he wrote was for season 4, which aired in 2014 and was thus probably made in 2013. That means he hasn't had any actual writing work for the show in 8 years. His "involvement" with the show was relatively minimal (especially since D&D ignored most of his suggestions), and it ended a long time ago in any real capacity. Him being "busy" with the show is not a valid justification for the monumental delay with Winds.

23 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

So that’s not plot armour.

No. And, also what's that stuff about Sam being safe because of his brains? Is his brain going to save him when an Ironborn ram smashes through the hull of his ship? Or if a reaver whacks him an axe? 

23 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

So the army can go to Meereen as well as westeros.Plus there are other things in Valyria and the shadow lands

After heading through the Dothraki Sea, Free Cities, Yi Ti.......

2 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

We might have even more than that. Like, a messenger or a seeress but for their Old Gods who seems to have a special something for and with Jon.

Who, Val or Morna White Mask?

22 hours ago, WhatAnArtist! said:

In that case: Martin stopped working on the show in 2014/15. The last episode he wrote was for season 4, which aired in 2014 and was thus probably made in 2013. That means he hasn't had any actual writing work for the show in 8 years. His "involvement" with the show was relatively minimal (especially since D&D ignored most of his suggestions), and it ended a long time ago in any real capacity. Him being "busy" with the show is not a valid justification for the monumental delay with Winds.

Explains why the show went to shit. 

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:
No. And, also what's that stuff about Sam being safe because of his brains? Is his brain going to save him when an Ironborn ram smashes through the hull of his ship? Or if a reaver whacks him an axe? 

Your brains help you when you are escaping a battle. And why would sam be in an ship. 

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:
After heading through the Dothraki Sea, Free Cities, Yi Ti.......

Valyria is right next to slaver's bay. 

4 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

What in seven hells does Valyria have to do with white walkers? 

4 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

*sigh. You do recall the Cinnamon Wind, correct? How far can Sam run in a ship? Even if they did take the ship and by some miracle Sam hid, do you honestly think he'd be able to sail a ship by himself? 

18 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Oh, I see. I think it's a bit more likely that it's only Val, however. 

I'm sure if you look up older threads about Val you'll see a bunch of interesting stuff you ma not have noticed. Or read this theory, there's a lot of curiousity in it. 

http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/Queen.html

There are a few sections that are explicitly talking about Val. 

I have made a few additions to my previous predictions(The second version, ignore the first one). 

We may have a few new pov, Nymeria sand and gilly and sarella. 

And I am giving pov chapter counts made by me with reason. 

Bran : 3 chapters 

Mel:5 chapters

Theon : 2 chapters 

Asha : 3 chapters. 

Cersei : 3 chapters

Arianne : 9 chapters

Jon: 3 chapters. 

Jaime : 1 chapter

Brienne :7 chapters. 

Sam : 5 chapters

Sarella: 2 chapters

Areo : 3 chapters. 

Tyrion : 5 chapters

Barristan : 15 chapters. 

Victarion : 4 chapters. 

Dany : 10 chapters

Sansa/Alayne: 3 chapters.

Faceless woman : 3 chapters. 

So total around 80 or so chapters

On 10/12/2021 at 10:48 PM, WhatAnArtist! said:

Well there are twists and turns you have to make to the book. That must be taking a lot of time

And plus you have the meereenese knot issue. Given the time Mr Martin is spending working on meereen it may be the best written part of the next book

11 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

I have made a few additions to my previous predictions(The second version, ignore the first one). 

We may have a few new pov, Nymeria sand and gilly and sarella. 

And I am giving pov chapter counts made by me with reason. 

Bran : 3 chapters 

Mel:5 chapters

Theon : 2 chapters 

Asha : 3 chapters. 

Cersei : 3 chapters

Arianne : 9 chapters

Jon: 3 chapters. 

Jaime : 1 chapter

Brienne :7 chapters. 

Sam : 5 chapters

Sarella: 2 chapters

Areo : 3 chapters. 

Tyrion : 5 chapters

Barristan : 15 chapters. 

Victarion : 4 chapters. 

Dany : 10 chapters

Sansa/Alayne: 3 chapters.

Faceless woman : 3 chapters. 

So total around 80 or so chapters

Anyways everyone what do you all think of this

3 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Well there are twists and turns you have to make to the book. That must be taking a lot of time

Storm had plenty of twists and turns as well, and is the longest book in the series. That came out two years after Clash.

3 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

And plus you have the meereenese knot issue. Given the time Mr Martin is spending working on meereen it may be the best written part of the next book

I don't think it's taken him a decade to work out the "Meereenese knot", and if it has, that means the rest of the series is doomed. Martin can write excellent chapters and passages that don't require a decade to write; see the rest of the series.

I just don't feel like jumping through hoops and grasping at straws to justify this monumental delay. It is what it is. The book hasn't come out in a decade, and there's the very real possibility that it never will come out. I'm at peace with that. 

The Wall:

1) Chaos and mistrust at the Castle Black.

2) Bran continues his training beyond The Wall.

3) Eddison Tollett tells a joke and everybody suddenly reconciles.

4) Bran escapes from the cave as the Wights attacks with Meera, Jojen and Summer. Hodor while protecting Bran is going to die (hold the door). Coldhands will show up and help travel back to the Wall. Bran by that time will know Coldhands is actually Benjen Stark. By the end of the travel he dies during a duel with the Other in a snowstorm.

5) Denys Mallister is chosen to be 999 Lord Commander.

6) The Others are gathering near The Wall and the wight from the cell comes alive.

7) Melisandre sacrifices Shireen to deal with upcoming danger.

8) Azor Ahai - Jon Snow is reborn.

9) Bran reaches to The Wall, reunites with Jon Snow and tells him what he has learned about the upcoming danger.

10) The Others destroys the gate of the Castle Black while using mammoths and giants.

11) Melisandre helps with her powers to slow down the Others and dies, while...

12) Jon Snow takes the Wight from the cell and with Bran, the Wildlings and others is escaping south to the Winterfell to warn everybody.

6 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

For Meereenese politics and all

We have Tyrion and Dany chapters for that. No need of fifteen Barristan chapters. We only need about, oh, 3-6. To cover the Battle of Meereen and the aftermath, Dany returning, Tyrion trying to weasel his way in.....

Archived