Jump to content
Daenerysthegreat

The winds of winter predictions

Recommended Posts

 

The wall

1) Jon Snow stays dead, castle black falls into anarchy crasters keep style. Chaos at castle black

2) Mel flees to the Nightfort with shireen and her court. 

3) Bran continues his training beyond the wall. He goes further north than anyone and finds out the secret of the others. 

4) Bran flees the cave as the others attack and goes to the nightfort to warn the defenders. 

5) The wall falls, Mel flees South. Deaths of shireen bran etc. 

The north

1) Stannis executes theon , wins winterfell finds mance rayder in it. Chaos at winterfell. 

2) Davos arrives at winterfell with rickon. Further chaos at winterfell. 

3) Mel arrives at winterfell to warn whoever is is in charge.but he do not heed her warning. She flees further south to kings landing. 

4) Fall of winterfell. Deaths of asha, rickon davos.etc.

The riverlands and the vale

1) Jaime is dead, killed bby stoneheart. Brienne is again serving her. 

2) Arya gets an assingment with the bwb at harrenhall. She goes to meet them there. 

3) Littlefinger gets sansad married to harry the heir at harrenhall. The brotherhood and arya attack there.

4) Red wedding 2.0, deaths of brienne, sansa stoneheart, arya littlefinger etc. Chaos in the riverlands

5) The others invade, enough said. 

Kings landing

1) Cersei gets back in power continues her catastrophic reign. 

2) The sand snakes arrive with myrcella and immediately start plotting. 

3) Aegon, now married to arianne arrives at kings landing and captures it. Jon(The only pov who is named Jon now) goes insane after the bells are rung. 

4) Sack of kings landing. Margaery is killed. Myrcella is stabbed half a hundred times. Tommen's head is thrown against a wall and smashed as cersei watches before being raped and murdered. Chaos at kings landing. 

5) The other invade fall of kings landing. Deaths of aegon, arianne, Jon etc

 

Oldtown.

1) Sam finds out and keeps studying in the citadel finding out about the alchemists true motives. 

2) Eurons attack on oldtown turns out to be a feint and he captures highgarden instead. Chaos in the reach. 

Meereen 

1) Barristan, vicatrion and the shavepate win the battle. 

Rest is unpredictable what do you think

 

Edited by Daenerysthegreat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EggBlue said:

wow! such deadly predictions!

They're not deadly they're actually quite lenient. Also I don't have the eastern ones predicted yet. Predicting that will take at least 10 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

F

The wall

1) Jon Snow stays dead, castle black falls into anarchy crasters keep style. Chaos at castle black

2) Mel flees to the Nightfort with shireen and her court. 

3) Bran continues his training beyond the wall. He goes further north than anyone and finds out the secret of the others. 

4) Bran flees the cave as the others attack and goes to the nightfort to warn the defenders. 

5) The wall falls, Mel flees South. Deaths of shireen bran etc. 

The north

1) Stannis executes theon , wins winterfell finds mance rayder in it. Chaos at winterfell. 

2) Davos arrives at winterfell with rickon. Further chaos at winterfell. 

3) Mel arrives at winterfell to warn whoever is is in charge.but he do not heed her warning. She flees further south to kings landing. 

4) Fall of winterfell. Deaths of asha, rickon davos.etc.

The riverlands and the vale

1) Jaime is dead, killed bby stoneheart. Brienne is again serving her. 

2) Arya gets an assingment with the bwb at harrenhall. She goes to meet them there. 

3) Littlefinger gets sansad married to harry the heir at harrenhall. The brotherhood and arya attack there.

4) Red wedding 2.0, deaths of brienne, sansa stoneheart, arya littlefinger etc. Chaos in the riverlands

5) The others invade, enough said. 

Kings landing

1) Cersei gets back in power continues her catastrophic reign. 

2) The sand snakes arrive with myrcella and immediately start plotting. 

3) Aegon, now married to arianne arrives at kings landing and captures it. Jon(The only pov who is named Jon now) goes insane after the bells are rung. 

4) Sack of kings landing. Margaery is killed. Myrcella is stabbed half a hundred times. Tommen's head is thrown against a wall and smashed as cersei watches before being raped and murdered. Chaos at kings landing. 

5) The other invade fall of kings landing. Deaths of aegon, arianne, Jon etc

 

Oldtown.

1) Sam finds out and keeps studying in the citadel finding out about the alchemists true motives. 

2) Eurons attack on oldtown turns out to be a feint and he captures highgarden instead. Chaos in the reach. 

Meereen 

1) Barristan, vicatrion and the shavepate win the battle. 

Rest is unpredictable what do you think

 

Very dark predictions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who survives if all the main characters are dead? Seems a tad far-fetched. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2021 at 9:54 AM, Daenerysthegreat said:

They're not deadly they're actually quite lenient. Also I don't have the eastern ones predicted yet. Predicting that will take at least 10 years

You've killed off nearly every POV and major character outside Meereen, which you have left TBD.  If that's lenient, I don't want to see deadly.  Who do you plan to have tell the final book?  Sam?  He's about all that's left.

I think the principal characters are safe for now; at least until the middle of ADOS.  Sansa, Arya, and Bran are in standard coming-of-age stories.  Until they actually come of age and do something significant, they're safe.  Daenerys needs to get to Westeros and do something major.  Otherwise, her story is pointless, a waste of time and space.  And the mystery of Jon's parents needs to pay off.  I suspect Tyrion is safe as well.

I'll give my predictions when I get the chance; sometime between a few hours and a few days. 

Edited by Nevets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Nevets said:

You've killed off nearly every POV and major character outside Meereen, which you have left TBD.  If that's lenient, I don't want to see deadly.  Who do you plan to have tell the final book?  Sam?  He's about all that's left.

 

I have left Meereen undecided since I’m not sure is who is going to die there. Still there are a lot of pov left. 
 

1 hour ago, Crixus said:

So who survives if all the main characters are dead? Seems a tad far-fetched. 

 

All of them are dead because realistically there is zero chance of them surving, the surviving or undecided pov are dany, sam, Barristan,Tyrion,Areo,Aeron, Melisandre and victarion, we had the same number of pov in the first book. All of them are alive since they are far away from the others. In an apocalypse majority if people die

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

I think the principal characters are safe for now; at least until the middle of ADOS.  Sansa, Arya, and Bran are in standard coming-of-age stories.  Until they actually come of age and do something significant, they're safe.  Daenerys needs to get to Westeros and do something major.  Otherwise, her story is pointless, a waste of time and space.  And the mystery of Jon's parents needs to pay off.  I suspect Tyrion is safe as well.

 

The whole theme of the series is that the trivial information like who is going to be king, who are Jon’s parents, Will xyz character take revenge etc are not important since there is an apocalypse coming. Arya, bran and sansa have more significant things than some adult heroes have done in their entire stories. Dany and the dragons can only do something major against the others otherwise it’s a trivial thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

I have left Meereen undecided since I’m not sure is who is going to die there. Still there are a lot of pov left. 
 

All of them are dead because realistically there is zero chance of them surving, the surviving or undecided pov are dany, sam, Barristan,Tyrion,Areo,Aeron, Melisandre and victarion, we had the same number of pov in the first book. All of them are alive since they are far away from the others. In an apocalypse majority if people die

The whole theme of the series is that the trivial information like who is going to be king, who are Jon’s parents, Will xyz character take revenge etc are not important since there is an apocalypse coming. Arya, bran and sansa have more significant things than some adult heroes have done in their entire stories. Dany and the dragons can only do something major against the others otherwise it’s a trivial thing.

We appear to be reading different book series.  Yours is dark, apocalyptic, nihilistic, hopeless, and downright depressing.  Ours is not.  I think I'll stick to the one I've been reading.  I much prefer it, and I think it's the one GRRM is actually writing. 

I don't expect an entirely happy, cheerful ending, but I think an entirely apocalyptic and hopeless one is definitely not in the cards. 

By the way,  I think Aeron and Victarion are among the most likely to die, and Areo barely qualifies as a character, much less a POV.  No way can he adequately tell the story with what is left. 

Not to mention, I think the Starks are the main protagonists of the series, and given GRRM's expressed liking for them, I don't see that changing.

 

Edited by Nevets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nevets said:

We appear to be reading different book series.  Yours is dark, apocalyptic, nihilistic, hopeless, and downright depressing.  Ours is not.  I think I'll stick to the one I've been reading.  I much prefer it, and I think it's the one GRRM is actually writing. 

I don't expect an entirely happy, cheerful ending, but I think an entirely apocalyptic and hopeless one is definitely not in the cards. 

By the way,  I think Aeron and Victarion are among the most likely to die, and Areo barely qualifies as a character, much less a POV.  No way can he adequately tell the story with what is left. 

Not to mention, I think the Starks are the main protagonists of the series, and given GRRM's expressed liking for them, I don't see that changing.

 

We are reading the same series I just pointed out the dark elements in it. We don’t know if grrm is writing your version or mine these are just predictions. I never said the ending will be apocalyptic I didn’t even I say what the ending will be. I also expect the ending to be bittersweet I just told the bitter elements in it.

Grrm is a very experienced author he can tell the story from Areo’s pov and make it intresting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @Nevets. Victarion is a most likely a goner. Also, the point isn't that GRRM could tell the story from Areo's POV and 'make it work' - I doubt that anyway, as Areo is a paper thin character who barely has any chapters. The entire reason people are invested in the series is the characters and by that, I mean the main characters. We've followed their journeys through the series. Sure, some of them will die, but killing nearly all of them off and telling the story from a fourth tier POV is actually bad writing, and rather pointless. At the end, readers need to have someone they care about when they close the last chapter of the last book. And the idea that GRRM could (or should) spend loads of time making us 'care' about Areo - which would need to happen for his POV to work - is preposterous. In my opinion, of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Crixus said:

I agree with @Nevets. Victarion is a most likely a goner. Also, the point isn't that GRRM could tell the story from Areo's POV and 'make it work' - I doubt that anyway, as Areo is a paper thin character who barely has any chapters. The entire reason people are invested in the series is the characters and by that, I mean the main characters. We've followed their journeys through the series. Sure, some of them will die, but killing nearly all of them off and telling the story from a fourth tier POV is actually bad writing, and rather pointless. At the end, readers need to have someone they care about when they close the last chapter of the last book. And the idea that GRRM could (or should) spend loads of time making us 'care' about Areo - which would need to happen for his POV to work - is preposterous. In my opinion, of course. 

Okay maybe he would not make areo the hero of asoiaf but he can still add more pov characters like willias tyrell to carry on the story. 

Don't forget dany is still alive as are barristan and sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With due respect, adding more POV characters right now would be the worst thing he could do. That is one of the main reasons why the story's got out of hand: there are too many arcs and characters, and bringing these threads together is likely one key factor behind the never-ending delay of TWOW. It will take a lot to give a satisfying resolution to the already bloated list of POVs - he has the talent to do it, but I'm not sure about the will. And the last thing most readers would want at this stage is a new POV when we already have so many to track and remain invested in. He needs to narrow things down, not expand them further. 

 

Just my 2 pesos :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Okay maybe he would not make areo the hero of asoiaf but he can still add more pov characters like willias tyrell to carry on the story. 

Don't forget dany is still alive as are barristan and sam

GRRM has said he has no intention of adding POVs, and I take him at his word.  If he does, it will probably be to add coverage for a specific story, somewhat like Barristan in Meereen.

I find it unlikely that all the Starks will die before the final book.  They are almost universally regarded as the main characters, alongside Tyrion and Daenerys, and many readers are invested in their story, and would be unhappy at their disappearance.  Sufficiently so that they might not even bother with the final book.  I also think GRRM regards them as the main characters, as well.  My guess is that, at least until the middle of ADOS, they will have well-nigh impenetrable plot armor.  Bad things may happen, in fact almost certainly will happen, but death will not be among them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nevets said:

GRRM has said he has no intention of adding POVs, and I take him at his word.  If he does, it will probably be to add coverage for a specific story, somewhat like Barristan in Meereen.

I find it unlikely that all the Starks will die before the final book.  They are almost universally regarded as the main characters, alongside Tyrion and Daenerys, and many readers are invested in their story, and would be unhappy at their disappearance.  Sufficiently so that they might not even bother with the final book.  I also think GRRM regards them as the main characters, as well.  My guess is that, at least until the middle of ADOS, they will have well-nigh impenetrable plot armor.  Bad things may happen, in fact almost certainly will happen, but death will not be among them.

His word is very old, it can't have stayed the same throughout the years. 

As for the starks, Ned stark was believed to be the hero of asoiaf by readers. So was robb, both are dead. I know it seems strange considering the original outline but the original outline is older than some of the readers. It definitely has changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nevets said:

Bad things may happen, in fact almost certainly will happen, but death will not be among them.

Well...unless resurrection is also part of the plan;)

5 hours ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

His word is very old, it can't have stayed the same throughout the years. 

As for the starks, Ned stark was believed to be the hero of asoiaf by readers. So was robb, both are dead. I know it seems strange considering the original outline but the original outline is older than some of the readers. It definitely has changed

It was always going to be about the kids (mostly) so Ned had to be gotten out of the way.  I also think the same was true, to a lesser extent, with Robb.  I think Martin, among many things, wants to explore what the characters who are not necessarily trained, competent leaders would do when that leadership is eliminated?  All those who are left are having to struggle with finding their own way, etc.

And, I completely agree, much more has changed from that original outline than remains.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, with this many main character deaths there won't be any material left for A Dream of Spring lol. My only predictions are: 1) Arya will stay in Braavos and become a faceless man; 2) Jon stays dead. If there's ever another book, that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 2:22 AM, vermilion42 said:

Wow, with this many main character deaths there won't be any material left for A Dream of Spring lol. My only predictions are: 1) Arya will stay in Braavos and become a faceless man; 2) Jon stays dead. If there's ever another book, that is. 

Finally someone who is not a diehard jon fan. They are a lot on this fandom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, Daenerysthegreat said:

We are reading the same series I just pointed out the dark elements in it. We don’t know if grrm is writing your version or mine these are just predictions. I never said the ending will be apocalyptic I didn’t even I say what the ending will be. I also expect the ending to be bittersweet I just told the bitter elements in it.

Grrm is a very experienced author he can tell the story from Areo’s pov and make it intresting

I think a lot of folks get tripped up by the promised bittersweet ending. George has spoken high praise about the Scouring of the Shire, the famous ending to The Lord of the Rings. That's a bittersweet ending, because the whole point of the story was to save the Shire. That is what George hopes to tap into with his ending. The survivors of the story will eventually have to utilize all that they learned fighting the Others into defeating a final foe, a difficult foe, someone it hurts emotionaly to have to fight. A foe whose ending is tragic by design. This is the very Martinesque take on the Scouring of the Shire, because here the ending is even more bitter by having the foe be a major POV that we love.

tldr: bittersweet is not everybody dying left and right because of an apocalypse. That's nihalism. Bittersweet is having to live on after enduring the unimaginable, and having to make peace with the trauma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...