How will Sansa's true identity be revealed to the Vale ?

Sansa is not close to being smart.  She could reveal herself at the wrong time and get herself killed.  I could see Sansa falling head over heels crazy for Harry.  Wanting to win his affections, she reveals who she is at the worst possible moment.  Questions are asked and she and Petyr are discovered.  He gets pushed out of the Moon door and she carried off to Cersei.

Maybe there will never be a reveal of Sansa‘s true identity - because she won’t want it. While being „Arya“ saved her friend Jeyne Poole the day, passing as a civilian may save the highborn lady‘s life. Once a revolution breaks out for example.

A revolution is what some see as Littlefinger’s big project, contrary to Vary‘s Enlightened absolutism. This game of thrones could’ve turned Sansa already into a Westerosi Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia; but if Sansa never plays along „Who is going to say that she [is] [Sansa] Stark? Everyone the girl was close to is dead except for her sister, who has disappeared.“ (To adapt Jaime’s words here, whose quest puts success mostly in the hands of anyone willing enough to be Sansa under given circumstances.)

As she is, „Alayne“ is the unmarried daughter of a men who becomes richer and richer while the crown is deeply in debt and mayor houses face the final consequence of their rebellion a generation ago in the light of a Targaryen restoration. No good time to lift your cover. Especially when your father not only engaged into that rebellion but led into the reinstallment of his own kingdom in the north.

The way of restoration, embodied through Aegon stuck between too many offers of marriage and by that offending this house and that, could swing the last blow to the idea of aristocracy. There may never again be the time to reveal yourself like Catelyn once did in that inn, because nobody would stand up for you based on dynastic bounds.

We saw inns crawling with orphans like Sansa. We‘ll see their time and it won’t be neat given what we already saw happen to Brienne. The Tullys weren’t great to their subjects, as the crown and later the Freys weren’t. If there’s a hotspot for revolution, there it is. 

„Somewhere safe“ is where Sansa is now and more so if her little Robyn can be turned into some Robin Hood. His winged knights sound like some hell of a delivery service. Falcon, mocking bird and little bird might really be into something when war and winter hit hard.

5 hours ago, Haus Berlin said:

Maybe there will never be a reveal of Sansa‘s true identity - because she won’t want it. While being „Arya“ saved her friend Jeyne Poole the day, passing as a civilian may save the highborn lady‘s life. Once a revolution breaks out for example.

A revolution is what some see as Littlefinger’s big project, contrary to Vary‘s Enlightened absolutism. This game of thrones could’ve turned Sansa already into a Westerosi Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia; but if Sansa never plays along „Who is going to say that she [is] [Sansa] Stark? Everyone the girl was close to is dead except for her sister, who has disappeared.“ (To adapt Jaime’s words here, whose quest puts success mostly in the hands of anyone willing enough to be Sansa under given circumstances.)

As she is, „Alayne“ is the unmarried daughter of a men who becomes richer and richer while the crown is deeply in debt and mayor houses face the final consequence of their rebellion a generation ago in the light of a Targaryen restoration. No good time to lift your cover. Especially when your father not only engaged into that rebellion but led into the reinstallment of his own kingdom in the north.

The way of restoration, embodied through Aegon stuck between too many offers of marriage and by that offending this house and that, could swing the last blow to the idea of aristocracy. There may never again be the time to reveal yourself like Catelyn once did in that inn, because nobody would stand up for you based on dynastic bounds.

We saw inns crawling with orphans like Sansa. We‘ll see their time and it won’t be neat given what we already saw happen to Brienne. The Tullys weren’t great to their subjects, as the crown and later the Freys weren’t. If there’s a hotspot for revolution, there it is. 

„Somewhere safe“ is where Sansa is now and more so if her little Robyn can be turned into some Robin Hood. His winged knights sound like some hell of a delivery service. Falcon, mocking bird and little bird might really be into something when war and winter hit hard.

I like the notion of Sansa embracing a bastard status, if only because she previously looked down upon this less privileged status. 

Still, I think she will eventually be compelled to claim her status as a Stark and the power that comes with it. Like with Sandor, the time out of the spotlight can allow for a necessary transformation (healing in Sandor's case; learning in Sansa's), but eventually the heroes of GRRM's narrative will need to step up to use their powers and abilities for the greater good, against great obstacles. 

Someone remind me, when Littlefinger offered to marry Sansa in AGOT (according to Cersei), was this before or after Ned’s death? If it was after, then it really shows how LF’s “love” for Cat was more about beauty and status, and that he sees Sansa as his chance for a do-over. 

7 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Someone remind me, when Littlefinger offered to marry Sansa in AGOT (according to Cersei), was this before or after Ned’s death? If it was after, then it really shows how LF’s “love” for Cat was more about beauty and status, and that he sees Sansa as his chance for a do-over. 

it was before as I recall.

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

before or after Ned’s death

Cersei doesn't pin it down really. I'm going to say after, because it seems to me that Cersei and Joff were genuinely holding tight to Sansa's engagement long long after its political use was gone.

As to Sansa staying Alayne, discarding the Stark name, embracing her bastard status - it could happen, but I'm seriously hoping for some overall gender balancing in the arcs. If you put all the current predictions together, then averagely speaking the boys will heroically fight the good fight, and the girls will learn useful lessons about their previously defective characters. Or go mad. (Thinking Arya here, but also Sansa, Dany, Catelyn & Cersei).

2 hours ago, Springwatch said:

Cersei doesn't pin it down really. I'm going to say after, because it seems to me that Cersei and Joff were genuinely holding tight to Sansa's engagement long long after its political use was gone.

As to Sansa staying Alayne, discarding the Stark name, embracing her bastard status - it could happen, but I'm seriously hoping for some overall gender balancing in the arcs. If you put all the current predictions together, then averagely speaking the boys will heroically fight the good fight, and the girls will learn useful lessons about their previously defective characters. Or go mad. (Thinking Arya here, but also Sansa, Dany, Catelyn & Cersei).

That’s a very good point. I’m guessing that Asha will help put Theon on the Seastone Chair and then rule after him (he probably doesn’t have a long life ahead of him) and Arya will help in the fight against the Others, although she’ll probably also be irreparably broken like Frodo afterwards. Margaery’s days are numbered, Cersei is Cersei, and I suspect that the show’s ending for Dany isn’t that far off from the books, only the setup will be different. Sansa will probably end up as the first Lady of Winterfell, since GRRM says there hasn’t been one in 8,000 years, and the whole northern secession plot is pretty silly if Bran ends up on the throne. So yeah, not a great ending for most of the ladies :(

25 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Now that I think about it, shouldn’t it have gotten back to Cersei by now that Littlefinger suddenly has a bastard daughter that he’s parading around? Did I miss that?

No.The only mention of LF from Cersei is the Lords Declarant and Robert's tapestries. 

13 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

That’s so weird. Cersei is such a hot mess that I don’t know if she’d even make the connection, but Qyburn should have heard about it by now.

Yeah, it's a bit odd, but what of it? From what Catelyn says, men having bastards is common and she probably thinks of LF as little better than the smallfolk outside, or Falyse, or Bronn. 

3 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Yeah, it's a bit odd, but what of it? From what Catelyn says, men having bastards is common and she probably thinks of LF as little better than the smallfolk outside, or Falyse, or Bronn. 

this and I suppose people don't care much about bastards to talk about them.

by the way , LF is just starting to parade "his daughter" . any news of Alayne would reach Cersei after the tourney where she'll be .. well.. news-worthy. :) 

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

The fact that Littlefinger suddenly has a beautiful bastard daughter the same age as Sansa that somehow is already betrothed to the heir in the Vale would definitely raise an eyebrow. Because the five year gap was discarded, LF managed to discover his secret daughter and betroth her to Harry in just a few weeks.

On 11/21/2021 at 3:23 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

The fact that Littlefinger suddenly has a beautiful bastard daughter the same age as Sansa that somehow is already betrothed to the heir in the Vale would definitely raise an eyebrow. Because the five year gap was discarded, LF managed to discover his secret daughter and betroth her to Harry in just a few weeks.

True...(*few months, not weeks I think, but still a bit...quick). 

There's also the age problem that I think someone talked about upthread. 

Archived