Characters Who Married Up

The Bard of Banefort

On 4/15/2022 at 1:46 PM, The Young Maester said:

Yeah the Harold and branda marriage is interesting.

Imagine if they had kids and those kids decide to make a bid for their claim on winterfell.

One of the only sources on the wiki for Harrold was a post here from Ran, where he specified that Harrold was a knight, but not a lord, which would seem to indicate that he was also a younger son. This was probably also the case with Michael Manwoody, who is listed as a knight rather than a lord. Curiouser and curiouser.

2 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

But when I asked about it, Ran made a comment implying that there’s a story there but that he won’t tell us what it is :box:

I still think there's going to be a cute little story about them (as big a story as Rogar's brother's marriage to daughter of Archon or at most something like Sara Snow) but nothing substantial. 

35 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I still think there's going to be a cute little story about them (as big a story as Rogar's brother's marriage to daughter of Archon or at most something like Sara Snow) but nothing substantial. 

Agreed. It'll be background information, but given how close it is in the current timeline, it could come up in any of the three series (ASOIAF, DnE, FnB).

• 2 weeks later...