Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

9 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Which apartment are you guys roleplaying for your V? i think for me , The Glen fits in best, as he is a corpo rat but also dosent want to be reminded of it constantly by living in corpo plaza and glen is large and luxurious enough in the second best neighborhood with the best views and a nice nearby park (reconcilation park). also even though everyone keeps referring to V as a kid, i feel my character feels like hes atleast in his mid 30s, going by the voice acting and the dry, experienced dialogue choices i make while roleplaying him. Corpo path also has a long history in NC already which is more fitting for a guy in his late 30s. Car wise i honestly just stick with that free, sports/weaponized car you get during one of the delamaine quests, its great looks wise and as a tank and for speed. May eventually get the Hellhound and the Caliburn when i have eddies to burn, right one still upgrading my quick hacks,Mantis blades and cybergear, reached level 42 and still got alot of improvements to make on that front. 

My choice of weapons seems to have locked in finally to( specializing in tech,reflex and cool(20) with remaining minor points to be put in INT and Body)  

1) Lizzie (best tech pistol IMO) 

2)Widowmaker (tech precision rifle that works well in combo with my knife) 

3)Stinger(best knife and works well with widow for the poison+bleed combo) 

There’s a free Caliburn you can get in the Badlands. 

23 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

There’s a free Caliburn you can get in the Badlands. 

Yeah I’ve heard but don’t tell me more I’ll discover it on my own…just had my first sexting session with Panam, god I love this game 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

Caliburn is my favorite in the game. But I'm guessing this means you

Reveal hidden contents

Let Claire murder the guy she blamed for her partner's death? Otherwise, he would have given you his.

I tried to prevent it actually through the dialogue options at the car crash but she still ended up doing it and now I have a totally useless car…ah well I’ll just buy it eventually as eddies are ridiculously easy to procure in this game. Just finished Act 2 and Oda was quite a tough boss on Hard, gonna focus on finishing phantom liberty now before I go back to the main quest. In PL I’ve done the black sapphire, that sequence with Lizzy wizzy was one of the best visual moments in the game. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Oda's great, and his entry is very cinematic. Still remember my first time playing, and the startlement when he ninjas out of thin air..

He also makes me wonder just how much more badass Takemura would be if his cyberware hadn't been deactivated.

I found Oda way easier this time around despite playing on a harder difficulty. 

Spoiler

Queuing the malfunction->synapse->cripple movement with overclock, hitting him a couple of times with a tech shotgun while waiting for ram, and doing it again got him to like 5%. The scripting was actually confused at that point and he went and disengaged and then just stood there. Having high armor and health consumables helped a ton too.

On takemura and romancing - I'm doing a fem corpo v this time, and I fucking hate his condescending boomer ass. 

Spoiler

I ended up killing oda and then letting takemura die this time, both as my testament to getting back at Arasaka and not putting up with takemuras shit any more.

1 minute ago, karaddin said:

You have to pick certain dialogue options in the conversation after the 3rd race to be able to convince her later on, so that would be why it didn't work.

I’m actually glad my V couldn’t convince her despite trying his best, it just adds on to the role playing for me, sometimes in life you just can’t talk your way into winning lol 

Guys I just reached Act 3 of the main quest and finished black sapphire in PL. I will now do every single side quest ever including the NCPD crap and hidden quests before going back to either of the main stories, because I don’t want this wonderful game to end and I sense I’m nearing the end….Modders pls make some new story content asap till the sequel comes out like y’all did for skyrim ! 

10 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Any must have mods that will work with 2.0 and for PL? I’m not interested in mods that give free gameplay perks to make the game easier or graphical/UI stuff, just things that could add content to the game….

You might be interested in the romance mod that makes it so your romance option stays over at your place too.

Also, apparently I didn't do the Prophet's song quest last time and missed out on this amazing bit of dialog. When this happened I did literally laugh out loud when I heard Silverhand's deadpan response.

Edited by Kalbear

1 hour ago, Ran said:

I really hope the sequel digs a lot more into Mr. Blue Eyes and that whole side of things.

Based on some of the vids, it looked like the planned Expansion #2 was Mr. Blue Eyes on the Crystal Palace. I assume that's probably why the spaceport was originally built up and out for Phantom Liberty. With the second expansion cancelled, the question is if any of that material will make it into the sequel, although I think it makes way more sense for the sequel to simply make vague allusions to CP77 and maybe even be set somewhere else (oddly widespread rumours that the sequel will take place in Texas).

6 minutes ago, Werthead said:

oddly widespread rumours that the sequel will take place in Texas).

They would be insane to leave behind Night City. It's the most lore-rich and detailed place in Cyberpunk. They've barely scratched the surface.

Wonder why in the world people think Texas... unless they're hoping for a continuation making The Star canon? Meh.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

They would be insane to leave behind Night City. It's the most lore-rich and detailed place in Cyberpunk. They've barely scratched the surface.

Wonder why in the world people think Texas... unless they're hoping for a continuation making The Star canon? Meh.

imagine if every GTA game was set in vice city...even that city was incredible for its time but the sequels took risk and took us to new areas. I love NC but i think this world is rich enough to expand beyond it