Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

Here are the patch notes, which apparently are not complete (lots of very minor bug fixes and tweaks besides, it seems). Some new cyberware has been added to the game, which is interesting, and rebalancing and weaks on weapons and some perks, too. Oooh, and cyberware capacity shards will start dropping again even if you are max level. Nice.

10 minutes ago, Ran said:

Here are the patch notes, which apparently are not complete (lots of very minor bug fixes and tweaks besides, it seems). Some new cyberware has been added to the game, which is interesting, and rebalancing and weaks on weapons and some perks, too. Oooh, and cyberware capacity shards will start dropping again even if you are max level. Nice.

The cyberware isn't super interesting to me, but I guess it combines nicely with overclock:

Feen-X: Skeleton Cyberware

Cyberware Capacity cost: 16

Armor: 8/14/20/26/31

+250% RAM Regen Rate when available RAM is below 3/4/5/6/7

Cogito Lattice: Integumentary System Cyberware

Cyberware Capacity cost: 12

Armor: 18/27/36/45/54

+200%/210%/220%/230%/240% Armor from this cyberware when available RAM is below 2/4/6/8/10

Also a video featuring some of the partner interactions and other new stuff:

It kind of looks like they're giving netrunners some benefits, with the Overclocking working through cameras and the new cyberware. Makes that 4th, femme Corpo netrunner seem a little closer on the horizon for me...

Heh. Now instead of the 'can you pet the dog' it'll be 'can you pet Panam'

Also the overclocking not working through cameras wasn't an added feature - it was just a bug. You could use overclocking and then go into cameras and use it, but you couldn't trigger overclock while using a camera. It's a nice thing to fix but it isn't making it better. Same thing with now actually being able to reveal people when overclock is active - that was supposed to work.

They kind of super nerfed synapse burnout though, so it's not all good. 

18 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

If you play at maxed out graphics with path tracing it looks superb, can’t even notice any blurry textures,  with that card I guess you’re not able to ? Also set DLSS to balanced at most, anything in performance will make things blurry. 

My card's from 2016, so no ray tracing on it. Nor DLSS. It's mainly that I've noticed an annoying level of flickering sometimes on the horizon that's just slightly annoying and the perfectionist in me wants to fix it.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Also a video featuring some of the partner interactions and other new stuff:

It kind of looks like they're giving netrunners some benefits, with the Overclocking working through cameras and the new cyberware. Makes that 4th, femme Corpo netrunner seem a little closer on the horizon for me...

Don't these people understand I have a life I need to live? Why do they keep adding more things that will destroy my social life?! 

10 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Don't these people understand I have a life I need to live? Why do they keep adding more things that will destroy my social life?! 

They're not destroying your social life. You can now just have a social life by dancing with and petting Panam. 

Downloading the update now. There's also an Nvidia driver update with some DLSS and raytracing improvements for the game.

BTW, CP2077 is eligible in several categories in this year's Game Awards (Best Narrative, Idris Elba for Best Performance, Best Ongoing, Best Community Support), plus it's in the final round of the 100% user-voted Players' Voice.

Edited by Ran

36 minutes ago, Ran said:

Downloading the update now. There's also an Nvidia driver update with some DLSS and raytracing improvements for the game.

BTW, CP2077 is eligible in several categories in this year's Game Awards (Best Narrative, Idris Elba for Best Performance, Best Ongoing, Best Community Support), plus it's in the final round of the 100% user-voted Players' Voice.

Just got home and saw that there's a *37 GIG* update for CP77? THIRTY-SEVEN GIGS?!

It's big, yeah.

The updated ray tracing/path tracing seems nice, but getting some very over-the-top shadows on my all-white outfit when in third person (testing out the motorcycle stunts). Other outfits seem fine.

NCART is neat, just a bit of a vibe thing, haven't had any NPC interactions on the trip I took but it's a nice way to see the city. Would not use it regularly.

Radioport is cool -- there was a mod to allow that before, and obviously they've looked at mods to get ideas here.

Had a date with Panam in my corpo apartment, petting Panam achieved! It's nice, and I'm guessing depending o nwhich apartment you go to there's different interactions. Saw her dancing around in the trailer, but that looks like something for the Glen apartment maybe.

Oof, did 2.1 make any non ray-tracing related gfx updates? 'cause oh man, @Ran, I can feel a bit of a frame rate dip! Not majorly, but just a touch, enough that I'm sitting here wondering "...is the videocard crisis over? Can I afford to go out and get something new?"

4 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Oof, did 2.1 make any non ray-tracing related gfx updates? 'cause oh man, @Ran, I can feel a bit of a frame rate dip! Not majorly, but just a touch, enough that I'm sitting here wondering "...is the videocard crisis over? Can I afford to go out and get something new?"

Probably did.

My DLSS setting was turned off entirely when I started the first time, so fixing that put me back to what I expected... but now it feels pretty much like it did before. I think they improved path traced lighting on character skin textures, for example.

2 hours ago, IlyaP said:

I would say skip the 4000 series and jump in straight with the 5000 series due in 2025, in time for GTA as well. 4K cards have been seriously shit in terms of value vs price. I don’t know much about AMD cards though so you can research there. 

1 hour ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I would say skip the 4000 series and jump in straight with the 5000 series due in 2025, in time for GTA as well. 4K cards have been seriously shit in terms of value vs price. I don’t know much about AMD cards though so you can research there. 

Rod, which cards would you recommend these days, in terms of like...on a scaled/sliding cost, like - lowest to highest price to value ratio? 

Are there particular models that you actively tell friends "shit guys, based on a budget of (say) INR75K to INR150K, here's what I'd recommend" (Converted to your local currency, as it's unfair to ask someone who doesn't live here to know Aussie amounts)

58 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Rod, which cards would you recommend these days, in terms of like...on a scaled/sliding cost, like - lowest to highest price to value ratio? 

Are there particular models that you actively tell friends "shit guys, based on a budget of (say) INR75K to INR150K, here's what I'd recommend" (Converted to your local currency, as it's unfair to ask someone who doesn't live here to know Aussie amounts)

Right now the sweet spot is a 3070 or 3060ti. The 4060 is slightly more and not as good because of poor memory availability, the 4080 is total trash for the cost, the 3090 and 80 are still too expensive and the 4090 is insane cost wise. Unlike a lot of times the 40 generation isn't particularly good compared to the 30 series.

I also don't know why you're using mythical money as your example but I'd just convert that to Eddie's.

That all said you should absolutely hold off a bit if you can - the 40x0 super editions are going to come out real soon or at least announce soon and that should bring prices down.

On AMD - if you are interested in raw gaming perf (like for esports and high framerates) they're pretty decent value. But they don't have the cool upscale features and next gen capabilities that Nvidia does and they often aren't as performant. Nvidia is still the gold standard when it comes to optimizations and quality.

Edited by Kalbear

Yeah, I’d usually recommend the RTX 3080 or 70 but as Kalbear said , the next gen cards are just round the corner - the super editions of the 4000 series and it’s quite likely that Nvidea will price these far more modestly than 4k series considering the lower than expected sales and harsh criticism they got for it.

If you really don’t wanna wait and are okay with not being future proof for the next 7 years, and are looking for a great card at 1080p or 1440p resolution , then the 3080 is the best option IMO as it’s gotten a heavy price reduction since the 4K series came out.

it has a ton of memory, great performance at 2k resolution on all current games with Ray tracing and all the features that the 4K series has except frame generation. I got mine last year( an ASUS TUF) for 850 USD in the US, I’m pretty sure you can pick one up for around 600-700 USD now , not considering local currency inflation. 

Just make sure you’re not CPU bound, you’ll need a Ryzen 7 3700X or equivalent Intel cpu to get the maximum juice out of a 3080 at 1440p.

And if you need to upgrade the CPU,you’ll need to get a new motherboard most likely…so that’s why holding off for a full,proper upgrade(RAM,CPU,GPU,PSU,Storage,Monitor,MB etc)with the new super 4K series or even later in 2025 with the 5k series might be the smarter call if you have the patience for it.

Your current card is still good enough to run most games at 1080p smoothly without RT. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II