2023 College Football

DireWolfSpirit

Ahhh... they didn't want a former Jimbo assistant that over-acheived at a basketball school in a good conference, so they went with a former Jimbo assistant that over-achieved at a basketball school in a bad conference.

Don't ever change, A&M. 

Not if they interfere with the on field product. Just being rich isn’t going to get you success (ballmer cough) you need to have the acumen to let the professionals do their job. The boosters at A&M probably just think they can spend their way to success and it’s clear from the coach they got that the actual top coaches want more autonomy than they’d get there.

46 minutes ago, Rhom said:

They left the Big XII to get out of Texas' shadow... and now here it all goes again for them.

They pulled a Nebraska to an extent. Left what they knew for something different and it hasn't worked out so well. They have a losing conference record since joining, and they are in the easier west division.

Be careful what you ask for.

26 minutes ago, dbunting said:

They pulled a Nebraska to an extent. Left what they knew for something different and it hasn't worked out so well. They have a losing conference record since joining, and they are in the easier west division.

Be careful what you ask for.

Sure, and they've also got a heck of a lot more money as a result. 

34 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Sure, and they've also got a heck of a lot more money as a result. 

But at what cost Kal?  At what cost?!!?

In all seriousness, I don't know what Nebraska would look like to day if the Big XII had stayed intact.  But there's no way they'd be less irrelevant than they are now in the Big ICANTCOUNT.

49 minutes ago, Rhom said:

In all seriousness, I don't know what Nebraska would look like to day if the Big XII had stayed intact.  But there's no way they'd be less irrelevant than they are now in the Big ICANTCOUNT.

I agree, currently they are an after thought. Northwestern has more credibility as a football school than Nebraska does.

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

They wouldn't have been particularly relevant in the Oklahoma/Texas B12, and they might have been vaguely good in a shitty B12 that no one would care about and they wouldn't get much money. 

If they're going to be relevant they'll need to be beating the likes of Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State on the regular anyway. They might as well get paid for doing that. 

Sounds like FSU will be playing a third stringer at QB today in the ACC title game.

I don’t understand how they moved up to number 4 in the standings last week.

Yes.  They’ve had a great season.  

No.  They aren’t one of the four best teams in the country without Travis.

Washington and Bama seem like locks. 

As awful as it is to say this, go Iowa for maximum chaos. The rare super important game I don't want to watch at all, but will probably still have on without sound if those shit heel Hawkeyes keep it close.