Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Tywin et al.

2 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

Probably explains why I can't help being sympathetic to Harry and Meghan as I'm on the opposite side politically and personally to the people that hate them. I also absolutely despise the tabloids and RW press that target them. As an Aussie, it's the Murdoch press that has my particular ire and Harry's visceral hatred of Murdoch warms my lefty heart. 

I do find them somewhat sympathetic but that's not it for me. I wasn't a particular admirer of Lady Di back in the day (I thought the coverage and outpouring of emotion for her was excessive; but far be it from me to tell people what to feel), and I'm definitely not an admirer of Charles.  That said, what the press put them through back in the day was pretty vile. Same goes for Camilla.

The paparazzi behave like bullies and the UK tabloids are just beyond the pale. Their entire business model is based on exploitation. This is well documented. And I hate bullies.  

4 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Or it's just ignorance. Anyone with even a superficial knowledge of this story knows she's an American who worked in Canada for a few years.

I once worked with a Texan at an office in Oklahoma. We used to joke that we were both foreigners. Nice guy. 

*Insert 10,000 word essay explaining the technical inaccuracies in their comedy therefore South Park cannot be funny.

‘Does not compute, beep boop beep boop, does not compute’

14 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'm listening to the part in Spare about Harry's time in the military.

He was originally going to be deployed to Iraq but that was scuttled after it came out in the press.

His first tour in Afghanistan was cut short after an Aussie publication reported he was there, which was picked up by an American website and then went worldwide in a matter of days. He found out because he was working a radio that night and he heard all this chatter about "Red Fox". He eventually pieced together that Red Fox was a person and that person was him. "Red Fox" was the American's code name for him. The Taliban were looking for him. They got him on a plane immediately. 

On his second tour, (when he was flying Apache helicopters), similar reporting actually contributed to getting a couple of guys killed in an attack that was chosen because he was on that base and it was supposedly his birthday. He was there. 

This is so fucked up. "War" apparently isn't a good enough reason to leave him alone. 

Okay so the press dogged his mother into getting into a wreck that killed her, and put his life at risk.

But have you considered the fact they wanted money?/s

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/02/13/oldest-living-aristocratic-widow-tells-all-lady-anne-glenconnor-queen-elizabeth

.... The trials of both Charlie and Henry were widely chronicled in the press, which published stories attributing their untimely deaths to a “Tennant Curse.” On the day that Charlie was buried, the church and the graveyard were beset by reporters. “I suppose by then we had got used to them behaving so badly, but I still can’t think of anything much lower than gatecrashing a funeral,” Glenconner writes. ....

Yes, even she, who became infamous for being one of the hostesses at that palace reception around the abuse of women, where another lady got infamous and dismissed for badgering a woman as to "where are you from really?" has been harried and harassed by the press at times, despite all the protections of the palace -- though nowhere near as much as it would have been w/o those protections considering what her husband was up to all his life, and her memoirs -- the new one going in much greater detail as to his messes, including being a wife beater.

And now she's in the NYer, interviewed no less -- and in the UK all over the place -- garnering publicity, for that new memoir.  Shame on her! for demanding this attention like the attention hog she is. O wait.  She isn't an African American -- though she is female -- so that's OK then.  :P

Has the old lady spent her adult life bashing the press and blaming them for all of her problems?  Yeah, didn't think so.  That's the difference.  I also noticed that she asked permission from her children to disclose details about their father.  That would also be a difference between H and M.  

ETA...she also seems to have survived numerous tragedies...abusive governess and husband, loss of two sons, and being left with nothing in her husband's will.  Yet, not a hint that she feels sorry for herself...also quite unlike H and his never ending grudges about his free apartment in the palace not having enough natural light and not getting as many sausages as his brother ....

50 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Has the old lady spent her adult life bashing the press and blaming them for all of her problems?

It should be noted again British tabloids got Harry’s mother killed and endangered his life while serving in Afghanistan.

53 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That's the difference.  I also noticed that she asked permission from her children to disclose details about their father.  That would also be a difference between H and M.  

You think Harry have asked his brother’s kids permission to write about his experiences in the royal family?

56 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yet, not a hint that she feels sorry for herself...also quite unlike H and his never ending grudges about his free apartment in the palace not having enough natural light and not getting as many sausages as his brother ....

Hmm in one second you wail the queen was such a hard worker who people should respect for doing her duties with no complaint—the next frame the lifestyle of a royal so indulgent to think they've any reason to complain,

Harry is still the hardest worker in his family by virtue. That's an incredibly low bar though.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

And now she's in the NYer, interviewed no less -- and in the UK all over the place -- garnering publicity, for that new memoir.  Shame on her! for demanding this attention like the attention hog she is. O wait.  She isn't an African American -- though she is female -- so that's OK then.  :P

Even if Lady Glenconner has shown the occasional rebellious streak, she remains largely a defender of the social hierarchy in which she is enmeshed. “The aristocracy are founded on people that have done something,” Glenconner told me at Holkham Hall, citing the achievements of her Coke ancestors in law and in agriculture. “They created something—the estate, which is there, which is passed on. Some of the aristocracy fade—nothing happens, they can’t think of anything, they spend, and their houses go, and that’s it. But certain families, like this one, are able to keep on going, to keep on inventing, to keep on thinking of different things.”

A lot of the dissipate treatment is because her words aren't threatening the fiction have constructed about the royal family and aristocracy—that by default they deserve more because they're better innately.

I think that someone who has spent his life, and last 5 years specifically railing against press intrusion into his life,  his loss of privacy, various alleged smears and leaks and false briefings...should at a bare minimum acknowledge that he has massively invaded the privacy of his closest family members, disclosing private conversations without their permission or even advance warning. 

It is hilarious that anyone refuses to see the conflict/hypocrisy in disclosing these conversations and then, with a straight face, telling the world all he wants is a private conversation with his family that won't leak.  You couldn't make it up.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think that someone who has spent his life, and last 5 years specifically railing against press intrusion into his life,  his loss of privacy, various alleged smears and leaks and false briefings...should at a bare minimum acknowledge that he has massively invaded the privacy of his closest family members, disclosing private conversations without their permission or even advance warning. 

The people who should have had his back and instead sat back and did nothing while he was being served up? Who were themselves disclosing private conversations?

Fuck his family. 

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

The people who should have had his back and instead sat back and did nothing while he was being served up? Who were themselves disclosing private conversations?

Fuck his family. 

His family has been protecting and coddling him his entire life.  However, I believe he has significant mental health issues and should probably have had a much more meaningful intervention when he was a teenager and  that is on Charles that it wasn't done.

You know that Harry and Meghan do the exact same thing right?  They leak their recollections of events to their favored members of the media/influencer world.  Same/same.  

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I think there's a bit of a difference in hounding Harry for pics of his kids and harry disclosing what had been done, told to him by his family. 

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I think there's a bit of a difference in hounding Harry for pics of his kids and harry disclosing what had been done, told to him by his family. 

If I have a private, 'secret' conversation with someone and they disclose that conversation to the world, they have invaded my privacy.  If they then, in the same breadth, say how all they want is a private conversation with me that won't be leaked [wink, wink], they are a hypcrite who can't be trusted.  You know the saying...fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

His family has been protecting and coddling him his entire life.

Had they also not been protected and coddled their entire lives?

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

mental health issues and should probably have had a much more meaningful intervention wh

Are you still befuddled he talked to his mother at her grave at the anniversary of her death?

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

You know that Harry and Meghan do the exact same thing right?  They leak their recollections of events to their favored members of the media/influencer world.  Same/same.  

So why not proffess the same level of disgusts towards royal family you do Harry and Megan?

28 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

His family has been protecting and coddling him his entire life. 

Oh, you mean there were occasions where they were acting like, "A family"? Gold star for them.

And I'm sorry, this whole, "they weren't alway shitty to him" transactional bullshit doesn't fly either. I guarantee you there isn't an abusive parent anywhere in the world that can't say they were, on balance, good their kids.

"Yeah I used to beat him with a lead pipe, your Honor, but what about the 99% of the time I wasn't beating him with a lead pipe? What about all the meals I prepared for him or the clothes I bought him? I'm actually a fucking great parent when you think about it!"

I'm speaking from some experience on this. My extended family is dealing with their own drama.

Fuck his family. 

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Had they also not been protected and coddled their entire lives?

Are you still befuddled he talked to his mother at her grave at the anniversary of her death?

So why not proffess the same level of disgusts towards royal family you do Harry and Megan?

Yes, but you don't see any other members of the family complaining and whining about their life of vast privilege and coddling do you? 

I think that consulting a psychic and believing they relayed a message from your dead mother, sleeping with a box of your dead mother's hair by the bed, using the hair as some kind of good luck charm, and asking for guidance at the grave are very, very, very weird and disturbing.  Seriously, you can't have read that book and not be 100% clear that Harry is obsessed with  his mother and has been since her death and not in a healthy way.

The rest of the royals haven't tried to build their own brand on the bones of the monarchy, as H and M have.  The rest of the royals for the most part, don't complain in public, don't trash the family or the monarchy in public.

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

When did the press hound Harry for pics of his kids? Was it when Meghan lied about them being outside the school, or when H&M put in fake photos of press intrusion in their documentary so they could lie some more about it?

Never.  Okay maybe the one time when they expected Harry and Meg to show Archie as other royals in the past have done after the birth.  Instead, they created a huge amount of chaos, lied about everything and then finally did the photo.  Typical drama queens, the both of them.

Archived