NFL Draft 2023: Little Black Books edition

Jace, Extat

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So much for the Vikes getting Richardson. I'd have a really hard time taking him that high considering he has horrible mechanics and terrible accuracy.

Levis isn't going to last much longer. 

I don't. CJ at two makes a ton of sense, but they need so much at like every position. Trading up is a big risk.

I haven’t seen what they gave up to go get him. :dunno: 

Edited by Rhom

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I haven’t seen why they gave up to go get him. :dunno: 

This is what I'm seeing being reported:

The Cardinals got picks 12 and 33 this year while also netting a first and third-round pick for 2024. Arizona also traded 105.

ETA: Not a bad haul to drop 9 spots in a fairly good draft if you're not looking for a QB.

Edited by Tywin et al.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

This is what I'm seeing being reported:

ETA: Not a bad haul to drop 9 spots in a fairly good draft if you're not looking for a QB.

Houston also gave up a bunch to get 2, right? Now I'm thinking more in your direction, that's a lot of draft capital to give up. Well, at least they got a QB and a DE and not Ricky Williams.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

And Zona trades back up…

This is why mock drafts are a worthless exercise.

Eh, they're fun and you can't predict every trade. I personally watch for the reaction when one team picks a guy who they all mocked as a third round pick and the reaction that follows. When your team does it though, that's turn the TV off time. 

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

Houston also gave up a bunch to get 2, right? Now I'm thinking more in your direction, that's a lot of draft capital to give up. Well, at least they got a QB and a DE and not Ricky Williams.

First, Ricky was awesome, albeit in a small window, and no, they got the second pick because they were idiots and won the last game of the season. Otherwise they would have had the first pick. Personally I think the got the better QB prospect anyways because I believe Young will be an injury bust. 

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

If Vegas doesn’t take Levis to back up Jimmy G, I don’t know that he goes in the top ten now.

Is Atlanta ready to move on?  Chicago isn’t taking QB.

And here I was ready to call you Nostrarhomus... I think that would have been a reasonable pick. Atlanta and Chicago both should be looking to trade out though if a team wants him as they also need help at numerous positions. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Here ya go Ty…

I'd be fine if we got him without trading up. Just couldn't believe he would go as high as some people reported.

Silly Kiper having him fourth about Stroud...