Theon Greyjoy will be Lord/King of the Iron Islands

Here is why I believe so

1. Reading into the history of the Iron Islands, we find that there was a King of the Iron Islands named Urrathon IV Goodbrother. During a Kingsmoot, he swayed the vote into his favor, over the previous King’s sons. Upon winning the throne, he had all of them killed. Save for one, who was not at the Kingsmoot to press his claim. He was raiding along the Mander when this happened. Urrathon was such a cruel and impious man that even the Drowned Men hated him. He was eventually overthrown and killed by the living brother once he returned.

When Euron arrives at the Kingsmoot he sways the vote in his favor, winning the crown of the Iron Islands over the previous King’s daughter, and his brother Victarion. Asha flees for her life, as she no doubt expected Euron to kill her. Victarion stayed (because he is as dumb as a sack of bricks) but His mission seems doomed for failure. So, in a way, it’s part of Euron’s plan for him to die. Most of the other claimants to the throne are all given precarious positions that seemed doomed as well. Euron also openly admits to Aeron that he has killed 3 of his brothers, and it’s heavily implied through the text that Euron raped Aeron multiple times as a child. Euron is literally a bad brother.

Meanwhile in Qarth during Dany’s chapters in Clash, we hear of an owner of a house with glass candles that have awoken in the house of URRATHON NIGHT-WALKER. Urrathon, a now known name that is infamous in the Iron Islands. We also know that Euron has been to Qarth, recently, and is a known practitioner of sorcery. Euron is Urrathon Night-Walker.

2. Theon was not present at the Kingsmoot. Much like the historical Ironborn prince, he was away from the Islands, and was unable to press his claim. 

Finally, during the Kingsmoot, Aeron says to Euron “No godless man may sit the Seastone Chair.” Well, the name Theon is Greek in origin, for “theos”. It translate to “Hunter” OR “Godly

Theon is a godly man, and will sit the Seastone Chair at the end of the series. As King or Lord, it matters not. 

Aeron will sit the Seastone Chair.

Because when he considers who should sit the Seastone Chair, it never occurs to him to press any claim of his own.  And because of the irony that those who don't seek power are the most fit to rule (see also Aegon V).  And because he has a decent relationship with Asha, and will support her plan to settle Sea Dragon Point.  And because no godless man may sit the Seastone Chair.

With Falia as his queen.  Because he obviously digs her.

Aeron was cut from the show.  Which is why this could not happen in the show.

1 minute ago, maesternewton said:

Since he is a eunuch, he cannot have children.

My guess is that he impregnated the Daughter of the captain of the Myraham.

That child will be his heir.

Or Asha, or a son from her line. I also suspect his “neutering” as it were, will symbolize the Ironborn’s change in culture to follow Asha’s desire of getting farmland and to start sowing.

There's a very strong hint about this in Dance chapter 26:

Asha remembered now. “Torgon came home …”

“… and said the kingsmoot was unlawful since he had not been there to make his claim. Badbrother had proved to be as mean as he was cruel and had few friends left upon the isles. The priests denounced him, the lords rose against him, and his own captains hacked him into pieces. Torgon the Latecomer became the king and ruled for forty years.”

Asha took Tris Botley by the ears and kissed him full upon the lips. He was red and breathless by the time she let him go. “What was that?” he said.

“A kiss, it’s called. Drown me for a fool, Tris, I should have remembered—”

So it's clear that Asha wanted to have the last kingsmoot declared unlawful, since Theon was not there to make a claim for his father's seat. Then Stannis showed up and disrupted her plans. The last we saw of her, she was starving and freezing somewhere near Winterfell. Will she and Theon survive long enough to return to the Iron Islands? If she does hold a kingsmoot, will it choose Theon?

I rather hope so. He's not the most honorable man in Westeros, but he's been punished a lot more harshly than he deserves.

2 hours ago, Aebram said:

There's a very strong hint about this in Dance chapter 26:

So it's clear that Asha wanted to have the last kingsmoot declared unlawful, since Theon was not there to make a claim for his father's seat. Then Stannis showed up and disrupted her plans. The last we saw of her, she was starving and freezing somewhere near Winterfell. Will she and Theon survive long enough to return to the Iron Islands? If she does hold a kingsmoot, will it choose Theon?

I rather hope so. He's not the most honorable man in Westeros, but he's been punished a lot more harshly than he deserves.

Depends of how much he will be able to recover, especially in a world where there isn't psychatry and mental health help. 

He will surely invalidate Euron's Kingsmoot victory, but for now it doesn't look he will be able of ruling in any way anytime soon. And he may just want peace if he does survive.

Aftrr euron is killed isld say asha and theon take the seastone chair

Theon will rule and name hisn sister and  thus any children she has as heirs until he has some of his own (which cant happen)

Or in a shock upset the ironborn take such massive casulties  theon+ asha free all thralls and legitimise all salt wives! Everyone wanting to stay is now ironborn. Theons.bastard by the sailors daughter is heir and asha can marry quarl the maid etc. 

Vic and euron will probably kill each other

12 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

Aftrr euron is killed isld say asha and theon take the seastone chair

Theon will rule and name hisn sister and  thus any children she has as heirs until he has some of his own (which cant happen)

Or in a shock upset the ironborn take such massive casulties  theon+ asha free all thralls and legitimise all salt wives! Everyone wanting to stay is now ironborn. Theons.bastard by the sailors daughter is heir and asha can marry quarl the maid etc. 

Vic and euron will probably kill each other

Nah, I think it’ll be Dany or Sam that kills Euron

3 minutes ago, King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd said:

Nah, I think it’ll be Dany or Sam that kills Euron

Its be the damphir

Hel try  and kill him but aeron will come back harder.and stronger..hel either beat him to death with a door hinge or push him intonthe sea so he can drown in his new fancy v.steel armour!!!

17 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

By virtue of not being drowned and so brain damaged Theon is already more intelligent that 99% of the population of the Iron Islands.

:angry: I love the Greyjoys! And the Hoares! Death to the greedy Greenlanders, who refuse to share their bountiful harvests with the poor Ironborn 

3 minutes ago, King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd said:

:angry: I love the Greyjoys! And the Hoares! Death to the greedy Greenlanders, who refuse to share their bountiful harvests with the poor Ironborn 

I love Vic. But Aeron is just miserable. It is a wonder their culture has survived this long to be honest. People who view farming, medicine, learning, commerce, diplomacy etc. as weak should have a fast expiration date. I can only assume they survived as parasites do. So if the host dies or develops resistance they will need to adapt or die.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

I love Vic. But Aeron is just miserable. It is a wonder their culture has survived this long to be honest. People who view farming, medicine, learning, commerce, diplomacy etc. as weak should have a fast expiration date. I can only assume they survived as parasites do. So if the host dies or develops resistance they will need to adapt or die.

The Ironborn suffer from the same writing as the Dothraki to a lesser extent. They are caricatures of the cultures the represent. They are given almost no redeeming qualities from the cultures they are pulled from whilst given all the negatives.

They are written as dumb brutes who do nothing but pillage. At leas the Ironborn are smart enough to have tactics. The Dothraki are written to be dumb as bricks, to the point I feel as if Essosi generals and commanders are just stupid. Because they seem easy to counter. See the Battle of Qohor.

5 minutes ago, King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd said:

The Ironborn suffer from the same writing as the Dothraki to a lesser extent. They are caricatures of the cultures the represent. They are given almost no redeeming qualities from the cultures they are pulled from whilst given all the negatives.

They are written as dumb brutes who do nothing but pillage. At leas the Ironborn are smart enough to have tactics. The Dothraki are written to be dumb as bricks, to the point I feel as if Essosi generals and commanders are just stupid. Because they seem easy to counter. See the Battle of Qohor.

Both of them are parasitic. They would not be able to survive if they did not have people to pillage/raid or if those people got their act together and dealt with them. They really need more depth...

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

Both of them are parasitic. They would not be able to survive if they did not have people to pillage/raid or if those people got their act together and dealt with them. They really need more depth...

You at least have Asha and maybe Theon later, wanting to change the Ironborn’s ways. Dothraki are too rigidly written. Dany will have to kill a lot of them before they abubmit 

Perhaps he rules as a figurehead for the real power behind the Seastone chair. Asha Greyjoy. Who herself will rule the Ironborn on behalf of the rightful ruler of all of Westeros, Daenerys Targaryen.  Daenerys installs Asha who will install Theon. Another outcome is more likely to happen. Theon dies. Asha becomes the head of the Ironborn and leads them to serve Daenerys, who in turn will rule Westeros.  

3 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Perhaps he rules as a figurehead for the real power behind the Seastone chair. Asha Greyjoy. Who herself will rule the Ironborn on behalf of the rightful ruler of all of Westeros, Daenerys Targaryen.  Daenerys installs Asha who will install Theon. Another outcome is more likely to happen. Theon dies. Asha becomes the head of the Ironborn and leads them to serve Daenerys, who in turn will rule Westeros.  

Why would Asha automatically follow Daenerys? She has different plans for the Ironborn than usual but that doesn't mean she will automatically kowtow to a fifteen-year-old invader. People are not just going to blindly follow Daenerys.

2 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Daenerys has nothing to do with this topic, do not derail it

2 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

To be fair i think its strongly suggested the greujoys  swallow might  their own bullshiit....but for the rest of the ironborn they DO sow..and other trade and.commerce and do well from it!

The ironborn actualy do better when they leave westeros alone and dont force an ass kicking

I think i posted before about it they clearly have a mutualy beneifical relationship with westeros hence they havent been exterminated.

Their vast fast boat  fleet (all those non iron fleet ships) probaly do a nice earner in trade and fishing the west coast seas. Their thralls mean they get cheap food and iron (we can assume their meagre isles have some metals to sell) to sell  from the lands

finaly reaving in essos and the stepstones both removes other  pirates (good for trade) and brings in illicit rare goods to westeros that otherwise would cost much more if they were bought  with the gold price rather  than iron...il bet in the nearby port of lannisport many a rich lesser lannisters gold is used to buy all kinds of rare treasure or exotic item on the cheap!!! A sort of elephant in the room for westeros economy

They still bring in plenty by trade too but theres prob significant  amounts of far east reaving goods sold to lords who look the other way...when you live next to lannisters  you may need to shop black market to 'keep up with the jones'

Edited by astarkchoice