Theon Greyjoy will be Lord/King of the Iron Islands

25 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

To be fair i think its strongly suggested the greujoys  swallow might  their own bullshiit....but for the rest of the ironborn they DO sow..and other trade and.commerce and do well from it!

The ironborn actualy do better when they leave westeros alone and dont force an ass kicking

I think i posted before about it they clearly have a mutualy beneifical relationship with westeros hence they havent been exterminated.

Their vast fast boat  fleet (all those non iron fleet ships) probaly do a nice earner in trade and fishing the west coast seas. Their thralls mean they get cheap food and iron (we can assume their meagre isles have some metals to sell) to sell  from the lands

finaly reaving in essos and the stepstones both removes other  pirates (good for trade) and brings in illicit rare goods to westeros that otherwise would cost much more if they were bought  with the gold price rather  than iron...il bet in the nearby port of lannisport many a rich lesser lannisters gold is used to buy all kinds of rare treasure or exotic item on the cheap!!! A sort of elephant in the room for westeros economy

They still bring in plenty by trade too but theres prob significant  amounts of far east reaving goods sold to lords who look the other way...when you live next to lannisters  you may need to shop black market to 'keep up with the jones'

The Hoares did just all of that, knowing that the days of the Old Way and early Ironborn empire were long gone, and having developped ties and marriages with Andals they discouraged reaving and focused on trade and developping friendlier relations with the other kingdoms, and encouraged the more bellicose Ironborn to become privateers and sellswords instead, bringing a golden age and wealth never dreamed of before. 

Of course this ended when Harwyn Hoare conquered the Riverlands, though the few wise Greyjoy lords favored trade too and had the reaving take place far away in Essos. But it always with a dumbass and/or mad fundamentalist Greyjoy trying to bring back the Old Way or fullfill his ambitions, bringing death and ruin once again to the isles. 

The only way for the Ironborn to escape that vicious cycle would be to settle on better lands, though that would mean submitting to another, and/or break for good the power of the Drowned Men who keep brainwashing the population with their religion and stories about the "glory days".

36 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

To be fair i think its strongly suggested the greujoys  swallow might  their own bullshiit....but for the rest of the ironborn they DO sow..and other trade and.commerce and do well from it!

The ironborn actualy do better when they leave westeros alone and dont force an ass kicking

I think i posted before about it they clearly have a mutualy beneifical relationship with westeros hence they havent been exterminated.

Their vast fast boat  fleet (all those non iron fleet ships) probaly do a nice earner in trade and fishing the west coast seas. Their thralls mean they get cheap food and iron (we can assume their meagre isles have some metals to sell) to sell  from the lands

finaly reaving in essos and the stepstones both removes other  pirates (good for trade) and brings in illicit rare goods to westeros that otherwise would cost much more if they were bought  with the gold price rather  than iron...il bet in the nearby port of lannisport many a rich lesser lannisters gold is used to buy all kinds of rare treasure or exotic item on the cheap!!! A sort of elephant in the room for westeros economy

They still bring in plenty by trade too but theres prob significant  amounts of far east reaving goods sold to lords who look the other way...when you live next to lannisters  you may need to shop black market to 'keep up with the jones'

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Ironborn peasants engage in trade but are considered lesser for it

2 minutes ago, King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Ironborn peasants engage in trade but are considered lesser for it

Most of what the Ironborn truly earn surely come from fishing, sowing, mining and trading, though Drowned Men and traditionalists such as Balon would never admit. The same Balon who is never shown paying the Iron Price, no matter how much he brags about it, and lives from his feudal taxes instead

53 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Most of what the Ironborn truly earn surely come from fishing, sowing, mining and trading, though Drowned Men and traditionalists such as Balon would never admit. The same Balon who is never shown paying the Iron Price, no matter how much he brags about it, and lives from his feudal taxes instead

There is no way they pillage enough from Essos. It’s such a long journey, they couldn’t possibly get what they need.

26 minutes ago, King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd said:

There is no way they pillage enough from Essos. It’s such a long journey, they couldn’t possibly get what they need.

Of course they could there would be a wealth  of ships non stop loaded woth exotic goods , islands and seaside villages, and of course to be like omar in the wire and hit  fellow pirates... dangerous but very lucrative!!

I agree that Theon is the most likely candidate, Aeron's hints certainly seem to foreshadow it. Asha could be his heir.

As to who will actually kill Euron... I would bet on Victarion.

He was set up to die, but Moquorro saved him and guides him to his destiny... what is perhaps killing his chosen messiah's (Dany's) greatest enemy, the 'tall and twisted thing sailing on a sea of blood'.

Euron might be a greenseer and a sorcerer, but a battleaxe can smash his head the same. Yes, this sounds like a pathetic death (dying at the hands of the the brother he made a joke of, ignored and looked down upon), but which of the villains have gone out blazing? This is exactly the kind of death he deserves.

Edited by csuszka1948

Perhaps it will take the catastrophies brought by Euron on the Iron Islands, with many of the noble houses, captains and drowned men being bled out, that Theon and/or Asha will find the opportunity to finally bring some changes to the Ironborn society, taking advantage of the power void caused by Euron to again and use the support of the populace and thralls to reform the Ironborn. 

5 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I love Vic. But Aeron is just miserable. It is a wonder their culture has survived this long to be honest. People who view farming, medicine, learning, commerce, diplomacy etc. as weak should have a fast expiration date. I can only assume they survived as parasites do. So if the host dies or develops resistance they will need to adapt or die.

Aeron might be one of the most pathetic characters in the series, who was raped as a child and lost his brother because of an accident he caused, turning into a party animal and then into a religious and old way fanatic to cover his guilt, suffering and misery. He turns up to the Ironborn hardore culture, even as it's largely the cause for all the pain and misery in his life. 

9 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Depends of how much he will be able to recover, especially in a world where there isn't psychatry and mental health help. 

He will surely invalidate Euron's Kingsmoot victory, but for now it doesn't look he will be able of ruling in any way anytime soon. And he may just want peace if he does survive.

I agree with this. Vic and Asha are both well-respected people in the Iron Islands, proven to be capable leaders, and even they got turned down. What can Theon bring to the table, especially in his current state? The Ironborn don't know him anymore, since he spent half of his life in Winterfell. He lacks the experience to rule, and the one time he tried to hold a single castle, he lost it. I love love love love him to death, but I don't think he has what it takes. Especially now.

And as for Asha being a supporter for Daenerys, I have a feeling that won't be the case.. (this is in reply to a separate comment)

Edited by Ser Arthurs Dawn

Anyway both Theon and Asha have to survive Theon's execution attempt by Stannis, and the incoming battles in the North, and to find back their freedom either by ruse or with a deal made with the Stark kids or Stannis before they can hope to go back to the Iron Islands. 

Right now the chances of other Ironborn coming to their rescue are very slim, with Dagmer Cleftjaw and his thin Ironborn garrison being far away in Torrhen's Square and Asha's surviving crew ransommed by Tycho Nestoris being far too few and not knowledgeable enough of the North geography. 

On 6/12/2023 at 1:05 PM, maesternewton said:

Since he is a eunuch, he cannot have children.

My guess is that he impregnated the Daughter of the captain of the Myraham.

That child will be his heir.

What ? Aeron isn't a eunuch 

Edit : nvm I realised you were talking about theon.

Edited by Tyrosh Lannister

• 2 months later...

I'd like that, but at this point, I don't see how. His body and mind have been destroyed. If Theon had been patient, he probably would have come into his inheritance as a matter of course. Asha is probably going to inherit at this point, although Theon might be able to overturn the kingsmoot (that almost certainly would have never happened if Theon had been there whole).

Edited by Lee-Sensei

To the people saying it will be Aeron…isn’t Aeron dead at the end of his Winds of Winter chapter? Like, I assume we all read that chapter. I am pretty sure he is dead. I don’t think human beings can survive being lashed to the front of a ship. 

3 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

To the people saying it will be Aeron…isn’t Aeron dead at the end of his Winds of Winter chapter? Like, I assume we all read that chapter. I am pretty sure he is dead. I don’t think human beings can survive being lashed to the front of a ship. 

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

Nah. You're right though. He's dead.