Funniest Moments/Situations in ASOIAF

Maegor_the_Cool

For me one of each come to mind

"A year ago I was scheming to make the girl Robert's queen," Renly said, "but what does it matter? The boar got Robert and I got Margaery. You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid."
"In your bed she's like to die that way."

Also when Cersei got arrested, was trying to think of how her “Allies” would save her. Like her admiral, who she only trusted because she looked like a dead dude she wanted to fuck at one point, “Lord Waters, his ships…” meanwhile Aurane has already gone all One Piece in the Stepstones.

It’s not supposed to be funny, but I love the exchange when Loras confronts Brienne over Renly’s murder in ASOS

“He treated you kindly, gave you a rainbow cloak! Why did you kill him?”

”I never did! I would have died for him!”

”You will.” (Draws sword)

Even when he’s distraught and furious, Loras manages to be the wittiest guy in the room with just two words, heh. Yet another criminal omission by the abomination.

Edited by James Steller

@James Steller I see you are confused by my post. I will try and elaborate by giving an example.

Cersei often criticises Robert for being fat (and drunk). She herself, however, starts drinking a lot and gets fatter. Rather than accepting this she comes up with and believes a silly theory that the washerwoman was shrinking her dresses, thereby trying to absolve herself of all blame and ignore that she is becoming the very thing she criticised: a fat alcoholic.

24 minutes ago, James Steller said:

It’s not supposed to be funny, but I love the exchange when Loras confronts Brienne over Renly’s murder in ASOS

“He treated you kindly, gave you a rainbow cloak! Why did you kill him?”

”I never did! I would have died for him!”

”You will.” (Draws sword)

Even when he’s distraught and furious, Loras manages to be the wittiest guy in the room with just two words, heh. Yet another criminal omission by the abomination.

That reminds of a line in a video game or something. Like when you are doing the Dark Brotherhood quests in the Elder Scrolls.

I think they're my favorite scenes, at least, imo, the best written scenes in asoiaf, filled with family drama and political intrigue that moves the plot forward while remaining dark and tragic. But gods damn funny. Tyrion meeting Cersei, fighting Cersei and then meeting Jaime. Here's some snippets

"That you were fucking our sweet Jaime?"

She slapped him.

"Did you think I was as blind as Father?" Tyrion rubbed his cheek. "Who you lie with is no matter to me . . . although it doesn't seem quite just that you should open your legs for one brother and not the other."

She slapped him 

"Be gentle, Cersei, I'm only jesting with you. If truth be told, I'd sooner have a nice whore. I never understood what Jaime saw in you, apart from his own reflection."

She slapped him.

"Gods be good, Cersei, they're my own blood! What sort of man do you take me for?"

"A small and twisted one."

Tyrion stared at the dregs on the bottom of his wine cup. What would Jaime do in my place? Kill the bitch, most likely, and worry about the consequences afterward.

Torchlight fell across his face. He shielded his eyes with a hand. "Come on, are you frightened of a dwarf? Do it, you son of a poxy whore." His voice had grown hoarse from disuse.

"Is that any way to speak about our lady mother?" The man moved forward, a torch in his left hand. "This is even more ghastly than my cell at Riverrun, though not quite so dank."

For a moment Tyrion could not breathe. "You?"

"Well, most of me." Jaime was gaunt, his hair hacked short. "I left a hand at Harrenhal. Bringing the Brave Companions across the narrow sea was not one of Father's better notions." He lifted his arm, and Tyrion saw the stump.

A bark of hysterical laughter burst from his lips. "Oh, gods," he said. "Jaime, I am so sorry, but . . . gods be good, look at the two of us. Handless and Noseless, the Lannister boys."

"There were days when my hand smelled so bad I wished I was noseless."

I've also got a place in my heart for the Kingsmoot. Pretty much the entire thing  was jokes but I really love the ending 

Asha called, "did you leave your wits at Asshai? If we cannot hold the north—and we cannot—how can we win the whole of the Seven Kingdoms?"

"Why, it has been done before. Did Balon teach his girl so little of the ways of war? Victarion, our brother's daughter has never heard of Aegon the Conqueror, it would seem."

"Aegon?" Victarion crossed his arms against his armored chest. "What has the Conqueror to do with us?"

"I know as much of war as you do, Crow's Eye," Asha said. "Aegon Targaryen conquered Westeros with dragons."

"And so shall we," Euron Greyjoy promised.

3 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

@James Steller I see you are confused by my post. I will try and elaborate by giving an example.

Cersei often criticises Robert for being fat (and drunk). She herself, however, starts drinking a lot and gets fatter. Rather than accepting this she comes up with and believes a silly theory that the washerwoman was shrinking her dresses, thereby trying to absolve herself of all blame and ignore that she is becoming the very thing she criticised: a fat alcoholic.

Heh. Thank you for noting my confusion, but I was expressing it because that’s the closest I can convey my reaction to you putting Stannis and Cersei in the same sentence.