In which of the nine regions of the Seven Kingdoms would you want to live?

Canon Claude

Let's assume you're a middle-class level type of smallfolk; not rich but also not poor. Where would you want to live?

For my part, I'd want to live in the Vale,  as far from the mountain clans as I can manage. Maybe Gulltown.

Edited by Canon Claude

I'll pick Iron Islands because for some reason they are damned good at sailing and crossing the high seas, like wtf the Red Kraken was raiding in the f-king Stepstones before he attacked the westerlands.

I want to captain a ship named the Saffron Lady and sail her to the Saffron Straits, and admire the blasted black Shadow Lands around Asshai, while thinking what a prosperous and mighty empire it must have been in the past if even a ruined Asshai is larger than all the cities of Westeros put together.

Like others in the thread, I'd go for security and choose the Reach.

Some of the port towns have a romantic appeal though - White Harbor, etc You could see the ships come and go and sailors would bring news and novelties from foreign parts and around the seven kingdoms,