US Politics: Hell Yes THEY Were Trying to Overthrow the Government

Zorral

6 hours ago, LongRider said:

unhoused

I’m not too crazy about this terminology.

9 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Rise proletariat, and make them cower" I mean they did, a giant group of the poor, working people did rise up and try to make the government cower, it was called January 6th. I think what they did was wrong, oddly so does almost the entire left but it's hard to see why when this sort of thing is all you ever talk about.

Oh so the left talks about sticking it to the establishment but won’t cheer on working class fascists trying to overthrow democracy?

Curios.

Should note the biggest indicator for who’d turn up at was being from a place trump lost and racial resentment.

Side note We really have to evolve the understanding of working class because it’s not just white conservative men doing traditionally manual jobs like coal mining.

6 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

working class fascists trying to overthrow democracy?

Because They aren't working class.  They are far too rich fux who grift, scam, racketeer, crime, corrupt, lie, and abuse, who lead cults of Their own, etc.

They even hold the highest offices in the land, state and federal, from the courts, to the House and Senate, even the White House.

Get a frackin' grip.

Edited by Zorral

Ken Chesebro at the Capitol with Alex Jones during the jan6 attack wearing, [sic] destroying any argument that he was just an attorney who came up with the fake elector fraudulent scheme. I bet Jack Smith is watching...

Edited by Mindwalker

Georgia indictment and post-Civil War history make it clear: Trump’s actions have already disqualified him from the presidency

Donald Trump may be barred from holding public office due to a constitutional amendment disqualifying those who have taken part in ‘insurrection or rebellion

https://theconversation.com/georgia-indictment-and-post-civil-war-history-make-it-clear-trumps-actions-have-already-disqualified-him-from-the-presidency-211652

.... The key to all of this is the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which states that “No person shall … hold any office, under the United States … who, having previously taken an oath … to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.” Trump took that oath at his inauguration on Jan. 20, 2017.

Both Trump’s Georgia indictment, and his federal indictment in Washington, D.C., cite largely public information – and some newly unearthed material – to spell out exactly how he engaged in efforts to rebel against the Constitution, and sought and gave aid and comfort to others who also did so. ....

Disqualification is automatic

Trump’s supporters might argue that disqualifying him would be unfair without a trial and conviction on the Jan. 6 indictment, and perhaps the Georgia charges.

But Baude and Paulsen, using originalist interpretation – the interpretive theory of choice of the powerful Federalist Society and Trump’s conservative court appointees, which gives full meaning to the actual, original text of the Constitution – demonstrate that no legal proceeding is required. They say disqualification is automatic, or what’s known in the legal world as “self-executing.”

Recent public comments from liberal constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe and conservative jurist and former federal judge Michael Luttig – who has characterized the events before, during and since Jan. 6 as Trump’s “declared war on American democracy” – suggest an emerging bipartisan consensus supporting Baude and Paulsen. ....

Edited by Zorral

I’ve been watching the news coverage of the horrific fire in Maui and the fire coverage in Yellowknife and Kelowna, and what strikes me is that the officials in charge of emergency management in Hawaii have a long record of mismanagement. There’s a siren system that wasn’t used, or when historically used, people didn’t know what it meant. 169 were killed in the 1946 tsunami, but there have been others that people weren’t warned about. 

So far 114 are confirmed dead, but a week later there are still more than 1,000 people missing. This is already the biggest death toll from a wildfire in US history, and with more than 1,000 people still missing a week later, you have to think most of them are dead.

There are some big historic death tolls in Canada, but they date back to 100 or 200 years ago.

9 hours ago, Zorral said:

Because They aren't working class

Working class people can be fascists. It’s pretty important people be able to recognize an identity doesn’t negate them having an ideology that hurts or even kills them.

Working class\=good person.

9 hours ago, Zorral said:

They even hold the highest offices in the land, state and federal, from the courts, to the House and Senate, even the White House.

This is the exact opposite unreasonable extreme of presenting all the insurrectionists as working class stiffs—it’s presenting them all as uniquely wealthy and personally which is not true.

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Working class people can be fascists. It’s pretty important people be able to recognize an identity doesn’t negate them having an ideology that hurts or even kills them.

Working class\=good person.

I'm pretty sure we're all aware.

2 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I'm pretty sure we're all aware.

I would like to believe so, but the post I responded insinuated otherwise.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Ya, we are all rollin' with the degenerate dumpster T as the working class hero. :P

No. Not every person a working class person likes is a working class icon

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

So far 114 are confirmed dead, but a week later there are still more than 1,000 people missing. This is already the biggest death toll from a wildfire in US history, and with more than 1,000 people still missing a week later, you have to think most of them are dead.

There are some big historic death tolls in Canada, but they date back to 100 or 200 years ago.

Not yet:

The Great Hinckley Fire was a conflagration in the pine forests of the U.S. state of Minnesota in September 1894, which burned an area of at least 200,000 acres (810 km2; 310 sq mi)[1] (perhaps more than 250,000 acres [1,000 km2; 390 sq mi]), including the town of Hinckley. The official death count was 418; the actual number of fatalities was likely higher.[2] Other sources put the death toll at 476.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hinckley_Fire

They never bothered to count the indigenous people that got burnt up in it. Hinckley is a weird town. It's like it never recovered from the fire. The stories from it are horrifying.  

Edited by Tywin et al.

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not yet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hinckley_Fire

They never bothered to count the indigenous people that got burnt up in it. Hinckley is a weird town. It's like it never recovered from the fire. The stories from it are horrifying.  

Geez, the stories I saw called Maui the worst loss of life in US history.

15 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Geez, the stories I saw called Maui the worst loss of life in US history.

It could end up being that given the number of people missing, but back in yesteryear they never had a great way to check. The worst documented fires in the US are all in the upper Midwest between Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan (though Cali is trying its best to catch up). Much like parts of Canada the area is perfect to start a massive blaze from just a small spark. Each state is heavily wooded outside of the urban centers and in the summer it can get very hot and dry (Midwest weather is very streaky). I've always found the spookiest part is hearing tales of people trying to escape on trains and the tracks melted on them. Then many would jump in the lakes and get boiled to death. Ain't much you can do because the fires move so fast. Even today we struggle to contain them as you're well aware of with the Canadian fires over the summer. The smoke was awful here in Minneapolis, I'm sure it was shit in Toronto as well. 

12 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Not every person a working class person likes is a working class icon

Clearly you haven't been looking at the iconography pumped out to your coal miners (of whom there are, o, maybe hundreds working currently?).  But you don't live here so you miss a very great deal and misunderstand often what you do see.

In this country our working classes from Walmart to $tarbux to Amazon fulfillment to nurses to adjuncts to you name it are trying very hard to unionize while racketeer dumbster T and his supporters say NO -- as well as of course the corps that own all those places working to unionize.

Edited by Zorral

These people are evil and must be recognized as evil if people who care about liberalism and human rights are to have any hope of keeping America not fascist.

Its not only okay to recognize political opponents like this as fundamentally immoral but necessary.

It can’t be looked as a matter of polite disagreement.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

27 minutes ago, Zorral said:

But you don't live

I listed myself as living in hell. So obviously America. Jk.

I was born and raised in America though.

27 minutes ago, Zorral said:

In this country our working classes from Walmart to $tarbux to Amazon fulfillment to nurses to adjuncts to you name it are trying very hard to unionize while racketeer dumbster T and his supporters say NO

It’d be awesome if the the working class in America was universally United and individual working class people  never allowed petty reactionary idealogical grievances to motivate what policies or people they’d support even if it’s not in their material interest.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

Golf Game for Donation -- the racketeer traitor dumbster isn't the only one.  DeSantis is another, Hoo Boy, is he ever another!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/20/ron-desantis-donors-lobbyists-florida/

.... One lobbyist involved in the fundraising effort said clients wanted to golf with DeSantis because it guaranteed them hours of face time with the governor. “It’s about getting your phone calls returned and having the ability to make asks,” the lobbyist said, explaining why so many participated. “You want to engender access and goodwill with the governor.”

More broadly, the documents and interviews provide an extraordinary glimpse of how DeSantis and his team interacted with big donors, as they appeared to sell his personal time to political contributors. They included some of Florida’s biggest corporations, including some companies that went on to win favorable policy changes from DeSantis’s administration.

WellCare, a prominent health care company, agreed to give $50,000 in the early days of the governor’s administration, an email from Barker shows, but the CEO wanted to see the governor. A lunch was planned. “The CEO of Wellcare must hand deliver the check prior to session,” an email from Barker, the fundraiser, reads. The company did not respond to a request for comment. It is unclear if the lunch happened. ....

.... One lobbyist involved in the fundraising effort said clients wanted to golf with DeSantis because it guaranteed them hours of face time with the governor. “It’s about getting your phone calls returned and having the ability to make asks,” the lobbyist said, explaining why so many participated. “You want to engender access and goodwill with the governor.”

More broadly, the documents and interviews provide an extraordinary glimpse of how DeSantis and his team interacted with big donors, as they appeared to sell his personal time to political contributors. They included some of Florida’s biggest corporations, including some companies that went on to win favorable policy changes from DeSantis’s administration.

WellCare, a prominent health care company, agreed to give $50,000 in the early days of the governor’s administration, an email from Barker shows, but the CEO wanted to see the governor. A lunch was planned. “The CEO of Wellcare must hand deliver the check prior to session,” an email from Barker, the fundraiser, reads. The company did not respond to a request for comment. It is unclear if the lunch happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In the meantime -- finally! -- people are beginning to notice this amendment and are thinking, well, yes, this applies to racketeer traitor dumbster -- he's disqualified himself from running for and holding office.  I've been thinking this for a very long time, because of that alcoholic blockhead Andrew Johnson saying "I allow all the traitors back into the House and Senate now the war's over. The Black Codes aren't slavery, dah-dah-dah. blah."

... Various constitutional lawyers have been weighing in lately on whether former president Donald Trump and others who participated in the effort to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election are disqualified from holding office under the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution. The third section of that amendment, ratified in 1868, reads: 

“No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. ....

In The Atlantic today, two prominent legal scholars from opposite sides of the political spectrum, former federal judge J. Michael Luttig and emeritus professor of constitutional law at Harvard Law School Laurence H. Tribe, applauded the Baude-Paulsen article and suggested that the American people should support the “faithful application and enforcement of their Constitution.”

I really really wish DMC was here to weigh in on this (and some other things). 

BTW, that racketeering traitor will not debate, i.e. be seen and heard in public, with his team of rivals, leads one inevitably to think he's got some physical problems -- i.e. his incontinence for starters -- as well as cognitive issues, thus can't manage to be on a stage for any length of time. Since he's going to 'do an interview' with the tuck but not live! instead, having it edited to his liking and then released, I guess, on his own slosh media? -- leads one to think so, even more so.

Edited by Zorral

Ah yes, like J.D. Vance, and the other traitors, Our US Working Class Heroes.

How Ron DeSantis Joined the ‘Ruling Class’ — and Turned Against It
Over the years, Mr. DeSantis embraced and exploited his Ivy League credentials. Now he is reframing his experiences at Yale and Harvard to wage a vengeful political war.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/20/us/politics/ron-desantis-education.html

So the don’t say gay stuff is beginning to extend to public universities.
https://www.advocate.com/education/chris-rufo-new-college-florida

Please anyone who thought/argued that the original bill was just for 1-3 grade and got indignant, remember this when republicans say they need to start censoring things for the CHIldRen.