Acrophobia 45 - Election slogans - Round 1

Castellan

Hi, Good to see the interest in another game!

@Jez Bell @RhaenysBee @Harry Patteson @rocksniffer @Ser Not Appearing @Howlin' Howland @Fragile Bird

@RhaenysBee @rocksniffer

Could anyone who wants to play please send me a private message entitled "Acrophobia 45: [your board name]" to officially sign up.

..... CONFIRMED TO PLAY: Jez Bell, Ser Not Appearing, Lilac & Gooseberries, Howlin' Howard, rocksniffer, RhaenysBee, Fragile Bird. anyone else free to join in at any time.

Theme: Campaign slogans. Each round the Host will provide a character from the five book series, and an office they are striving for in the world of ice and fire. In some cases this will be as part of a democratic election, and in others it may be more of a rallying cry or demand as part of a bid for power.

Game play:
8 rounds.  In each round, the Host (that's me!) will provide a character and what they are striving for, and 3 sets of letters.  Select one set of letters to craft a slogan to promote the democratic candidate, military leader, strongman, charlatan etc. Send to the Host in the private message thread you started by signing up. DO NOT POST ENTRIES IN THREAD.

* Use only one set of letters for your entry. 
* Each entry must use all letters in the set
* Each letter in a set must correspond to the words in the entry (e.g. TATR = These are the rules)
* You may add any punctuation you wish to emphasize your point (e.g. These are the “rules”.)
* Fancy formatting will likely get lost in the cut and paste.

Players entries often range from humourous to poignant with everything in between.

Send as many entries as you like, but it is your responsibility to tell the Host your final choice before the deadline. If you don't, the Host will use the last entry submitted.
Once all entries are received, they will be posted in this thread for voting. 
Each round will be about a week.  Extensions will be granted if requested before the deadline.  If you miss the deadline without requesting an extension, you will lose your submission point (see scoring, below). 
New players are welcome to join at any time.

Scoring:
You vote for your favourite three entries in order of preference in the game thread.
1st place is worth 3 points
2nd place is worth 2 points
3rd place is worth 1 point
You will receive a point for creating an entry before the deadline and a point for voting.  Anyone can vote, even if you aren't playing.
The player with the highest number of 1st place votes will gain a bonus 3 points, 2 points each if there is tie.

PS Examples of campaign slogans

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._presidential_campaign_slogans

Edited by Castellan

• 2 weeks later...

Round 1

Stannis is running for King of Westeros!

We can only wonder at his motives for entering an election as he is absolutely sure his is the one true heir of Robert Baratheon, but he has shown some flexibility up north with Jon.

Perhaps he will bide by the result, perhaps not....

Perhaps he will show surprising skill in appealing to the voters, perhaps not.....

We can only wait and see what he comes up with as a campaign slogan.

Make a slogan from one of these sets of letters and send it to me in a PM

Deadline is a week from the date of this post. (i.e. Wednesday 20 September)

Message me if you need an extension.

Have fun!

POFI

I R H P S

VRUO

WKY

Edited by Castellan

Not so many entries in yet but you do have till Wednesday so I really shouldn't be nagging...

I have to say the wikipedia entry I linked above showed that often campaign slogans are less than dazzling.

I am sure Stannis could do better than most of them!

Edited by Castellan

Round 1 entries

1. Verified Royalty. Uncertainty’s Obliterator.

2. I'm rightful heir.  Praise Stannis!  

3. Purity of Fiery Iron

4. Won’t kneel yieldingly.  

5. VOTE R'HLLOR'S UNDISPUTED OVERACHIEVER!

6, Warrior King - Yours.  

7. I’m Red: honored, powerful, sensational!

Vote for your favourite three in thread.

Round 2 task coming soon.

Edited by Castellan

Round 2

Daeneyrus is running for Queen of Westeros. Like Stannis, we cannot know if she’ll respect the result. Although she was last seen wandering the desert with one dragon and perhaps facing capture, I think you can make your own decisions about what her situation is when she campaigns and what assets she can claim to bring.

What is her slogan?

PFT

CJTP

LWMF

PSOWR

Entries due 3 November

Edited by Castellan
see below

9 minutes ago, Castellan said:

Round 2

Daeneyrus is running for Queen of Westeros. Like Stannis, we cannot know if she’ll respect the result. Although she was last seen wandering the desert with one dragon and perhaps facing capture, I think you can make your own decisions about what her situation is when she campaigns and what assets she can claim to bring.

What is her slogan?

Entries due 3 November

Letters would be good…

2 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Phew, thought I was gonna need an extension.  :) 

Oh well it turns out running a game is a very good diagostic tool for dementia. It is true I have done all these things in the past, but this time I am doing them all in the first round!

On 9/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, Castellan said:

... :wub:

21 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

“Sneers”

I’m going for rocksniffer’s bottom spot!

1.  2

2.  1

3.  3

...the dungeon of debauchery requires a sacrifice... :leer:

4 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

That's an interesting way to refer to a poop hole!

:lmao:

Edited by rocksniffer
issues with tech...my lighter died