Nymor letter theories

KingAerys_II

Look, there is every explanation in my favorite fanfic theory, there are example of things that happened in the book as Aegon surviving the battle of the Rook Rest and the fight against Moondancer, the fourth dornish war etc. 

It's very likely Rhaenys survived her fall, it is stated that Meraxes crushed the tower and the curtain wall of Hellholt in her mortal agony, she didn't crush immediately on the ground.
(Aegon II survived the Battle of the Rook Rest and the battle against Moondancer, he was burned, crippled, severely injured, but he was alive and Corlys Velaryon used poison to get rid of him).
Meria and Ullers tortured Rhaenys , Deria and Nymor hired assassins to rescue her, the four consecutive Ullers died because of Nymor assassins, it is stated that only two assassins survived to receive the ransom:the assassins of Lady Toland and Lord Fowler.
(Some members of House Martell turned against Prince Morion during the First Dornish War:"Although Morion had hoped to take Jaehaerys unaware, the king on the Iron Throne had spies in Morion's own court, and friends among some of the Dornish lords, and was therefore warned far in advance of the plans made by the Dornish prince", probably the same happened before) .

So they rescued her and she was shipped to Dragonstone to receive the gift of mercy by Aegon himself, Rhaenys convinced Aegon to stop the devastation that almost annihilated the entire dornish population, the purpose of the Conquest was a united and strong Westeros to have the necessary  manpower to face the Others in future,to Rhaenys it was more convenient to have  an Indipendent and populated Dorne rather than a desert land with plague and famine.
Then I don't think the Queen was glad her siblings were destroying an entire civilization because of her fall at Hellholt,  she is described as a kinderhearted person, so she was not the kind of person that enjoyed sufferings of civilians.
She wrote the letter herself and she was smuggled to Dragonstone in secret to hide her mutilations from Orys and Visenya, it was the only way to avoid a further escalation.

The theory must explain the following points that I used as clues to elaborate my reconstruction of the facts:

1.Aegon had good relations with Deria, he and Aenys celebrated a feast for peace in Sunspear just after Rhaena birth.

2. Aegon clenched the letter so hard his hand is bleeding (the letter reveals Meria, who is dead, tortured his sister who was alive).

3.Aegon flies to Dragonstone for some reason. (Rhaenys shipped to Dragonstone, she was in a brutal state, however she is able to explain her journey in Dorne to Aegon).

4.Her body was never recovered. (she is euthanized by Aegon and her body is burned as tradition)

5.The ransom strategy was effective against the Ullers. It has no sense that an entire Tyrell army was no able to catch them and some people hired by the Iron Throne were able to murder 4 consecutive Lord of Hellholt in the desert. It was effective against the Ullers that were the lords that could have Rhaenys alive.

1 minute ago, KingAerys_II said:

there is every explanation in my favorite fanfic theory

Which holds as much water as mine since you interpret the original text however you like. You are literally blind to its problems when I point it out to you.

2 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

Aegon surviving the battle of the Rook Rest and the fight against Moondancer, the fourth dornish war

Are unsuitable comparisons as I have previously explained again and again and you have refused to listen again and again.

19 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

o other readers of this thread:

I am sorry to make plain my deteriorating temper and sanity by using cuss words more and more. But 11 pages of pure unrepentant madness is driving myself mad.

People who have these big theories/conspiracies always tend to be hella stubborn, so I understand this. 

They never concede, they're like the Stark haters. 

26 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

Aerys:

You deserve every single insult I hurl your way. The thread stands witness to my vindication.

This is known. 

1 minute ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

What little sanity I have left refuses to compare Aerys to the likes of James Cooper, Mor Sedai and The Commentator.

On a more serious note, though, would the Faith have been involved in Dorne's defiance? IIRC Dorne does follow the Faith too. Another reason they would refuse to use pagan magic even if they found it, hah.

3 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

What little sanity I have left refuses to compare Aerys to the likes of James Cooper, Mor Sedai and The Commentator.

He at least tries to argue with evidence. It's better than them, but this is still a thread that is probably you and him arguing back and forth. 

4 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

On a more serious note, though, would the Faith have been involved in Dorne's defiance? IIRC Dorne does follow the Faith too. Another reason they would refuse to use pagan magic even if they found it, hah.

Maybe some of them would have objections, but I feel like the invasion would be such a calamity that if they could, they would try it as a last resort. 

16 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

People who have these big theories/conspiracies always tend to be hella stubborn, so I understand this. 

This is known. 

"They never concede, they are like Stark hater", please, go to sleep. 

I am done with the thread, have fun, goodbye

1 minute ago, KingAerys_II said:

They never concede, they are like Stark hater", please, go to sleep. 

I am done with the thread, have fun, goodbye

It is true. People with big theories almost like a fanfic in and of itself in my experience won't concede their points, because it doesn't fit into their headcanon and they get pissed off. 

Thanks for proving my point. 

@SaffronLady I see why your sanity is fading away. 

6 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Maybe some of them would have objections, but I feel like the invasion would be such a calamity that if they could, they would try it as a last resort. 

Certainly. Still, I wonder about the possibility of the Faith secretly financing their brothers and sisters in faith to attract the attention of the dragonlords, while the Reach and other lords prepare for rebellion. The Dornish did just show them how to kill dragons, after all. No matter how much the Tyrells owe the Targaryens, too many Reach highborns died at the Field of Fire, not even they would be able to rein in the sedition of the Reach.

Until Dorne gave up and peaced out with the Targs. It's kind of sad, actually. Maybe I could write about an alternate timeline where Aegon had the Seven Kingdoms explode in his face. Well, not all of them: the Iron Islands would most likely sack Loren Lannister's ass bare if he forgets about them. It would be more Reach + Westerlands, some riverlords and stormlords, and the Vale if the war goes against Aegon.

4 hours ago, SaffronLady said:

On another note, do we have a dedicated fanfiction sub-forum, or we don't cause GRRM doesn't like fanfics?

No fanfiction sub forum, because George is anti-fanfic. I get why for various reasons. Although I do sometimes refer to the process of the various grail knight adventures and Arthurian cycles written over the centuries as basically an example of "fanfic"... with each author filling in a gap or period that wasn't in the older popular story/legend or focused on some obscurely mentioned knight of the round table and spin a whole new tale for that "superhero".

4 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Although I do sometimes refer to the process of the various grail knight adventures and Arthurian cycles written over the centuries as basically an example of "fanfic"...

Ah, like the Bible, getting updated with new chapters of miracles every century. Until they started the other type of fanfic called hagiography.

13 hours ago, SaffronLady said:

Ah, like the Bible, getting updated with new chapters of miracles every century. Until they started the other type of fanfic called hagiography.

Or fanzines where you get to write a heroic story of your own invention with a hero named and created by someone else ;)

20 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Or fanzines where you get to write a heroic story of your own invention with a hero named and created by someone else ;)

My, who could have been such an inventor of stories using characters created by other people?

H.P Lovecraft for one.

And let's send this thread down into oblivion, I really would prefer never to see it again.