Israel - Hamas War X

Luzifer's right hand

7 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Totally cool and normal shit. Given the fact that Palestinians are being squeezed into an ever shrinking space, I think we're going to see casualties start to rise precipitously as they have fewer places to go for safety.

How nice that the Red Cross blindly parrots Hamas statistics while still having never once visited or checked on Hamas' hostages. Once a Nazi enabler, always a Nazi enabler.

30 minutes ago, Bael's Bastard said:

How nice that the Red Cross blindly parrots Hamas statistics

I doubt they 'blindly parrot' such statistics since they care about their reputation. Look at the tweet you posted. It reads 'Reports indicate' that... not just '1000 dead in last 24 hours'. A reminder that WHO said figures from the health ministry in Gaza were previously reliable. In fact, there has been discussion that those figures might be an underestimate due to the thousands of people reported missing and trapped under rubble.

The UN humanitarian affairs office estimates that about 2,700 people are missing and believed buried in the ruins.

Thousands of bodies lie buried in rubble. Gazans dig to retrieve them, often by hand | The Times of Israel

30 minutes ago, Bael's Bastard said:

Once a Nazi enabler, always a Nazi enabler.

So people who report that reports indicate X are now Nazi enablers? Guess the BBC is a Nazi enabler as well, along with the vast majority of all news outlets and people on this thread. What should they do, not report it at all? Say that is is obviously fake/unreliable with no evidence to prove that assertion? Await Israeli government green light before they report anything?

Edited by Craving Peaches

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That Israelis, their government and other countries are demanding every hostage be released?

It's Hamas who won't release them all. 

Do you think this Israeli government is doing everything they can be doing to ensure as many hostages be returned as possible at this point?

8 minutes ago, Relic said:

Do you think this Israeli government is doing everything they can be doing to ensure as many hostages be returned as possible at this point?

Like I've said several times, they're probably assuming a lot of them are already dead. We've seen no significant proof of life in weeks while getting reports that the IFD have found some remains of a few known hostages. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Like I've said several times, they're probably assuming a lot of them are already dead. We've seen no significant proof of life in weeks while getting reports that the IFD have found some remains of a few known hostages. 

I guess I'm confused when you say this, and then say that the Israeli government is doing everything they can to rescue the hostages.

Jewish leaders a century ago had complicated feelings about Israel
By Daniel Schulman
November 19, 2023 at 7:00 a.m. EST

This article is adapted from “The Money Kings: The Epic Story of the Jewish Immigrants Who Transformed Wall Street and Shaped Modern America,” published on Nov. 14 by Knopf.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2023/11/19/zionism-jacob-schiff-jewish-israel/

This is another history which shows how much wealthy members of the community from other nations were and have been involved in the establishment of Israel, and have been ever since.  (I've read many of them over the years, which have shaped my understanding of the past and present of Israel, as has the history done for so many others.)

The splits and fissures and objections to Israel within the community that we see right this minute have always been present from the beginning in 19th C.

Edited by Zorral

7 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Totally cool and normal shit. Given the fact that Palestinians are being squeezed into an ever shrinking space, I think we're going to see casualties start to rise precipitously as they have fewer places to go for safety.

Yet it seems the hostages haven't been recovered and Hamas hasn't been destroyed, which is the point of these atrocities and the justification for them.

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

I guess I'm confused when you say this, and then say that the Israeli government is doing everything they can to rescue the hostages.

Because life isn't clean. They are trying to rescue the hostages, but Hamas has made it clear they're not just going to give them back. Therefore Israel has to put pressure on them. Now that said I don't agree with everything they're doing, but overall applying a lot of pressure is probably one of the best ways of getting the hostages released. Inaction and asking nicely isn't going to achieve much with Hamas. 

U.S. close to deal with Israel and Hamas to pause conflict, free some hostages
A five-day pause in fighting, monitored by aerial surveillance, could see dozens of women and children freed from captivity in Gaza.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/11/19/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-palestine/#link-7Z2XDG5SBRBQTLLDMNVW744LDU

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pretty much everyone agrees Netanyahu is not fit to lead, but that's changing the point. I'm highlighting the hypocrisy of people living in ethnostates claiming Israel is an ethnostate and how it's disproportionately called one.

I'm afraid the only hypocrisy you're highlighting is your own tbh.

I don't know if that kind of argumentation works in the real world, but from one half-Jew to another, I can tell you that if you start telling me my criticism of Israeli policies are anti-semitic I'm going to first laugh at you and, if you persist, tell you to go fuck yourself.
Maybe others than me will me more patient (or more intimidated by the race/victim card), I dunno. But even those who won't laugh to your face will be annoyed, you can be sure of it. In the end you won't convince anyone, but you'll royally piss off a lot of people...

7 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

I'm afraid the only hypocrisy you're highlighting is your own tbh.

I don't know if that kind of argumentation works in the real world, but from one half-Jew to another, I can tell you that if you start telling me my criticism of Israeli policies are anti-semitic I'm going to first laugh at you and, if you persist, tell you to go fuck yourself.
Maybe others than me will me more patient (or more intimidated by the race/victim card), I dunno. But even those who won't laugh to your face will be annoyed, you can be sure of it. In the end you won't convince anyone, but you'll royally piss off a lot of people...

When have I said criticism of Israeli policies are anti-Semitic? I trash their government all the time and have barely said anything nice about them. However, when someone parrots Hamas' talking points, then I start to have questions.

2 minutes ago, Bael's Bastard said:

Anyone demonizing Israel and its diverse citizenry as an ethnostate while demanding the establishment of a Palestinian state that will have no Jews is obviously full of shit. There is no explaining this hypocrisy away, which is why it is so fucking inherently stupid to try to argue.

Yes, thank you, the palestinians obviously want an ethnostate , so it is totally absurd to support that and critizise other ethnostates.

Also about the hostages, really its in the hand of Hamas, they took them. Sometimes its sound that this is the fault of the Israeli but it isnt. Its the fault of Hamas.