International events

3CityApache

54 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I wouldn’t know, because that's not what I said. a

BTW - Has anyone got anything to say about the estimated 400,000+ human beings currently enslaved in the good ole US of A, presumably owned by all those upstanding American elites?

Link please.  Slavery is explicitly illegal in the US has been since 1865.  Anyone attempting to keep slaves in the US is looking a serious jail term for their actions.  You know that… right?  

Are the Houthi punishing people in their territory who own or trade slaves?

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Link please.  Slavery is explicitly illegal in the US has been since 1865.  Anyone attempting to keep slaves in the US is looking a serious jail term for their actions.  You know that… right?  

*sigh*

Scot, I find your naivety, along with your wonton disregard for facts on *checks* a whole range of issues to be, frankly, quite staggering. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contemporary_slavery_in_the_United_States#:~:text=The practices of slavery and,those being women and children.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/19/us-modern-slavery-report-global-slavery-index?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

https://theexodusroad.com/does-slavery-exist-in-america-today/

Edited by Spockydog

Here too:

https://www.voices4freedom.org/what-is-modern-day-slavery/?gclid=CjwKCAiAqY6tBhAtEiwAHeRopQVjVyyeJrsLsPO-glU6jlfuEWsUxYlY-jWLKBLt6jF_4WAfzfg6XxoC52gQAvD_BwE

The same tactics of force, fraud, and coercion that are used to exploit people around the world are also used in the United States. Of every 1,000 people in the United States, 1.3 are living in modern slavery. Modern slavery is seen in jobs like domestic work; agriculture and farm work; traveling sales crews; restaurant or food services; and health and beauty services. Up to 30 percent of farmworker families are living below the federal poverty line, experiencing situations of modern slavery where they are held against their will, through the use or threat of violence, and forced to work for little or no money. (12) Thus, the fruits, vegetables, and meats we consume are often the product of slave labor happening in the United States.

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

People also commit murder, theft, rape, child molestation, and myriad other crimea in the US despite the fact those acts being explicitly illegal.  Are we all guilty of those crimes because others break the law?

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

People also commit murder, theft, rape, child molestation, and myriad other crimea in the US despite the fact those acts being explicitly illegal.  Are we all guilty of those crimes because others break the law?

JFC, what is it with people putting words into other people's mouths today? 

Just fucking stop. 

It's not clever. Just incredibly tedious. 

Edited by Spockydog

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

JFC, what is it with people putting words into other people's mouths today? 

Just fucking stop. 

It's not clever. Just incredibly tedious. 

Slavery is illegal.  And you said above:

Your leaders are slavers

How is my logic not consistent with what you said above.  People who keep slaves are prosecuted and imprisoned for their actions.  

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/chesterfield-county/virginia-family-found-guilty-modern-day-equivalent-of-slavery-of-family-member-over-12-year-period/amp/

Here’s another one:

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/wisconsin-couple-who-kept-modern-day-slave-19-years-deported-philippines

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

People who commit crimes are responsible for said crimes, including the crime of slavery. Right? The issue of modern day slavery is very troubling, especially when you consider that child labour is considered a form of enslavement and then consider all the laws being passed in some states in America to legalise child labour. The stories about children working night shifts in slaughterhouses in Arkansas were absolutely horrifying. Welcome to 2024. :(

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Perhaps cunts like Zac Goldsmith should think about that for a moment.

Goldsmiths tweet was in response to Rivkah Brown, who really is a piece of shit. Who can forget her tweet celebrating the Hamas attack. Maybe you should think about that for a moment. 

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Slavery is illegal.  And you said above:

How is my logic not consistent with what you said above.  People who keep slaves are prosecuted and imprisoned for their actions.  

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/chesterfield-county/virginia-family-found-guilty-modern-day-equivalent-of-slavery-of-family-member-over-12-year-period/amp/

Here’s another one:

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/wisconsin-couple-who-kept-modern-day-slave-19-years-deported-philippines

Yeah i'm sure news of those two convictions will be of enormous succour to the hundreds of thousands being forced to do Christknowswhat by rich Americans. 

Edited by Spockydog

Just now, Spockydog said:

Yeah i'm sure news of those two convictions are of enormous succour to the hundreds of thousands being forced to do Christknowswhat by rich Americans. 

It’s illegal.  It’s prosecuted when exposed.  Are Houthis who hold and trade slaves in the territory they control arrested and prosecuted for keeping slaves as people are in the United States?  If not… the situation is different and your claim that

Your leaders are slavers

Isn’t accurate.

We have leaders in the US who fucking suck.  That is a fact.  I haven’t heard any elected leaders saying they want slavery to be legal or tolerated.

Have you?

Scot, who do you think, of all the American citizens who own the estimated 500k slaves in the USA, are the actual owners of those slaves?

And I wonder what those people do for a living. Most of them, absolutely nothing. Except telling schmucks like Trump and Biden what they are and aren't allowed to legislate on. 

As I said, your naivety is staggering. 

Edited by Spockydog

Scot, who do you think, of all the American citizens who own the estimated 500k slaves in the USA, are the actual owners of those slaves. 

As I said, your naivety is staggering. 

Son, are you saying that the heads of the United States government are involved in a slavery industry? 

2 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

Son, are you saying that the heads of the United States government are involved in a slavery industry? 

The actual, overt Slavery Industry is run mainly the US Prison Industrial Complex. 

Edited by Spockydog

2 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

No. I'm talking mainly about their overlords. 

Edited by Spockydog

The actual industry is run mainly the US Prison Service. 

You are correct and that is fucking evil and should end.  

As to your attempt to distract from Houthi being slavers… why?  Seriously, why attempt to offer any kind of Justification for that.  Look, the US randomly bombing Yemen isn’t okay.  The Houthi targeting merchant shipping also isn’t okay.

Therefore, despite the prior US actions, I see the use of force to attempt to stop Houthi attacks on merchant shipping as justified.

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

The actual, overt Slavery Industry is run mainly the US Prison Industrial Complex. 

Ahhhhhhhh... ...

... hhhhh... 

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

No. I'm talking mainly about their overlords. 

... ... hhh-whaaaaaaa?