NBA - squeaky bum time

BigFatCoward

Does travel really matter anymore? I get the concerns from yesteryear, but so much has advanced since then. Getting rid of back to backs and scheduling regional road trips seems more important. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Does travel really matter anymore?

I don’t know about you, but cross country flights suck ass compared to a few hours within a region.  Not like it’s going to be much different for the pros.  We don’t even have the Concorde anymore.  Technology went backward with the internet.  I WANT MY JETPACK!!!

Paris 2024 team, apparently the last name is likely to by Kawhi.  That's a lot of old and slightly broken down players, hope it doesn't bite them on the arse.  Its not bad, but its no dream team.

LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker, Jrue Holiday, Anthony Davis, Anthony Edwards, Bam Adebayo, Tyrese Haliburton.

9 hours ago, DMC said:

I don’t know about you, but cross country flights suck ass compared to a few hours within a region.  Not like it’s going to be much different for the pros.  We don’t even have the Concorde anymore.  Technology went backward with the internet.  I WANT MY JETPACK!!!

You are hardly travelling in the same manner as an NBA team. 

Posted (edited)

Paris 2024 team, apparently the last name is likely to by Kawhi., Brunson can feel particularly aggrieved.  That's a lot of old and slightly broken down players, hope it doesn't bite them on the arse.  Its not bad, but its no dream team.

LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Jayson Tatum, Devin Booker, Jrue Holiday, Anthony Davis, Anthony Edwards, Bam Adebayo, Tyrese Haliburton.

Edited by BigFatCoward

39 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Really?!?  My point is flight times aren’t gonna be much different.

Edited by DMC

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DMC said:

Really?!?  My point is flight times aren’t gonna be much different.

flights feel shit because you are crammed in like sardines, not because of how long your are on them, if they are on a flight its more like chilling in the living room. 

Many football teams travel by coach, Newcastle to London is the same time as flying across the US. its really not that big a deal imo. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

flights feel shit because you are crammed in like sardines, not because of how long your are on them, if they are on a flight its more like chilling in the living room. 

Really don’t get why you think you need to educate me on the differences.  The travel time still grates on any human being - at least based on players themselves mentioning this for decades.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DMC said:

Really don’t get why you think you need to educate me on the differences.  The travel time still grates on any human being - at least based on players themselves mentioning this for decades.

Because you seem not to know the difference would be the most obvious answer.  i've found articles moaning about being away from home, and back to backs, not a single one about sitting on a plane for a few hours chilling with their mates, music, tablets or just sleeping in comfort. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Because you seem not to know the difference would be the most obvious answer. 

Oh I can certainly think of a more obvious one.

31 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Newcastle to London is the same time as flying across the US.

Lol.  It’s literally ten times the distance and at least five times the flight time.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DMC said:

Lol.  It’s literally ten times the distance and at least five times the flight time.

Many football teams travel by coach, Newcastle to London is the same time as flying across the US. its really not that big a deal imo. 

reading is so important. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

reading is so important. 

So is the basic understanding the difference between flying charter to coach is not going to make up a five times difference in flight time.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DMC said:

So is the basic understanding the difference between flying charter to coach is not going to make up a five times difference in flight time.

'by coach' a coach is a bus. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

22 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

'by coach' a coach is a bus. 

Ah.  Based on you talking about the differences in flight travel I misunderstood.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Its not bad, but its no dream team.

Errrr, it's about as close to a Dream Team as you're getting. Like, who else do you want on this squad??

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Ah.  Based on you talking about the differences in flight travel I misunderstood.

i was thinking 'is he being stupid on purpose'? I Lol'd in my office when I realised. 

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

Errrr, it's about as close to a Dream Team as you're getting. Like, who else do you want on this squad??

Not saying there is anyone missing (obviously Brunson should be there) but in the 92 Olympics the best 20 players in the world were all American, now the best 5 aren't (though you have stolen Embiid). 

I'd call that a Dream Team. They got basically all the top American players to join up. That doesn't always happen.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I agree that they're not traveling like us, but the one counterpoint that makes sense to me is a lot of air travel is more stressful on taller people. I don't think its that big of a deal these days, but it was in the past.