Football: You can take Poch out of Spurs...or playing Boehly's Billion Bottlers Blues.

2 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Strikes me, United are finally assembling a proper professional backroom team. It will still take years before they are competitive in the Premier League though - most of their players are unsellable and so the recruitment department will be very restricted in improving the squad.

Perhaps they need to take a leaf out of Arteta's book, which should become the blueprint of how to awake a sleeping giant. 

Also, if Arteta wins the league with this team, after everything he went through (Ozil, Auba, etc), it will rank as a greater achievement than anything Guardiola will ever do. 

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Perhaps they need to take a leaf out of Arteta's book, which should become the blueprint of how to awake a sleeping giant. 

Also, if Arteta wins the league with this team, after everything he went through (Ozil, Auba, etc), it will rank as a greater achievement than anything Guardiola will ever do. 

As a neutral, yet another City pot would be Top Meh. Both Arsenal and Liverpool are playing exciting, entertaining football, and I'd be happy for either to nick the title.

Is the pope a Catholic?

13 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

As a neutral, yet another City pot would be Top Meh. Both Arsenal and Liverpool are playing exciting, entertaining football, and I'd be happy for either to nick the title.

Must be shite to be a man utd fan, all 3 winning will suck for them.

Is there anyone that doesn't support city that does want them to win? 

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

Can't see why any neutral would want them too. Without KDB all season, (until now, and he's not yet up to speed) and Haaland below par, their football has been less than scintillating.

'Spose United fans can laugh at Chelsea.

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

My guess is, is that they either pick Arsenal or they've just become used/numb to City winning. Liverpool is probably their least preferred outcome as that would tie them with 20 league title each on top of them being their main rival.

So I've been a bit wary of saying it, 'cause you think 'hey, City aren't as good this season' and then it comes together and they reel off 15 wins to end the year, but City have definitely dropped off a bit this season haven't they?

I think they deliberately made themselves a bit worse at the traditional Pep style by getting Haaland in, who's a bit of a passenger in general play, in the pursuit of being better in the latter stages of the Champions League but when he scores 36 goals it probably balances itself out. If he only gets 20-25 goals I'm not quite sure it does. Add in they haven't really adequately replaced Gundogan or Mahrez (probably should have kept Palmer). Plus it looking like De Bruyne might be struggling to hit the same heights post injury at 32 and they're not quite what they were.

The problem is even a not as good version of City are still clearly better than everyone other than Arsenal and Liverpool and you could still easily see them winning the remaining 9 games.

Pretty sure all three are going to drop at least one point.

I'm just happy because a) we're up there, and b) ain't nobody laughing at The Arsenal anymore.

6 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Pretty sure all three are going to drop at least one point.

I'm just happy because a) we're up there, and b) ain't nobody laughing at The Arsenal anymore.

Yea, same. Even if we don't win this year, it's been an absolute blast. Best football we've played in a long time. I would love to beat Bayern to at least keep CL alive. Just fun to be in the running.

• Ran locked this topic