Classic Thread Recommends?

What's a classic thread (not one of your own) that you think people should check out, and why?

I thought this might be a nice idea, seeing as this forum has such a huge back catalogue and many old posters are no longer active. 

So, I found this old thread, begun by @Kingmonkey, that begins by imagining how the Dunk & Egg stories tie in thematically to the main series:

It basically shows how the Tower of Joy echoes throughout the story in versions great and small. Great thread all round, with lots to chew on. 

Edited by Sandy Clegg

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

This series of threads is an excellent read:

Skimming through Learning to Lead, we miss a lot of those posters.

A lot is made at the end of Dany choosing to be Dragon, rather than Mhysa, but to me, it’s a case of both/and, rather than either/or.  A good leader has to be both Mhysa and Dragon, on occasion.

Striving too hard for peace in Meereen, nearly led to disaster.  States don’t launch armadas, and bring thousands of soldiers onto your soil, because they want peace.  People rarely lay down the whip, unless they are compelled to.  And a “peace” that can only be secured by allowing people to be eaten by lions for the amusement of sadists, is a peace that is not worth having.

Edited by SeanF

30 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Skimming through Learning to Lead, we miss a lot of those posters.

Some of the rereads by those posters are excellent and well worth reading.  They did some good work on those rereads.