Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea

In other news, in other lands, namely the Netherlands.

Vitesse is the first team relegated (after 35 years in the Eredivisie). They were already bottom of the table and were likely to go down, before they were hit with a deduction of 18 points. They are now sitting on -1 point. The club have accepted the ruling of the indepedent regulator and admitted to have messed around with their balance sheets.

There's also another investigation into Vitesse going on. Focus of it potential ties to Abramovich (yes, he is sorta like herpes, you can't get rid off him), who is (as we all know) under EU sanctions.

5 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Can't help thinking how when Boehly took over and went on his big dick rampage, Saudi Arabia came along and dug them out of a HUGE hole in massively overpaying for players they couldn't otherwise get rid of. And here they are, still effing up the finances!

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

Can't help thinking how when Boehly took over and went on his big dick rampage, Saudi Arabia came along and dug them out of a HUGE hole in massively overpaying for players they couldn't otherwise get rid of. And here they are, still effing up the finances!

The Saudis helped to move dead wood from a few clubs, not just Chelsea.

Liverpool managed to elegantly offload Henderson and his contract this way, while Henderson could get rid off his SJW label.

United managed to get rid off C. Ronaldo

Bayern could sell off Mane without having to write off any value.

Looks like the FA and PL might have to backtrack on scrapping FA Cup replays. Apparently they did not consult with the EFL when making the decision and now the EFL and its clubs are up in arms over it. According to John Percy, EFL clubs are threatening to boycott the competition and even the government is demanding answers from the FA and PL.

As I said last week my opinion on goalscoring is that everyone misses chances and sometimes shit happens and the ball doesn’t go in the net but, bloody hell, Jackson could do with taking one of these chances.

ETA: Er, decent shout that’s a penalty.

ETA2: Er, not a bad shout that’s a penalty either. Walker’s shoved Jackson in the back there.

Edited by ljkeane

18 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

As I said last week my opinion on goalscoring is that everyone misses chances and sometimes shit happens and the ball doesn’t go in the net but, bloody hell, Jackson could do with taking one of these chances.

ETA2: Er, not a bad shout that’s a penalty either. Walker’s shoved Jackson in the back there.

I remember doing my fantasy beginning of the season, lots of pundits bigging up Jackson.

’Lead striker for Chelsea!’ and ‘look at all the chances hes getting, he’ll come good!’

But had any of them actually watched him? Hes fast for sure, but he has no composure or finishing skill. Hes a blunt tool. Luckily never fell into the Jackson trap. 

Edited by Heartofice

42 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Assuming 1. was the handball, yeah, that should've been a penalty. VAR will have some explaining to do (again) there.

2. Too little for a penalty imho. If Chelsea had been awarded a penalty for that, then City for once would've had more right to complain about that call, then Chelsea about it not being given.

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea