The Worst Author of All Time

Myshkin

"From where do you come barbarian, and by what are you called?" Gasped the complying wench, as Grignr smothered her lips with the blazing touch of his flaming mouth.

The engrossed titan ignored the queries of the inquisitive female, pulling her towards him and crushing her sagging nipples to his yearning chest. Without struggle she gave in, winding her soft arms around the harshly bronzedhide of Grignr corded shoulder blades, as his calloused hands caressed her firm protruding busts.

"You make love well wench," Admitted Grignr as he reached for the vessel of potent wine his charge had been quaffing.

A flying foot caught the mug Grignr had taken hold of, sending its blood red contents sloshing over a flickering crescent; leashing tongues of bright orange flame to the foot trodden floor.

Damn flying feet, just when you're about to enjoy a beer and a wench. A couple things I like:

I like that she has firm, protruding breasts but saggy nipples.

I also like that the floor requires a descriptor. I was just wondering about how used it was.

I also like that the floor requires a descriptor. I was just wondering about how used it was.

As opposed to the "head bashed floor," one would suppose. It IS a barbarian fantasy story, after all.

The Space Ark! excerpt gave me a headache and I couldn't get past the first few sentences. The "reviews" are just as bad, except they don't contain as many exclamation points. "We sold a bunch of autographed copies at the Ear Nose Throat Scrote Thing Clinic and believe you may have the next Left Behind." Jesus wept.

Who was that guy who claimed to be the youngest published science fiction author (although Asimov thrashed him in this as with all else)? The cover of his first book looked like a badly-drawn dragon with a sword, and he claimed to be bringing string theory to the masses, or some such. Not that I've actually read his work, but I thought this guy deserved a mention.

Was that Kenneth Eng, the crazy Asian supremacist responsible for Dragons: Lexicon Triumvirate? http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Triumvirate-...1761&sr=8-1

"From where do you come barbarian, and by what are you called?" Gasped the complying wench, as Grignr smothered her lips with the blazing touch of his flaming mouth.

The engrossed titan ignored the queries of the inquisitive female, pulling her towards him and crushing her sagging nipples to his yearning chest. Without struggle she gave in, winding her soft arms around the harshly bronzedhide of Grignr corded shoulder blades, as his calloused hands caressed her firm protruding busts.

"You make love well wench," Admitted Grignr as he reached for the vessel of potent wine his charge had been quaffing.

A flying foot caught the mug Grignr had taken hold of, sending its blood red contents sloshing over a flickering crescent; leashing tongues of bright orange flame to the foot trodden floor.

Holy mother of all that is good and nice that is bad.

Was that Kenneth Eng, the crazy Asian supremacist responsible for Dragons: Lexicon Triumvirate? http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Triumvirate-...1761&sr=8-1

Eng's book had the best review I've ever read online. Note: this is a 5 star review.

Kenneth Eng is an author for our times, and "Dragons: Lexicon Triumverate" is a novel for our times. Concerned with heady concepts like the nature of reality, logical evolution, and how dragons are totally wicked sweet, Eng's book is a tour-de-force of barely-constrained fetishism, and an observant reader can imagine precisely when Eng's hands left the keyboard to begin frenetically masturbating over his own furious fantasies of being a mighty scaled warlord and totally slaughtering tons of humans. Basically what you wind up with is a fantasy novel as penned by your average MySpace user; disjointed, full of ridiculous concepts and pseudo-intellectual rhetoric, all wrapped up in a tight bundle of self-righteousness and topped off with a delicious cherry of incoherence.

I've seen heavy metal album covers that had more substance.

his early xmen was and still is seminal work as well as the best that the xmen has ever been. other than that, i agree that he is pretty bad.

Once you try to read any of his"books" it will ruin obliterate any fond memories that you have for his time with X-men.

I wish I could share with you all the worst writer ever, but I unwisely returned my ex's manuscripts. :bang:

:rofl:

edit: typo

Terry Goodkind is an author for our times, and SoT is a novel for our times. Concerned with heady concepts like the nature of moral clarity, logical convolutions of representational designs involving lethality, and how chickens are not chicken but evil encarnate and goats are noble, Goodkind's book is a tour-de-force of barely-constrained fetishism, and an observant reader can imagine precisely when Goodkind's hands left the keyboard to begin frenetically masturbating over his own furious fantasies of being a mighty jaw-kicking, spine-ripping, travelling pants-wearing warlord and totally slaughtering tons of humans. Basically what you wind up with is a fantasy novel as penned by your average Objectivist user; disjointed, full of ridiculous concepts and pseudo-intellectual rhetoric, all wrapped up in a tight bundle of self-righteousness and topped off with a delicious cherry of incoherence.

I've seen heavy metal album covers that had more substance.

There. Fixed.

If she wrote more frequently, or had a larger following, we'd give Auel the same kind of treatment that we've given TG. That being said, I'm not ashamed to admit that I own all 6 of her books. They're right next to the Goodkinds'. :P

Jean Auel needs to be mentioned.

Absolutely. See "worst book" thread for more details. While Clan of the Cave Bear was actually a really good book, the rest of the series just degenerates into prOn. Frankly, that's why I liked it when I was 13 ( "He licked her tangy salt" :drool: ) but as an adult, Auel totally sucks ass.

Absolutely. See "worst book" thread for more details. While Clan of the Cave Bear was actually a really good book, the rest of the series just degenerates into prOn. Frankly, that's why I liked it when I was 13 ( "He licked her tangy salt" :drool: ) but as an adult, Auel totally sucks ass.

Now now, AG. I don't think that's a sexual position/thrill that Ayla actually invented...at least not through the first 6 books... :P

Now now, AG. I don't think that's a sexual position/thrill that Ayla actually invented...at least not through the first 6 books... :P

Good point. While we can credit Ayla for many contributions to modern humanity, I guess we can credit dear, hot 6'6" blonde Jondalar for inventing a few things!

Archived