Roberts Newcomb and Stanek

Myshkin

These are the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  4. requires excessive admiration
  5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  8. is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
  9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

I am not a doctor, but sometimes you don't have to be one to make an educated guess. At the very least, numbers 1,2,5,6 and 8 all seem to fit Stanek pretty well.

David Langford did an SFX column a couple of months ago on an impenetrably obscure internet kerfuffle with the names changed to protect the terminally incompetent. Fascinating.

That was quite a nice little read.

As to the other link...the one blaming ASOIAF fans? I object to being called "enormous fans ". He doesn't know me. How dare he call me fat? I'm simply retaining a little more weight in sympathy for my pregnant wife! :P

I'm impressed with his time travel abilities, considering he posted that in December 2009.

Maybe it is a new self-promotion strategy from Stanek? He starts off slightly in the future then in a couple of weeks he'll blog dated December 2020 saying how proud he is to have won that year's Nobel Prize for Literature.

So is he blaming this forum now for saying he's a fraud?..

Awesome guys. Im so proud of you biggrin.gif hahaha.

Yes, I suspect that his blog post might be a bit counterproductive, since saying how much people exposing his dubious marketing practices has reduced his sales figures is only likely to encourage people to keep exposing his latest scam.

I am starting to feel slightly sorry for Robert Newcomb for having to share the thread title with Stanek, Newcomb may be an awful author but at least he doesn't conduct elaborate fake marketing campaigns.

I am starting to feel slightly sorry for Robert Newcomb for having to share the thread title with Stanek, Newcomb may be an awful author but at least he doesn't conduct elaborate fake marketing campaigns.

I know, it hardly seems fair anymore. Mr. Newcomb if you're reading, I apologize for putting you in this thread with Stanek. I may not like your books, I may find your writing atrocious, I may find your concepts borderline offensive, but I should have known from the beginning that you did not merit being compared to Robert Stanek. I'm sorry.

OH shit I just saw that interview Eng did with that anti muslim asshat on Fox News, woah Eng makes Tairy Goodkind look sane. His book is about Cybernetic dragons who evolved to be cybernetic :lol:

BTW does anyone know what the hell is he talking about with Shaq and Sofia Copella?

Also seems to have an extreme narcisistic.

Yes after having been able to look him up.. I saw that fox news thing on youtube.. ' well first I wanna talk about these cyborg dragons in the middle ages ' .. uhh.. wut

oooohkayy..

:rofl:

Holy crap.

That is one unhinged bastard.

I never knew about this Eng guy, but he sure has a hard on for Dragons. That Fox interview is something else.

I'd almost be interested to read his book, or have someone on the board do it so we can laugh. But then, he's that crazy that i think he would find us and send his Dragons after us.

I never knew about this Eng guy, but he sure has a hard on for Dragons. That Fox interview is something else.

I'd almost be interested to read his book, or have someone on the board do it so we can laugh. But then, he's that crazy that i think he would find us and send his Dragons after us.

probably something deeply Freudian about his fixation with dragons..

Archived