NFL III

Xray the Enforcer

But glad you are not over the "cheating" when everyone else is. Including the NFL.

I've 'moved on' to the EXACT same extent Patriot fandom has acknowledged that they were NOT the victims in that case.

It was a cheap shot. Wilfork was falling near a QB and saw the chance to extend his elbow with some deniability - and it appears that the New England faithful are perfectly willing to deny, deny, deny on behalf of their team rather than admit that their guy took a punk shot and knocked an opposing QB out of not only that game, but several more to come.

It is a little odd that QBs against the Pats seem to get injured more, isn't it? Then again, they tend to hit the QBs more in general, which is a more plausible excuse than them being all dirty.

Harrison's still a douchebag though.

Stego, as to Urlacher/Briggs - of course Briggs makes Urlacher better. It's a team sport! That's like saying that Brady sucks because with Moss he's great, but take Moss out and he doesn't do nearly that well on a consistent basis. Urlacher's not known for his sacking prowess anyway; he's known for hard hits and getting to the ball carrier. (and now, being juked by Tom Brady). That doesn't make him a bad player, that makes him a role player on that defense.

Please don't mistake me, Brian Urlacher is a great LB. He is.

I just don't believe personally that he is in the class of Briggs. That's not to detract from him. I will admit that I like to tweak Bears fans, is all.

It is a little odd that QBs against the Pats seem to get injured more, isn't it? Then again, they tend to hit the QBs more in general, which is a more plausible excuse than them being all dirty.

Them grapes is sour, mate. Time to make more whine.

Pasted and noted just in case Brady goes down for significant time after HE gets hit with a cheap/late hit.

BTW - there is apparently a huge DEA bust underway wherein hundreds of thousands of Americans who received illegal steroid shipments will be traceable. I can't imagine that there aren't going to be more than a few professional athletes on those lists. Expect all sorts of fun on this one.

What do they have to lose by putting in Griese or Orton? Almost nothing.

And until the other problems are fixed, I can't see them gaining all that much either. Other than a different talking point for Sunday.

Now I'm not saying it isn't time to try the next guy (I actually favor giving the ball to Orton, though whoever it is I'd like to see get some snaps before the Green Bay game), but unless Lovie comes out in his press conference today and makes the change, the issue's moot until at least half time next Sunday so let's try to find some stick-um or something for Berrian's hands and get the coaches on a gameplan that they can agree on and move forward.

Sorry, I didn't realize that the guy who has had more fines than anyone currently active for excessive hits and who took HGH before the second superbowl he was in was such a sacred cow for you. He must be a great guy! He adopts puppies and sponsors a "jacked up!" showcase at the old folks home!

You've got your douchestastic players, I've got mine.

I actually favor giving the ball to Orton, though whoever it is I'd like to see get some snaps before the Green Bay game
Orton is the one QB in the league that can make Rex look good by comparison.

I loved Harrison when he played for San Diego and I was stationed there as a young man and only the Chargers were on TV every week. I was ecstatic when he came to the Pats. I love him as a player, and despite watching him since he was a rookie, I've never seen him intentionally try to injure someone. Not once. I challenge you to show me a video of this. Just one.

I am, and have gone on record as saying that I was very disappointed in him for the HGH.

The Wilfork hit on Losman looked questionable, but he had an offensive lineman's arms around his legs and he put his arm out to break his fall according to him. Based upon his history and video evidence that an offensive linemen *DID* have his legs wrapped so he could not break nor swerve nor catch himself, I am willing to take his word on it. I can also understand if others do not. As I said, it looks questionable.

He must be a great guy! He adopts puppies and sponsors a "jacked up!" showcase at the old folks home!

He is a born again Christian, and from off field reports is supposed to be a very nice guy.

And IIRC, he got voted Dirtiest Player in the league in a year he only played 2 or so games.

As for the Losman hit, it looked like he got blocked, and was falling, so he threw out his forearm to brace his fall. What should he have done, simply let his head crash directly into the ground? Besides, when you play in the O or D line, you dont always ahve the greatest sense of where everything is around you.

But hey, its the Patriots, so of course you will assume the worst. Its become standard operating procedure around here for more then a few of you - Again.

But hey, its the Patriots, so of course you most of their fans will assume argue til blue that it couldn't possibly be the worst. Its become standard operating procedure around here for more then a few of you - Again.

Fixed.

BTW - if more Pats fans reacted to this as Stego just posted, they'd be a lot less unpopular with the rest of us.

Stego, how on earth would I get a video that would show someone's intentions? I guess I wouldn't tackle a qb like this (not wrapping up, going high and not going for the ball in any way) but it doesn't show his intentions.

And IIRC, he got voted Dirtiest Player in the league in a year he only played 2 or so games.
And two years before that. This was a vote by NFL players, not by fans, so they might, just might, have some insider knowledge. Maybe.

BTW - if more Pats fans reacted to this as Stego just posted, they'd be a lot less unpopular with the rest of us.

Oh thats a load of BS and you know it. I dont think a single Patriots fan here defended Rodney's use of HGH, and the worst you can say is that some of us attempted to put it into perspective.

But why dont you just go with whatever the excuse of the day is.

I dont think a single Patriots fan here defended Rodney's use of HGH, and the worst you can say is that some of us attempted to put it into perspective.
I thought Harrison was something of a douche before the HGH, but the HGH absolutely confirmed it.

But why dont you just go with whatever the excuse of the day is.
Excuse for what, exactly? Who's making excuses? Look, your team is 3-0 and the worst scoring differential so far was 24 points. Your team is the toast of the NFL. At the same time, you've got a coach who is mercenary at best and who admits to cheating along with a player who was voted the dirtiest player in the NFL twice and who takes drugs for performance reasons. All of these things aren't people grousing because they hate your team, they're just facts. Harrison's being a dirty player is relevant when talking about other players on the Pats possibly being dirty players (for the record, I don't think this is the case and I do think Losman's injury was an accident).

I've 'moved on' to the EXACT same extent Patriot fandom has acknowledged that they were NOT the victims in that case.

The Pats were NOT the victims in any way of the NFL- we did the crime, we do the time. The vast majority of Pats fans see this clearly. Where we disagree was the media’s almost pathological delight in trying to spread the attack as far and as wide as possible, only backing down when reason and the facts stopped them (last week when the NFL said “nothing more to see hereâ€). It was unruly. Peter King, Tom Jacskon, Frank Deford, ESPN.com, NFL Gameday, etc. It was embarrasing the lengths they went to to try to tear down the Pats. Some of the allegations were sour grapes + extreme separation from reality. And everyone was running with it in the “Who Can Be More Outraged†Contest. In the end, we stole signals from the Jets on video tape. Whoopy freakin’ do!

I said the same exact thing two seasons ago when the Steelers were accused of being a dirty team when von Olhoeffen rolled into Carson Palmer and said “Wow, second time we’ve seen that with the Steelers†(first time being, ironically, against the Pats and Tom Brady in 2001). The more physical the team, the more likely they will get to the QB. I didn't think it was a cheap-shot on Brady then, btw. And frankly I think Lossman could have come back in, but what would have been the point?

I won’t go that far. But, alas, he cheated,a nd I am very disapointed there. He had HGH at the same time as the 2003 Playoffs. That REALLY DOES tarnish that year for me (however, I think it had little impact on the actual playoffs). In fact, one of my most ENDEARING memories of Rodney was right after the AFC Championship game against the Colts, Belichick all but TACKLING Rodney Harrison in the middle of an interview (Harrison like a deer-in-headlight wondering what his head-coach was doing) with Belichick just saying over-and-over again, “Rodney Harrison, boy, am I glad we got you! Am I happy we got you, man! Wow, couldn’t have done it without you! Boy am I glad we got you!†The whole time Rodney staring at Bill muttering, “Thank you coach… ah, thanks coach†All the while, Rodney was on HGH.

Maybe the word fits. I hope not.

And thanks Kal for posting that clip of Harrison smoking Young. Awesome. IIRC, that was right after a very questionable hit on Brady and Harrison was retuning the favor. That really was great. I forgot why I love Rodney- he makes the other team pays. Love that.

Kal,

Thanks for linking that. I hadn't seen it in days.

That was a clean hit, according to NFL rules. He didn't go for the head or the legs. He hit the guy in the shoulder, and caused no harm whatsoever. And because it looks violent, you think it's dirty?

You can't find video of him trying to injure someone because it doesn't exist. Granted, he plays rough as hell, and certainly tries to inflict pain. But not dirty. He was voted that way on reputation.

You want dirty? Look no farther than the past 12 years of Broncos offensive linemen.

Archived