Another Con in the Southeast

He did say that he's been two days away from finishing the Dunk & Egg story for months though. Sounded like he might have been having trouble finishing up just one or two specific things even though the rest of the story is all but written.

Actually, I thought it was a pretty significant secondary character. The death was also immensely satisfying! I was actually surprised that he revealed it at a reading.

I just read the spoiler. Wow, it isn't any small extra who dies at all. The death is VERY satisfying indeed - I'm happy to read a discussion of the chapter if you guys are going to start a thread on it. Maybe you already have; I'll go check the ADWD subforum now.

Interestingly, I just found a livejournal post that put attendence at this con at 400. That's the largest group they've ever had.

I would hope they had a large group, even if they didn't advertise.

Incidentally, that Women in Wild Cards thread I told you guys about has actually picked up and gotten interesting, now that some other women started posting! So I'm glad I did it!

LJBG,

Incidentally, that Women in Wild Cards thread I told you guys about has actually picked up and gotten interesting, now that some other women started posting! So I'm glad I did it!

If you don't mind please post a link to that thread. It would be interesting to read what you were telling us about.

ETA: Do you plan to post a link to your photos?

LJBG,

If you don't mind please post a link to that thread. It would be interesting to read what you were telling us about.

ETA: Do you plan to post a link to your photos?

The thread is here.

And eventually I'll get around to posting my photos, although in the end i only took a few. We really need to get Jagged's friend Chris to post his. He was clicking away the whole con.

I found Chris's (Jagged's friend) Flickr sight with photos from the con. I take no responsiblity for his editorial comments (or my lovely jowly face I look much slimmer in person :blush: (really I do (really))):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24721141@N03/...57604320718568/

Sweet.

Beware, there is a spoiler in the comments, so if you don't want to be spoiled, just set it on slide show.

LJBG, what was the title of the anthology you bought with the war stories? I was looking for it on Amazon and couldn't find it.

The volume is called The Best Military Science Fiction of the 20th Century and the story is 'Night of the Vampyres.' Just so you know, when I asked GRRM to sign it, he cringed and told me that it was one of those stories where the editor gives you the subject and you write on that. He made it very clear that he was not especially happy with it. I haven't read it yet, so I can't say if he is right or not :)

I found Chris's (Jagged's friend) Flickr sight with photos from the con. I take no responsiblity for his editorial comments (or my lovely jowly face I look much slimmer in person :blush: (really I do (really))):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24721141@N03/...57604320718568/

Way to take the wind from my sails before I pulled into port.

Cursed policy of screening users!

/shakes fist

Nice to meet everyone.

Stick,

It was nice meeting you as well. I had no idea UFC was so involved. As for my prior post, well, blame the effiency of Google. All I had to do was search Technicon 25 photos and you are the second or third hit.

:)

I find it interesting that the picture of Ursula Vernon has 100 more views than all my other pictures.

Archived