GOODKIND XXX: The Mad Moose Tackles Tairy

Myshkin

Please, please, someone! Don't leave me as the world's only yearded lemming!

Unfortunately, my hair is not long enough for a ponytail, nor will my beard grow fast enough to become a suitable yeard in time for the release date, and I don't know any shops wherein I can purchase a false yeard.

So, Goodkind keeps dreaming up bizarre and improbable scenarios in order to get our plucky, young, heroine to the verge of rape, and we accept this because we know he's a little perverted and we love him for it all the same, but why then does she always get a sudden and equally improbably last minute out? It was Kahlan herself who gave me a clue at the answer. She was thinking, during this last scene, that Jegang thought it was the victim who should be ashamed of rape, and it suddenly occurred to me that, no, it was Goodkind who believes that the victim should be ashamed of rape. I think he believes that if Kahlan ever were really raped, then that would destroy her as a good and righteous character. It would be almost like killing her off, for him.

I think your dead on. As Tairys fantasy double, It wouldn't do for Richard to have a "spoiled" woman as a wife. It goes right along with the chauvinistic outlook that prevails in all his books.

A 'source' closely related to Goodkind (whose username may very well start in M and end in R) recently made the thrilling revelation that according to his sources at Tor Books, who neither publish A Song of Ice and Fire nor have anything to do with it, that the ASoIaF 'movie' series deal with HBO has fallen apart.

A source closely related to GRRM replied along the lines that this was, erm, 'wrong' (putting it mildly).

Full story here.

:stunned:

Wheee, new Tairy book!! :D

Isn't that suposed to be the last one of Sword of Truth? What is he going to do afterwards? Join the Landover Baptist Church? Or start his own one? :stunned:

Or maybe maybe....there will be an epilogue saying: right guys, it was all a joke. Richard's a bastard, really. My next book is going to be about fluffy lambs.

Amusing. Sad, as well, when some feel like they have to distort and lie like that in order to make their name more visible. But then again, considering the person involved and his favorite author, not too surprising.

That being said, I wonder if that's just another way to deflect attention from a possible delay/possible cancellation of the proposed Goodkind mini-series...

Well, the Goodkind mini-series is now dead in the water, as is every single TV series in Hollywood. Sam Raimi was supposed to be discussing plans for the TV series with Goodkind in January (IIRC) but he can't actually do anything until the Writer's Strike is over, which could take until after June according to some sources.

The ASoIaF series is a bit more fortunate in that it has an episode breakdown for the full season and a complete pilot script, meaning that it can actually be greenlit at some point in the near future. However, work can't actually start until the strike is over, so HBO will likely keep the project on ice until then. It should also be pointed out that no production company will willingly 'drop' an option before it expires, just in case they wish to exercise it, and ASoIaF's option has quite a long way to run yet.

I'm sorry to say I can't get drunk when reading (or listening to the even worse audio versions...) Tairy's books :( It might help, but I can't because the meds won't mix with it...maybe I should try to get high enough on certain other substances to be able to actually bear with Tairy past book 5...I haven't succeeded yet, but maybe I'll be stricken with absolute boredom again at some point. Until then I shall lurk at these threads, because that's everything I need to know, right?

So have fun getting drunk, very drunk, Myshkin and WM :D

Wow, that absolutely reeks of something bad happening with the SoT mini-series deal and him lashing out in resentment. Knowing how he feels about aSoIaF and SoT, can you even imaging how pissed off he'd be if GoT went ahead and WFR got shelved?

I can't help it, this is amusing me way too much. :D

Wert's post reminded me of something I read recently, I'm not going to say who said it, but can anyone shed light on whether there is an ounce of truth to this:

Martin, as I've said many times is a good man, he considers Goodkind equally a good person. Don't bereave me? Ask him...Martin has only ever had nice things to say about Goodkind as a person. Actually from a very reliable source with in the publishing world, Martin has not ever commented negatively at or toward Goodkind.

Now I wouldn't expect GRRM to comment negatively about another author, nor would I claim to know his mind on this subject. But was there an interview that I missed where GRRM discussed what a swell guy tairy is? I would hate to think that the person who said this had just pulled it right out of his ass.

Martin has not ever commented negatively at or toward Goodkind

This part is, I believe, technically true, but only because AFAIK George has never commented on Tairy at all (at least publicly). He has made a few jokes at Robert Jordan's expense, but that was at a con where they were both on the same panel, and RJ responded in kind. I recall him saying that he doesn't like to say bad things about other authors (he does make jokes about some, but only those who he's friends with).

Please. None of us believe it will be the actual end. Why should you? Fear not, X-Ray! :P

The only thing we have to fear, is that it may never end. No doubt tairy will feel the need to out-do himself with his ebil characters, and in the next crappy series he dumps on the public will contain something worse than the pages upon pages of descriptions of gang-rape, not to mention the speaches. They will probably be twice as long, and at least ten times as stupid. I don't think I can handle another tairy series, man. I just can't.

I don't doubt that that part is true. It would surprise me if GRRM shared our taste for pissing on tairy. But my searches have so far revealed no direct comments by George regarding tairy.

If you look on his website in the reader's pics section, when one reader points out a licence plate that says GRRMFAN, GRRM replies that he hopes they don't get stopped by cops who are Goodkind fans. I think that's his acknowledging of the fan 'rivalry' though, rather than saying anything specific about GK.

If you look on his website in the reader's pics section, when one reader points out a licence plate that says GRRMFAN, GRRM replies that he hopes they don't get stopped by cops who are Goodkind fans. I think that's his acknowledging of the fan 'rivalry' though, rather than saying anything specific about GK.

I remember that, and thought the same thing. It didn't come across that he was mocking tairy, or he would have said "I hope he doesn't get stopped by a cop who is a Goodkind fan, cuz Terry and his fans are douchebags." One of the only results from my search was a bit about Terry's "Webmaster" (whoever that might be ;)) asking that we (GRRM fans) go easy on Terry, saying "if you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything at all". But this was regarding (I assume) our antics here on Ran's board, not anything GRRM said. George's response was "What am I, Thumper?" Otherwise, there is nothing.

Archived