Lost season 4.1.b.2

Arataniello

• 3 weeks later...

That's the old version of the map. The guy who did it created a new version (with a few comments by, erm, me) which put the location of Othersville (the Others' base town as seen in the Season 3 premiere) on there as well. It kicked off a big discussion on the Fuselage forum which included the revelation from Lost's script supervisor, Gregg Nations, that the producers created a map of the Island back at the start of Season 1 which they've updated and used consistently ever since.

Anyway, two weeks I believe until Season 4 starts. I'm torn between excitement (the last three or four episodes of Lost Season 3 were as good as the show's ever been) and trepidation. Season 4 apparently kicks ass. Some of the actors were talking about the endings of episodes 4, 7 and 8 being the most shocking things they've ever done, and ep 3 isn't far off either. However, it's all a bit frustrating since the season is only going to be eight episodes long.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm excited for the next season, even though it's going to be really short.

I just watched the last season on DVD (was working swing when 3 aired and no DVR). The last two episodes ruled heaven and earth. I'm guessing it's Michael in the casket and his appearances this season are flashbacks/flashforwards/whatever.

Is there any info on what exactly they'll be doing? I read something on the old thread that the island is just part of the story. I think it would be very cool if "Lost" refers to the characters themselves. But I also read that much of the filiming takes place on Hawaii so I guess not.

Can I just say I am really sick of the flashbacks? I would list the characters I don't give a damn about wrt their flashbacks but I checked and it's everyone. Really, they ran out of necessary stuff there; I just cringe whenever I hear the whooshing sound that indicates we're going to flashback. Really, my only gripe with the show now. Oh, except I agree with those that say Charlie didn't have to die, though I like Desmond saying he will die and him actually dying. No cop-outs by the writers.

I completely forgot about the show, until I saw an ad for it the other day. Now I can't wait.

I'm torn though. It's on the same time as Earl and the Office, which are among the very few TV shows I even watch anymore. Time to dust off the ol' VCR.

Via Iseult, preview clips, totalling about 5 or 6 minutes of the first episode.

I love how Hurley is taking on a leadership role. I saw the beginnings of this last season. Hurley was wrong wrt Sawyer. With all the leaders gone, it wasn't Sawyer that had to step up. Hurley already had.

God, I hope Locke just gets whacked. Kill him, Jack. Please.

ETA: If this is the way, they're gonna do the show, then the flash forwards are a bad idea, imo. We now know that some of the survivors eventually do get off the Island. Everyone we see in a flashforward loses all suspense in terms of them surviving. My preference would be for them to just stick with the "present" and not have any "flash" of any kind. Man, did they suck towards the end.

Leg? Naomi had a knife through her back that killed her. Thrown by that wannabe Zen Master, meddling, SOB Locke.

Right thanks.

SPOILER: Naomi

Call me nuts, but didn't her fingers move at the end of one of those previews?

I completely forgot about the show, until I saw an ad for it the other day. Now I can't wait.

I'm torn though. It's on the same time as Earl and the Office, which are among the very few TV shows I even watch anymore. Time to dust off the ol' VCR.

First...we aren't getting any new episodes of "The Office" for a good long while, so no worries there. I'm not an Earl watcher, so I don't know about that.

Second...VCR? Join us in the DVR age!

Well, I'm excited for the next season, even though it's going to be really short.

Is there any info on what exactly they'll be doing? I read something on the old thread that the island is just part of the story. I think it would be very cool if "Lost" refers to the characters themselves. But I also read that much of the filiming takes place on Hawaii so I guess not.

There'll be flash-forwards and flashbacks, but the FBs will be much rarer and only used to fill in known gaps in the timeline (Desmond's time in the army, for example). FFs will be the new big thing for Season 4. From the writers' comments it sounds like the FFs may only have been intended for use in Season 4. Whether that means at the end of Season 4 they get off the island, but in the FFs we then see them coming back to the Island, and then Seasons 5-6 take place in the present ith no FFs or FBs at all, I'm not sure.

SPOILER: Naomi

Call me nuts, but didn't her fingers move at the end of one of those previews?

Major spoilerage:

SPOILER: Lost
In one of the trailers you see Naomi up and running around, holding a knife to Kate's throat. Guess the Island's regenerative powers kicked in quite quickly for her.

Archived