BwB London

Peregrinus

I've never done one of these before by the way, so I was wondering how does it go? It alright to bring my copies of The Blade Itself & Before They Are Hanged to thrust before Joe along with Last Argument Of Kings, speaking of which, should I buy it in borders before I get on the bus or will it be readily available? ETC. < More general questions that make me appear a moron go here :thumbsup: >

-Poobs

Joe has said he will sign anything, so yep, bring ANYTHING you want him to sign. I think it's up to you where you get your copy of LAOK from but it will be readily available at the signing. :)

So, who's going to be at the con on Friday and who isn't? I'll be around for most of the Friday (my flight isn't until 9pm from Luton, so I probably don't need to head out of London until 5-6pm at the latest) and was wondering what people fancied doing.

I have got the family option of popping up to Bedford (a stop or two past Luton) and seeing my aunt and uncle for the day, but to be honest I'd rather hang with some Bros ;)

What sorta size / sort is the book going to be? I mean to say that my copy of The Blade Itself is small and kinda paperbackish, my copy of Before They Are Hanged is larger and with a similar sort of paperback cover. Will Last Argument of Kings be larger still? :P Really hardback or similar to the others?

Alittle irrelevent I know, but I'm getting all filled with anticipation now y'know ;)

-Poobs

Hmm. Con or second day in pub? Con or second day in pub? Tricky.

Sean, do you and herself have plans for the Friday? Maybe we could put together a second assault on London's fine drinking establishments?

Usually in the UK, the (larger) trade paperback is released at the same time as the hard cover, while the (smaller) mass market paperback is released some time later.

Do both count as 'true' first editions or just the hardback? Sorry for all the questions mates,

-Poobs

Do both count as 'true' first editions or just the hardback? Sorry for all the questions mates,

As far as I know, usually book collectors are only really interested in the hardback, although arguably they probably are both first editions if they're published on the same day.

Before They Are Hanged was definitely released in both hardback (which I have) and large paperback, I think both at the same time.

Ah, well it doesn't really matter to me paticularily, but maybe I'll buy the hardback for signing and the nice large paperback for actual reading + those paperback covers have real character to them - the The Blade Itself one especially :)

-Poobs

Archived