Lost Season 4 Part Deux

Werthead

Eh, he hasn't seen Alpert since he was like 7 or something, and that was only for like 5 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised he doesn't remember him. And none of the young Lockes thought they were special. He failed the first test, and then didn't want to go to that camp, because he wanted to be "normal".

And about Clair, he saw her, went "WTF?" and then Christopher said "Hey, focus, there's only 1 important question here." He didn't really have a ton of time.

Also, I'm thinking this heavily implies Claire == Dead. She died and the Island or whatever took her body and wandered off with it.

And as for the orderly...isn't he a Widmore guy?

He was when we saw him hiring Naomi. Who knows what he was four years(?) earlier? That scene at the stairwell was just creepy. Have we seen Locke take a stumble down the stairs before? Or is it from Stephen King's Misery?

Lots of other questions of course...from what's going on on the boat (what exactly was that strapped to the big guys arm?)

Some sort of dead man's switch would be my guess. If he dies, the boat goes down, probably. Keamy's true nature coming through was pretty cool.

For some reason Claire and Aaron need to be kept apart, which is why she seemed so cool chilling in the cabin. That's been a major sub theme the entire show.

Very, very cool idea Wert. Someone should forward that to the producers.

I think Locke, Ben and Hurley are going to nuke the entire Island, literally or figuratively. That will be what drives Hurley off the edge.

I think the Island is going to get moved in time, as well as space.

ETA: Horace was odd as well. What was up with the bloody nose? Was Smoky creating a mental loop for lock to watch?

ETA: Horace was odd as well. What was up with the bloody nose? Was Smoky creating a mental loop for lock to watch?

Some dreams have patterns like that, and there are several accounts of ghosts that mindlessly repeat the same action.

Might post more when the next thread starts. Good ep.

For some reason Claire and Aaron need to be kept apart, which is why she seemed so cool chilling in the cabin. That's been a major sub theme the entire show.

Huh? Wasn't the major theme that they needed to stay together? Since back in like the 1st season?

He was when we saw him hiring Naomi. Who knows what he was four years(?) earlier?

Well, he was a lieutenant in the Baltimore City Police Department, then a major, then a colonel...

I agree with what you said about the stair scene. That was very well done, actually - I thought for sure Locke was taking a tumble there.

The show goes for reveals that don't make any sense to me sometimes. The way that they revealed Christian was just silly, because it was plain that it was him after just hearing his voice. The same with the orderly/Widmore guy (I forget his name on this show, I keep on wanting to call him Lt. Daniels). Why make such a big point of panning to their face when you can tell it's them from the voice? I suppose not everyone picks up on that.

So, it looks like the person who has been sitting in the cabin was Christian all along. I remember there was wild speculation based on a couple of still shots that it might have been him who was there in the cabin on previous trips there. Move the island? This should be good!

Given how heavy Keamy's team was loading up, I was half expecting the package that was dropped out of the helicopter to actually be a bomb. Would have been a hell of a way to up the body count.

"What's that?" "Send some extras to check it out!" *BLAM*

So, it looks like the person who has been sitting in the cabin was Christian all along. I remember there was wild speculation based on a couple of still shots that it might have been him who was there in the cabin on previous trips there. Move the island? This should be good!

Hey, no one has said that there wasn't a Jacob in there at some point. Even Ben thinks Locke talked to Jacob.

Knife, compass, some dirt, fantasy/sci-fi comic book, book of law all under the heading of "What items are yours?" So I guess Johnny was suppose to pick up the knife only to get to the comic book under it but as he isn't a scientist, I guess Richard's intent was to make Locke a speculative creationalist {Sci-fi writer or some kind of big concept thinker} while Abaddon wanted to push Locke towards Religious belief and miracles. "It's Island magic!" thinking.

Locke's been playing games for a long time {his first episode started with a geeky Wargame} and he beat a crooked chess computer {twice} in season 3. Is he some sort of genius or as Hurley said, crazy?

Knife, compass, some dirt, fantasy/sci-fi comic book, book of law all under the heading of "What items are yours?" So I guess Johnny was suppose to pick up the knife only to get to the comic book under it but as he isn't a scientist, I guess Richard's intent was to make Locke a speculative creationalist {Sci-fi writer or some kind of big concept thinker} while Abaddon wanted to push Locke towards Religious belief and miracles. "It's Island magic!" thinking.

The podcast mentioned that the search for the newly born Dalai Lama was an influence here. I have no idea which of the items Locke could have already owned. Everything but the mitt makes sense.

I don't mind the retconning at all. Locke was as unaware of these influences as the audience, and it makes some narrative sense to shift Locke from useless to Keanu.

Since when did US Police have the rank of Major and Colonel?

It could be a dead mans switch on Kemey, I got the impression it was something to deal with Old Smokey though, some sort of magnetic scrambler.

He was taking some serious firepowers, 2 kinds of one shot anti-tank weapons and a Stinger? WTF does he need a Stinger for.

So the Doctor's body washes up on the beach before he is killed and he is finally killed, yet the helicopter arrives days after the body, yet only lifted off minutes after it went into the Ocean. So the body obivously didn't take the correct bearing.

Also does the pilot really want Jack and Co to follow the helicopter with the psycho mercs in it?

Lost Sucks major balls.

Thank you for the well thought out and eloquent post about what you find about Lost that is distasteful and empty. It has gone a long way into changing my point of view on the subject.

Completely off the wall theory but is it possible that the smoke monster is actually Jacob himself? If Jacob supposedly lives in the cabin why wouldn't the producers just show us Jacob? Why show us Christian acting as a medium for him? That, and the producers have said that Jacob has been casted and he's someone we've seen but haven't heard. Technically the smoke monster has been casted by CGI and we've never actually heard it speak. Too crackpot I'm guessing?

And as for the orderly...isn't he a Widmore guy?

Completely off the wall theory but is it possible that the smoke monster is actually Jacob himself? If Jacob supposedly lives in the cabin why wouldn't the producers just show us Jacob? Why show us Christian acting as a medium for him? That, and the producers have said that Jacob has been casted and he's someone we've seen but haven't heard. Technically the smoke monster has been casted by CGI and we've never actually heard it speak. Too crackpot I'm guessing?

I'm under the impression that the "orderly" IS Jacob.

As to Claire? I don't know about her looking heavier in that scene, but she certainly had an ease and smarminess about her that seemed very out of character. Mrs. Jax is convinced that since she's in the cabin with a "dead" Christian Sheppard that she's dead too.

Huh? Wasn't the major theme that they needed to stay together? Since back in like the 1st season?

No. The theme has always been that Claire 'must not raise' Aaron, that there were foster-parents in LA waiting to do that. I'm guessing for some reason that destiny/fate/the Island thinks that it is vital that Aaron is not raised by his direct family (remember that Jack was also told he cannot raise Aaron).

Nope. It was Jacob himself sitting in the chair in The Man Behind the Curtain and who said, "Help me,". The guy playing him wasn't the guy playing Christian either (they actually used one of the ADs, IIRC). In the Season 4 opener Hurley saw Christian sitting in the chair in the cabin but then saw the real Jacob pop up in front of the window for a split second. So Jacob and Christian are not the same being, but they are clearly related. The favoured theory is that Christian is being 'motivated' by the Smoke Monster.

No. The theme has always been that Claire 'must not raise' Aaron, that there were foster-parents in LA waiting to do that. I'm guessing for some reason that destiny/fate/the Island thinks that it is vital that Aaron is not raised by his direct family (remember that Jack was also told he cannot raise Aaron).

Actually, the psychic explicitlly said that Claire must raise the baby herself and said that "you, your goodness, must be an influence on this child" (or some wishy washy crap like that). He then called her and said that he found a couple in LA that would be ok to raise him and was insistent that she leave on Flight 815 despite the fact that she wanted to wait a few days. This leads Claire, and the audience, to believe that the psychic knew that 815 would crash, thereby forcing Claire to raise the child. Of course, he also said that the couple in LA were "good people," which, in retrospect from seasons 2 and 3 could be an allusion to the Others. Of course, now we know that the Others aren't raising Aaron so any intentional or unintentional allusion to the Others is moot.

Actually, you're right. I'm getting confused about what Claire wanted (giving the baby away) versus what the psychic wanted, presumably at the behest of The Island.

Anyway, something I noticed no-one has mentioned: as a kid, Locke drew a picture of what happears to be the Smoke Monster.

Seriously, WTF?

Anyway, something I noticed no-one has mentioned: as a kid, Locke drew a picture of what happears to be the Smoke Monster.

Seriously, WTF?

About the "test" young Locke had at Richard's behest...Wasn't the knife the knife Locke has on the island now?

Also, the comic book cover talked about a "mysterious hidden land" or something like that...

And I'm fairly certain Claire is dead, which is why she let the baby go. Either that, or something else is going on.

Her not being dead might fit in with ghost-Charlie's warning that "Jack must not raise Aaron".

Archived