Lost Season 4 Part Deux

Werthead

Yeah that bit was hillarious.

"You Speak Korean"

"I can't understand a word your saying"

"Ok I'll go chop off Dan's fingers, did you understand that?"

"Yes"

Also mulling over the Episode I think Claire is dead or dying due to head trauma.

Yes.

SPOILER: Lost 411 Trailer
That's why he said, "I've been dead for twelve years." ;)

Hm. This places the purge in 1992, right? And Rousseau supposedly came to the island in '88. That means that DHARMA was in control of the island. This could perhaps support the Annie=Rousseau theory. Or they could just not be paying attention to what they're writing.

What about Rose's comment that people on the island don't get sick (you know, excluding pregnant women of course), they get better. Why would the person the Losties rely on most to help get them off the island suddenly get sick right when they're so close to possibly leaving...?

This likely means that Jack's sickness is significant.

I must admit the quality of Lost discussion is higher than on other forums I frequent. I

saw someone pondering if Jack and Claire could find out about their relationship. I mentioned it was quite possible that they could find out soon.

"But who on the Island knows that Jack and Claire's dad are one and the same?"

"Well, I think Jack and Claire's dad himself would probably be the most obvious person. I mean, it's not like he was in a scene or anything with Claire in the last episode, was it?" :stunned:

Granted, maybe it's smoke monster shenanigans, but IIRC Yemi (who definitely was the smoke monster) had access to his memories as well, so even if Christian is the monster, he still knows about the relationship.

Here, Wert, I'll drag down the quality of discussion:

Jack is annoying. His shower scenes are particularly annoying. I almost hoped he'd die in the appendectomy, but then I realized that an undead Jack can't die again, so that means we'd never be rid of him.

Bring back Locke's storyline. I want to see the shack. I care about pretty much everything more than the Sawyer-Kate-Jack-Juliette love quadrilateral, which is slightly less annoying than SALAD of BSG, but only marginally so.

Here, Wert, I'll drag down the quality of discussion:

Jack is annoying. His shower scenes are particularly annoying. I almost hoped he'd die in the appendectomy, but then I realized that an undead Jack can't die again, so that means we'd never be rid of him.

Bring back Locke's storyline. I want to see the shack. I care about pretty much everything more than the Sawyer-Kate-Jack-Juliette love quadrilateral, which is slightly less annoying than SALAD of BSG, but only marginally so.

Nice job. I don't think the quality of discussion can now drop any further :thumbsup:

Kat, you're such a romantic! :P

I want Juliette to die a very painful death and I want Kate to stop talking and get that pained look off her face. I want MORE Sawyer shower scenes and Locke to jump in the ocean, wrestle some sharks and lose.

I stand corrected :P

What's your problem with Juliette? She's less annoying then "can't make up her fucking mind" Kate.

I lke both of them for different reasons.

On another note do we know if Aaron is considered one of the "Oceanic Six"? And when Jack was yelling at Kate about "not even being related to Aaron" was he implying that he knew that he WAS related to Aaron?

On another note do we know if Aaron is considered one of the "Oceanic Six"? And when Jack was yelling at Kate about "not even being related to Aaron" was he implying that he knew that he WAS related to Aaron?
According to ABC promos, Aaron is number 6. According to all kind of logical and legal issues concerning/combining air travel and pregnancy, I would say "no". I really hope that a new number 6 will be introduced before the end of the season.

As for Jack's knowing that Aaron is his nephew, all signs point to "yes". I wonder if that information was contained in Ben's file on Claire. Or if Hurley gets the relevant information from Jacob. Or perhaps Miles talked to dear old and not to forget dead dad.

Or perhaps, the person that Jack isn't suppose to raise is his dead father. If you want to put a different spin on Hurley's message.

I lke both of them for different reasons.

That is how I took it. Saying "You're not ever related to him [Aaron]" would be quite a silly statement to make if Jack wasn't either.

That is how I took it. Saying "You're not ever related to him [Aaron]" would be quite a silly statement to make if Jack wasn't either.

sadly i have friends w/adopted kids. and they have had the male in the relationship lash out and be like "but you are not even related to him!" when mad that the girl is chosing the kid over them.

so i'm not sold by that statement that jack knows. and if jack did know, don't we think he is the kind of guy that would be raising him and not letting kate? sure they are together now but she had aaron before that.

Kat, you're such a romantic! :P

I want Juliette to die a very painful death and I want Kate to stop talking and get that pained look off her face. I want MORE Sawyer shower scenes and Locke to jump in the ocean, wrestle some sharks and lose.

I actually like Kate and Juliette and Sawyer, but I like them acting as independent characters more than when they're part of a romance. Yes, I'm unromantic. It just think it kills plots on otherwise perfectly good TV shows when main characters have each other as love interests. It's fine when they're already together or are with a secondary character--Sun and Jin, Desmond and Penny come to mind--it's just when the romantic drama becomes the focus of a plot that I stop caring. Like, Jack's downward spiral was more interesting before I found out it was related to Kate. I want to know what Kate is doing for Sawyer even though he's still on the island, but I care about that more for why she's doing something for someone on an island rather than the Jack-Kate-Sawyer triangle of yawn.

"You Speak Korean"

"I can't understand a word your saying"

"Ok I'll go chop off Dan's fingers, did you understand that?"

"Yes"

I actually thought the ginger lady set that whole thing up. She had a little smirk at the very end of the scene, which is what makes me think that she planned it out. To what purpose, I don't know.

And I guess I'm the only one that was happy when Jack and Kate got together. Bout time. Kate can be as emo and anguished as she wants, imo. Her hotness overcomes all that. And really, she's been that way this whole time, so I don't know why it bothers people now.

I actually like Kate and Juliette and Sawyer, but I like them acting as independent characters more than when they're part of a romance. Yes, I'm unromantic. It just think it kills plots on otherwise perfectly good TV shows when main characters have each other as love interests. It's fine when they're already together or are with a secondary character--Sun and Jin, Desmond and Penny come to mind--it's just when the romantic drama becomes the focus of a plot that I stop caring. Like, Jack's downward spiral was more interesting before I found out it was related to Kate. I want to know what Kate is doing for Sawyer even though he's still on the island, but I care about that more for why she's doing something for someone on an island rather than the Jack-Kate-Sawyer triangle of yawn.

I think Hurley had alot more to do with his downward spiral. Kate just pushed him down faster.

And I guess I'm the only one that was happy when Jack and Kate got together. Bout time.

I was too, until Jack assed it up.

I think Hurley had alot more to do with his downward spiral. Kate just pushed him down faster.

And Christian, and the coffin occupant. Likely suspects now are Michael, Sayid, Hurley, and Ben.

OMG, I completely agree. I don't think it makes you unromantic. You're probably just like me, which is sick of every single tv show (and movie, I might add) throwing this kind of crap in there just to appeal to a wider audience. Probably mostly to capture the female audience. Because we all know that we women won't watch a show or movie with our men without some kind of romantic angle to it. Great story be damned, just show me some people hooking up and being as dramatic as possible about it. :rolleyes:

And Christian, and the coffin occupant. Likely suspects now are Michael, Sayid, Hurley, and Ben.

According to many people the coffin looked very small which leads me to believe that it is Aaron. That would probably explain Jacks break down and his desire to get back to the island. However I'm not sure Lost is prepared to deal with that sort of theme.

According to many people the coffin looked very small which leads me to believe that it is Aaron. That would probably explain Jacks break down and his desire to get back to the island. However I'm not sure Lost is prepared to deal with that sort of theme.

I don't think it was that small, and that really doesn't fit with Kate's reaction to Jack's showing her the obituary ("Why would I care about him?" or something like that), and her parting words of "I have to get back, he'll be waiting for me." (or something along those lines, taken by me to mean Aaron was waiting for her).

Michael makes the most sense given all the circumstances, but that would mean he also makes it back to the mainland secretively (covered up by Widmore's group?), as he isn't generally considered one of the Oceanic 6.

Archived