Lost Season 4 Part Deux

Werthead

As it stands right now, I think that Season 4 has been the best season of the show.

Season 4 has also been the season where Jack has had the least to do, having apparently been busted down from 'hero' to just another member of an ensemble, and had the least number of flashes to date.

Coincidence?

As it stands right now, I think that Season 4 has been the best season of the show.

Season 4 has also been the season where Jack has had the least to do, having apparently been busted down from 'hero' to just another member of an ensemble, and had the least number of flashes to date.

Coincidence?

I think not! :pirate:

List of people more interesting than Jack

Locke

Ben

Hurley

Claire

dead Charlie

Sayid

Desmond

Penny

Penny's dad

Charlotte

Daniel Faraday

the ghostbuster guy

Michael

Sun

Jin

dead Alex, Rousseau, and Carl

Richard Alpert

Sawyer

Kate

Juliette

<everyone else on the cast>

Roger Workman's skeleton

Horace Goodspeed's skeleton

Paolo and Nikki

:P

I'm intrigued about the island moving. I think they're going to move it to the Arctic.

Edit: I also think Ben shot Locke last season because he sensed that Locke would be taking over his position, but Alex dying humbled him and realized he was no longer blessed by the island.

And I'm fairly certain Claire is dead, which is why she let the baby go. Either that, or something else is going on.

Her not being dead might fit in with ghost-Charlie's warning that "Jack must not raise Aaron".

Look at the effect Hurley's message had on Jack. He went from someone who appeared to be very happy off-island to a raging alcoholic in the space of weeks (or a week?). He's already on the path that will lead him to insist that they must return to the Island as we saw in Season 3's finale.

Having Aaron leave with the Oceanic 6 was the only sure fire way Christian/The Island/Claire could find to get Jack to return to the Island without having to explain anything (which they seem to avoid at all costs). It also fits his character, with his constant desire to fix things (when on the island he wants to get them rescued, prior to the crash he's a spinal surgeon who marries someone he 'fixes', when his wife leaves him she says, "now you have something to fix", he wants to watch his appendix operation to talk Juliet through it, and we know he eventually wants to return to the Island because they weren't meant to leave).

No one's mentioned the fact that Keemey and the mercenaries seem to have some sort of protection from the Monster, eh? I wonder if it's like a magnetic shield, or emitting some sort of hypersonic noise that works like a personal version of the barrier.

Thank you for the well thought out and eloquent post about what you find about Lost that is distasteful and empty. It has gone a long way into changing my point of view on the subject.

Its not my fault, it started out well, but now its crap.

The Test: Watching it, my thoughts were that Locke was supposed to pick the things that belonged to him in his PAST life...the compass, the vial, those things had been his on the Island. But the knife was something that Locke's overall personality compelled him to select as well.

Very similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender which is also loosely based on the Dalai Lama. The main character, Avatar Aang has a flashback to when he was selected as the Avatar and the monks told him as a child he had selected specific toys that had belonged to past Avatars.

Archived