How I Met Your Mother

Jaxom 1974

It's sort of like Californication, in that the character achieving his goal will mean the end of the show. I'm hoping it'll be the end of the next season, as well. Not sure if I'll stop watching if that proves to be the case.

Heck, no.

In "Californication" the character achieving his goal is only the beginning: It's like, you got exactly what you wanted, now let's see how you handle it.

"How I met your Mother", however, seems to be geared, for, well, Ted meeting the mother of his kids. Streching it beyond that, seems... unsound.

Thought this was another average episode. It showed HIMYM's penchant for inserting things into the past that were never seen in previous episodes (like the one with the crazy bartender).

Got to say, Robin's co-anchor was a serious douche. So hopefully if he spends much time on the show in the future they'll do a big turnaround with him.

Thought this was another average episode. It showed HIMYM's penchant for inserting things into the past that were never seen in previous episodes (like the one with the crazy bartender).

Got to say, Robin's co-anchor was a serious douche. So hopefully if he spends much time on the show in the future they'll do a big turnaround with him.

Well, I thought there were a handful of really good laughs, even if the basic premise was slightly clunky.

Robin's co-anchor is coming back though. That much Future Ted alluded to.

Well, I thought there were a handful of really good laughs, even if the basic premise was slightly clunky.

Robin's co-anchor is coming back though. That much Future Ted alluded to.

I know he did, but they can easily have Robin in a relationship with a guy and not show him very much.

• 4 weeks later...

"Nothing suits me like a suit!" Holy shit that was hilarious.

And those who really care about Ted meeting the mother should be happy that they are definitely moving closer to that. It'll probably happen in the last episode of the season.

As far as 100th episodes go that was a lot of fun. The musical number was hilarious. And even though I should have known Racehl Bilson wasn't the mother, at the same time, they still managed to suck me in right up until the bit with the bus...

Guess I'm just gullible... :P

The episode was a return to form. Barney's musical number was great. His move afterward? Even better.

I had hoped that Rachel Bilson wouldn't be it, though she's not bad. Did give the setup something of a mystery. My roommate and I couldn't recall the full story behind the yellow umbrella...

The episode was a return to form. Barney's musical number was great. His move afterward? Even better.

I had hoped that Rachel Bilson wouldn't be it, though she's not bad. Did give the setup something of a mystery. My roommate and I couldn't recall the full story behind the yellow umbrella...

Ted got the umbrella after his St. Patrick's Day bender after the writer's strike... :P

Not impressed with last nights episode. Barney's song was lame. Ted is annoying and I really don't care how he met their mother...this series is rapidly losing momentum for me and it was one of my favorites.

I think you're right that the series is losing momentum, but I base that on the rest of this season, not last night's episode. I just watched it, and it was easily the best episode put out in the past year. I was laughing the whole way through it. Barney's song was, imo, one of the best they've ever done on the show. A+

I absolutely loved this episode. Kris and I had a whole conversation about the Reacher and the Settler. Everytime he'd ask me what I thought I was, I referred to whatever Lily was saying at the time ("I don't think either of us are those") - and then she admitted to being the Settler, and I shut up. :P

NPH directed this episode - I thought he did a really nice job. He's the first different director on the show, and it seemed like the cast responded to it by bringing the energy. It was nice to see an actual ensemble episode, and I thought Amanda Peet looked gorgeous. (Psst...Jaxom. Her husband is one of the exec producers of Game of Thrones.)

This is the first episode in a long time that made me laugh all the way through it. I think I just missed a Marshall episode. I f-ing love Jason Segal.

ETA: Jaxom, I just caught your Robin-joke in there. :lol:

I absolutely loved this episode. Kris and I had a whole conversation about the Reacher and the Settler. Everytime he'd ask me what I thought I was, I referred to whatever Lily was saying at the time ("I don't think either of us are those") - and then she admitted to being the Settler, and I shut up. :P

NPH directed this episode - I thought he did a really nice job. He's the first different director on the show, and it seemed like the cast responded to it by bringing the energy. It was nice to see an actual ensemble episode, and I thought Amanda Peet looked gorgeous. (Psst...Jaxom. Her husband is one of the exec producers of Game of Thrones.)

This is the first episode in a long time that made me laugh all the way through it. I think I just missed a Marshall episode. I f-ing love Jason Segal.

ETA: Jaxom, I just caught your Robin-joke in there. :lol:

Drink, Mya!

And Amanda Peet isn't unattractive, in fact, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers...and if her husband's reading this, I wouldn't actually be in bed with his wife eating crackers. I merely make an observation. :P

Drink, Mya!

And Amanda Peet isn't unattractive, in fact, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers...and if her husband's reading this, I wouldn't actually be in bed with his wife eating crackers. I merely make an observation. :P

:rofl:

Jaxom, the thing with her is she's got this underlying awesome tomboyish charm to her. It makes sense that Marshall would be a tad enamored with her (and with him telling all those stories, don't you dare argue against that he was maybe a smidgen into her), because she's got that "I'm just one of the guys" vibe to her. (Except in Saving Silverman, but I digress.)

:rofl:

Jaxom, the thing with her is she's got this underlying awesome tomboyish charm to her. It makes sense that Marshall would be a tad enamored with her (and with him telling all those stories, don't you dare argue against that he was maybe a smidgen into her), because she's got that "I'm just one of the guys" vibe to her. (Except in Saving Silverman, but I digress.)

I'll cop to actually running off to see Coyote Ugly in the theatre...

Archived