How I Met Your Mother

Jaxom 1974

Loved Robin's reaction to the strip club. I'd have reacted the same way, funnily enough. It was quite realistic, even for Barney and Robin. :P Loved Lily's reaction, too. Marshall's allowed to fantasize about a woman who looks JUST LIKE HER. :lol:

I don't think Robin was reacting to the strip club. She's been to strip clubs with Barney (one of the Thanksgiving episodes, the first one I think). Her reaction to Barney's lack of reaction to their new situation and strip clubs was what was where the funny was. And that isn't to say it wasn't realistic...

I don't think Robin was reacting to the strip club. She's been to strip clubs with Barney (one of the Thanksgiving episodes, the first one I think). Her reaction to Barney's lack of reaction to their new situation and strip clubs was what was where the funny was. And that isn't to say it wasn't realistic...

Well, that's what I meant, silly Jaxom.

I've been to strip clubs with guy friends before. Heck, I've been the only chick with all guys at a strip club and gotten more attention than any of them. But, if I was in a new relationship with someone I had been friends with previously, and they were like, "Hey, let's go to a strip club! It's awesome! I'm so glad we can hang out together here..." I'd freak out. Especially if I was with someone like Barney. Knowing his past, and seeing his "regular" status there, was quite real. As a chick, and a cool one at that, I appreciated it. :P

Hold on. I must have missed something. How does meating her end with him getting a new job?

Well because he ran into her again, the other guy she was with (father of her child, not sure if they were married yet or not) felt bad for Ted and wanted to make it up to him for stealing Stella back. So, after a few things that didn't work out, he said he could pull some strings at some university to get Ted a job as a professor of architecture. Ted eventually accepted. And it was revealed at the end of last season that the mother was one of the students in the Economics 301 room that Ted mistakenly thought was his architecture classroom, and from that he somehow met her (details still to come).

• 2 weeks later...

At first I thought Marshall's inability to pronounce "gouda" was a joke, but it turns out that nobody knew what the word should sound like.

And Marshall, if you get to pick one type of cheese and you decide on gouda, you deserve whatever horrible things are coming your way!

The Robin-Barney/Lilly-Marshall storyline wasn't that good though, and ate up way too much time.

Yes. Weak episode. The sexless innkeeper was a funny idea, but the boring couples storyline dragged down the whole episode. And they've done it before with Lily and Marshall.

Yes. Weak episode. The sexless innkeeper was a funny idea, but the boring couples storyline dragged down the whole episode. And they've done it before with Lily and Marshall.

Agreed. In fact, they did a very similar joke in the season five premiere three episodes ago, which seems atypically lazy on the writers' part. I'm also a little tired of the "X is exactly like a relationship in miniature" comedy plot line (which 30 Rock has done, and I suspect that Friends did it as well), because it's the same basic five or six jokes every time.

Yeah, it was not the best episode ever. As a young married person I do unerstand the desperate need to find couples friends, and could identify with Marshall and Lily, but the execution of it was too cliche.

Also, the more I watch this show the more I realize what a player Ted is. It's quite amazing how many sexual conquests this dude is telling his KIDS about.

Also, the more I watch this show the more I realize what a player Ted is. It's quite amazing how many sexual conquests this dude is telling his KIDS about.

when you put it that way, it's kinda creepy. I don't think my dad ever discussed any conquests with me besides my mother. I just assumed in the mythical land of New York City, people run around looking for an excuse to sleep with each other. :dunno:

My only problem with the episode was that it didn't feel realistic that Lily and Marshall would be the "desperate" friending couple. They know Barney and Robin, so why the hell would they feel insecure about having them over. Contrived.

I do have a few couple friends who are like this, and the portrayal is accurate, but they're like that all the time. Lily and Marshall are more the cool laid back couple. Lily gave Marshall a double lap dance FFS.

Archived