How I Met Your Mother

Jaxom 1974

I can only imagine the writers meeting when they came up with all of the stuff you would do when young, and not do now: sleep on a friends futon, take a shot with total strangers, put off going to the doctor, and dye your hair ect.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1739813' date='Mar 31 2009, 09.14']I can only imagine the writers meeting when they came up with all of the stuff you would do when young, and not do now: sleep on a friends futon, take a shot with total strangers, put off going to the doctor, and dye your hair ect.[/quote]

And they nailed it too though, didn't they? Now in my mid 30's, I find a whole lot of that hard to contemplate doing...doesn't mean I wouldn't, but it isn't something I'm going to seek out.

The writers of this show do not get enough credit for being as smart as they are. :P

while I enjoyed the episode, I found it a bit under par for the series. Still better than 90% of the comedies on TV, but not my favorite.

Perhaps I was to preoccupied analyzing the various ways they could hide Allison Hannigan's pregnancy. Here, lets roll the rack of balls that all Kindergartens have. :bang:

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1739897' date='Mar 31 2009, 11.13']I really enjoyed Marshall and Lily clashing over the attitude to coaching. "That's not running, that's falling!!"[/quote]

That is a great example of the different way people feel about games and sports. Marshall laid out the idea that in life you won't get rewarded for just being there. Of course Marshal was a totalitarian coach. Which was funny. Lilly truly was the exact opposite. Of course 118 - 0... that is a whooping... Darn that teen wolf.

[quote name='boiled leather' post='1739909' date='Mar 31 2009, 10.23']while I enjoyed the episode, I found it a bit under par for the series. Still better than 90% of the comedies on TV, but not my favorite.

Perhaps I was to preoccupied analyzing the various ways they could hide Allison Hannigan's pregnancy. Here, lets roll the rack of balls that all Kindergartens have. :bang:[/quote]

Really? I don't think I've ever let it divert me from the show. Knowing it's there is simply what it is. The episode where she was in the hot dog eating contest and using the pregnant belly to make it look like she'd truly packed away the food was inspired.

Mrs. Jax and I actually spend more time arguing over whether Cobie Smulder's pregnancy is far enough along to justify hiding it yet...though she insists that Smulders is nearly as far along as Allison Hannigan...

I also wasn't that impressed with this episode, and it pisses me off that the best joke was ruined by the previews... It would have been [s]awesome[/s] legendary if I hadn't seen, "There's a teen wolf on the court!" 150 times during the past weekend.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1740753' date='Mar 31 2009, 21.18']Really? I don't think I've ever let it divert me from the show. Knowing it's there is simply what it is. The episode where she was in the hot dog eating contest and using the pregnant belly to make it look like she'd truly packed away the food was inspired.

Mrs. Jax and I actually spend more time arguing over whether Cobie Smulder's pregnancy is far enough along to justify hiding it yet...though she insists that Smulders is nearly as far along as Allison Hannigan...[/quote]

Smulders is no where nearly as far along as Hannigan. Hannigan had to be around 8 months when this episode was filmed, Smulders was 6 max. Sure, two months isn't much in real time, but it's a lot in pregnant belly size.

[quote name='Bolton Bastard' post='1740760' date='Mar 31 2009, 21.25']huh... and before you guys said anything I never even noticed.[/quote]

I didn't notice Smulders' until this week, Hannigan's has been [i]very[/i] noticeable for the past few episodes.

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1739897' date='Mar 31 2009, 11.13']Turinqui - perhaps we should have an NY BWB event dedicated to laser-tag. Wearing suits.[/quote]

Wow. That BwB meet would be Awesome! Now how to make it happen?

About pregnancies, Hannigan was easy to see, not only her belly but her face was getting super pudgy. Never noticed Smulders' though.

I agree with most people, it was one of the best episodes of the series. It had so many memorable, hysterical moments. Still not as funny as last episode with the firing room.

Well, this is without a doubt my favorite comedy right now, but this whole season has been a disappointment. I don't think Murtaugh was even in my top 20 episodes even though it was probably the best of the season. Maybe i'm being a bit unfair because Season 2 and 3 were extreme high points for any comedy show, but it just feels like they are trying too hard this season.

[quote name='Tempra' post='1741141' date='Apr 1 2009, 09.00']Well, this is without a doubt my favorite comedy right now, but this whole season has been a disappointment. I don't think Murtaugh was even in my top 20 episodes even though it was probably the best of the season. Maybe i'm being a bit unfair because Season 2 and 3 were extreme high points for any comedy show, but it just feels like they are trying too hard this season.[/quote]

Your opinion is noted. You're wrong. But it's noted. :P

There's been little in the way of misses this season.

Archived