How I Met Your Mother

Jaxom 1974

[quote name='Jhogo's Evil Twin' post='1536582' date='Sep 29 2008, 21.38']not a typical himym episode today. the only thing that can be carried over into another episode is that marshall has a job now.[/quote]

It wasn't, yet it was. Consider it akin to an X-Files monster-of-the-week episode. Plenty of laughs though.

[quote name='Nadie' post='1537047' date='Sep 30 2008, 10.20']So... where was Ted's fiancee in this episode?

Dr. Reid, (or whatever she's called in HIMYM).[/quote]

Her contract isn't for that many episodes yet...and Scrubs is still on... :P

This episode was a good place holder as they figure out what to do with Sarah's character. It was funny and had Marshal move on from being fired and getting a new job at a big soulless bank not as an environmental lawyer.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1536914' date='Sep 30 2008, 09.51']It wasn't, yet it was. Consider it akin to an X-Files monster-of-the-week episode. Plenty of laughs though.[/quote]
i see what you are saying. unfortunately, cbs seems to omit these episodes in reruns. i watch the dvd and wonder why i have seen some of them only once.

I think I've come to the conclusion that the Mother will be revealed through the eventual disintergration of Ted's relationship with Stella.

Also, Robin's new job will obviously lead into her moving in with Ted in the apartment.

[quote name='Jhogo's Evil Twin' post='1545398' date='Oct 6 2008, 21.24']yeah, once she gets back from japan.[/quote]

She won't get to Japan right away. That's my guess. Something Barney does will sabatoge the trip shortly before she leaves, keeping her in New York, though sans an apartment.

SPOILER: Marshall's rant

Marshall loving NJ, that was good stuff. I can see it since he grew up in MN and he is definitely oversized for the area. I can see the show having a brief NJ stint. Ted moves to NJ to be with Stella. Marshall and Lilly follow to be closer to Ted and allow Marshall to have some space.

[quote name='arlington bill' post='1547793' date='Oct 8 2008, 09.18']
SPOILER: Marshall's rant

Marshall loving NJ, that was good stuff. I can see it since he grew up in MN and he is definitely oversized for the area. I can see the show having a brief NJ stint. Ted moves to NJ to be with Stella. Marshall and Lilly follow to be closer to Ted and allow Marshall to have some space.
[/quote]

Probably not. I'd say no way in fact.

Whelp, last night, and I enjoyed it greatly, pretty much announced that Sarah Chalke wasn't the mother and that we'll probably not see a whole lot more of her...that's the sense I got from it. And she wasn't even in the episode! :P

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1555029' date='Oct 14 2008, 10.36']Whelp, last night, and I enjoyed it greatly, pretty much announced that Sarah Chalke wasn't the mother and that we'll probably not see a whole lot more of her...that's the sense I got from it. And she wasn't even in the episode! :P[/quote]

Not my favorite episode. Not bad. The scotch joke was so true...

[quote name='Blaine23' post='1536984' date='Sep 30 2008, 07.46']I'd like this show better if every episode was more about Marshall.

Or Barney. Or Lily. Or Robin.

Pretty much everybody but Ted.[/quote]

I'm torn, because yes Ted is the least funny part of the show, but he's not supposed to be funny. He's the butt of the joke, the straight man.

I liked last night's ep. I really didn't see that coming with Stella leaving Ted for the ex, though the last minute wrap-up made it obvious in hindsight. Nicely done.

[quote name='AverageGuy' post='1562362' date='Oct 21 2008, 01.48']So Stella's gone. Good. I was getting impatient waiting for that story to resolve.[/quote]

Glad to see her gone. Boring character.
Is Barney-Robin going to fizz out, or did she not expect any better from him?

I wondered for the past two weeks how they would break this off without Ted being the bad guy, and was honestly suprised by the solution they came up with.

I thought it worked. Will be interesting to see what happens with Robin, Ted, and Barney now...

Archived