How I Met Your Mother

Jaxom 1974

[quote name='AverageGuy' post='1673002' date='Feb 3 2009, 20.50']How could they not show us Robin's video resume?[/quote]
Huge Miss-step. I am hoping it is because they are saving it for a punchline in a later momment.

[quote name='AverageGuy' post='1673002' date='Feb 3 2009, 22.50']How could they not show us Robin's video resume?[/quote]

Much like the pineapple, it might be part of the story we're not meant to know...

However, the latest episode was pretty damn good. That guy, Barney Stinson? He's awesome. :P

[quote name='AverageGuy' post='1673002' date='Feb 3 2009, 21.50']How could they not show us Robin's video resume?[/quote]

I really thought we would see a cut scene at the end where Barney is calling in a favor to get Robin a job. That or a marriage proposal, just so she could stay in the U.S.

[quote name='Arlington Bill' post='1673699' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.04']I really thought we would see a cut scene at the end where Barney is calling in a favor to get Robin a job. That or a marriage proposal, just so she could stay in the U.S.[/quote]

That's what I thought too. I'm hoping that it does emerge that he wrangled a massive favor on her behalf. The current resolution is too trite, even for Barney.

[quote name='Bolton Bastard' post='1673150' date='Feb 4 2009, 00.49']Ahh Barney, the walking, talking, fucking deus ex machina of the series.[/quote]

And the problem is...?

Plenty of shows have a character like that...

• 4 weeks later...
Okay. Frances Conroy rocked as Barney's mother last night. The idea of Barney having paid for a family was so wrong, yet still so right...

And just for Jaime (if he's checking the thread): Barney's belief that The Karate Kid is really about Johnny, not the "nerdy kid from New Jersey"...AWESOME.

• 2 weeks later...
By the by: Laura Prepn = Awesome.

Gotta admit though, that knowing Allison Hannigan is as pregnant as she is made it a little distracting tyring to catch all the ways they've hidden the bump. :P Should be fun to do with Cobie Smulders as they wind down the season now too... :P

Over the last two months my gf and I have been catching up from the start and this week was the first week we caught up and watched it live. Really great show and it really is all about Barney. This week's episode was pretty solid, although college Ted really only works in small doses because I see way too many people like that on campus on a daily basis and I'm already incensed at their behavior.

College Ted is tremendous, everyone knew someone like that back in college. Good times.

Going a while back, but College Ted trying to organize a midnight protest against the school's 'racist' meal plan was great. "Why don't people ever come to my happenings??"

I recently caught up on the series too, like Weekapaug. This is a tremendous show, and the number of callbacks and jokes within jokes really makes the show a joy to watch. Sure, Ted can be extremely pathetic and annoying at times, but the show is still fun to watch despite him (eg the Rain Dance, ugh).

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1716679' date='Mar 11 2009, 19.32']Gotta admit though, that knowing Allison Hannigan is as pregnant as she is made it a little distracting tyring to catch all the ways they've hidden the bump. :P Should be fun to do with Cobie Smulders as they wind down the season now too... :P[/quote]

I noticed that in "The Stinsons" especially they didn't put as much effort into hiding the bump as they should have; I think that I caught a few glimpses. The problem is that this late in the pregnancy, the bump is noticeable even if you try to cover the bottom part of her torso. A bowl of popcorn doesn't cut it any more.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, so I love this show now. I got the earlier seasons on Netflix and follow the new ones. Although, to be honest I didn't love season 1 that much - it was too much about Teds romances. I do like Ted, but not his dating life. I guess thats why I didn't get into the show at first. On the other hand I dont like people who thinks its all about Barney either (like I used to) cause this show has many great carachters.

Am trying to convince my SO that me engraving "Legen-" and him engraving "-dary" in our wedding ringds would be AWESOME. (Don't know how serious I am, but as long as he sais No I am trying to be :P )

And Robin is hotter than Lily. Easy.

Archived