[ADWD SPOILERS] Where do whores go?

Burr

What difference would it make where whores go? Tysha wouldn't be there, she was never a whore, it was all just a lie to hurt Tyrion. The most realistic outcome would be that she committed suicide, or died of infection from all the damage that would have been done to her private parts by being raped by a whole group of soldiers one after another. Its not like you could just go on about your life after what happened to her, even if she did recover physically, which I doubt.

I don't think the age is right, I think Tyrion is now about 26 or 27.

Tyrion was born in 274... AGOT happens in 298. The end of ASOS was about 1-2 years after if I am not mistaken. However, AFFC and ADWD are to cover the 5 year gap between ASOS and TWOW. Seeing as this is near the middle part of the book, the age would around 28-29 when he notes her age (16 would be about right). Sad though, because no definitive timeline exists from GRRM. :( It is a nice theory though. lol

Also Tyrion is only estimating her age, her actual age is not given. It could be like 14 year olds today are not built like 14 year olds when I was 14. He is thinking she is 17-19, but she could be 14-16 (hence the innocence).

ENO5YGAP

What? Is this a statement?

I think you are saying there is no 5 year gap... However, I am commenting off a QA that I personally was at that was held by GRRM. He stated that he was going to forward time 5 years after ASOS, but felt that the characters couldn't be doing nothing for through that much span of time. He also found himself flashing back too much. So, he started writing AFFC, which got too big at the year point and he broke it up into two books. As to whether ADWD is actually takes place over 5 years, IDK. He may have shorten the time. but nothing I have read indicates that.

What? Is this a statement? I think you are saying there is no 5 year gap... However, I am commenting off a QA that I personally was held by GRRM. He stated that he was going to forward time 5 years after ASOS, but felt that the characters couldn't be doing nothing for through that span of time. He also found himself flashing back too much. So, he started writing AFFC, which got to big at the year point and he broke it up into two books. As to whether ADWD is actually takes place over 5 years, IDK. He may have shorten the time. but nothing I have read indicates that.
I have seen that GRRM has set aside the idea of the 5 year gap. He plans something else. We are most definitely not beyond 301 in DwD.

I have seen that GRRM has set aside the idea of the 5 year gap. He plans something else. We are most definitely not beyond 301 in DwD.

It could be one of the typos he makes. LOL

When he originally wrote it, he intended the 5 year gap but never scaled it down to his new timeline. I mean he states he often makes mistakes. This could also be the reason Tyrion give multiple possible ages. Is Tyrion correct? Is he a good judge of age? Character, we know he's the bomb. Age? Well, does brothel attending count as experience in that area? What if Penny just drank lots of hormone laced milk growing up. I swear your honor, Tyrion thought she was 17... She GRRM says so.

What? Is this a statement?

Of course. It is a coded mesage from and to the Cabal: YANETUT.

I think you are saying there is no 5 year gap... However, I am commenting off a QA that I personally was at that was held by GRRM. He stated that he was going to forward time 5 years after ASOS, but felt that the characters couldn't be doing nothing for through that much span of time. He also found himself flashing back too much. So, he started writing AFFC, which got too big at the year point and he broke it up into two books. As to whether ADWD is actually takes place over 5 years, IDK. He may have shorten the time. but nothing I have read indicates that.

Almost all of Feast takes place during only five months or so, and the bulk of Dance is temporally superimposed atop that same span. Dance does extend that a bit further, but nothing like four years and eight months further.

There are plenty of sync points all over to make this completely clear. Here’s a detailed textual timeline, and here is a graphic representation. Even if exact details are tricky, the overall span is not. It did not take Tyrion five years to get from King’s Landing to Mereen. There are many similar synchronization confirmations in the text.

It is well documented that Martin abandoned the five year gap.

Of course. It is a coded mesage from and to the Cabal: YANETUT.

Oh please, not again! How old are you anyway? I mean like seriously. Are you even in high school yet? Come on, tell us.

Almost all of Feast takes place during only five months or so, and the bulk of Dance is temporally superimposed atop that same span. Dance does extend that a bit further, but nothing like four years and eight months further!

There are plenty of sync points all over to make this completely clear. Here’s a detailed textual timeline, and here is a graphic representation. Even if exact details are tricky, the overall span is not. It did not take Tyrion five years to get from King’s Landing to Mereen. There are dozens and perhaps hundreds of other synchronization confirmations in the text.

It is well documented that Martin abandoned the five year gap. Please try to keep up. LOLOLOLOLLOOOLLLOOOOO

Please keep the condescending tone to a minimum. Just because I am not 100% up to speed on everything about the series doesn't warrant this response. I am only commenting on the information I have come across so far in the books and the information I have heard from GRRM from a personal event that I was at with him being the speaker. Not everyone in this world has had the time nor the energy to have the privilege information that you do. Nor, will everyone be able to decipher your coded message, but seeing as it was to the "Cabal" it was obviously not meant for me. I was only trying to understand what it meant.

I am well out of High School, if you must know. Thank you for the timeline.

[mod] If you can't make your point without belittling or needling others, best leave it for someone else to make instead. Please tone down the personal stuff, or else the mods will have to intervene. [/mod]

I'm with the OP whole-heartedly in hoping they find each other and live happily every after.

Unfortunately, GRRM would slit his own throat before allowing that.

So realistically I am hoping that Tyrion finds Tysha, but as she is dying. He expresses remorse, swears he's always loved her, she forgives him and swears the same. Then she entrusts their daughter to him.

Still so sweet it would gag GRRM, but maybe ....

I'm with the OP whole-heartedly in hoping they find each other and live happily every after.

Unfortunately, GRRM would slit his own throat before allowing that.

So realistically I am hoping that Tyrion finds Tysha, but as she is dying. He expresses remorse, swears he's always loved her, she forgives him and swears the same. Then she entrusts their daughter to him.

Still so sweet it would gag GRRM, but maybe ....

Oh no, no no, I hope Tysha finds Tyrion when he is dying and she has a whole pack of kids from her fabulous husband, who treats her like a queen and a has had a great life. And then she beats the crap out of him for raping her and not even so much as saying a peep when he's watching her get raped.

Tyrion was born in 274... AGOT happens in 298. The end of ASOS was about 1-2 years after if I am not mistaken. However, AFFC and ADWD are to cover the 5 year gap between ASOS and TWOW. Seeing as this is near the middle part of the book, the age would around 28-29 when he notes her age (16 would be about right). Sad though, because no definitive timeline exists from GRRM. :( It is a nice theory though. lol

Also Tyrion is only estimating her age, her actual age is not given. It could be like 14 year olds today are not built like 14 year olds when I was 14. He is thinking she is 17-19, but she could be 14-16 (hence the innocence).

GRRM did scrap the 5 year gap because it wasn't working. The best way I can follow time is Sansa's age, I thought she was 11 at the beginning of GoT and 12 when she was married off to Tyrion and when she was leaving the Eerie she said to herself that she was 13 while Alayne was 14, and so that would mean only a couple years have passed since the beginning of the story. I don't know if it is still 300 or at max could be year 301, so Tyrion would be about 27.

Tyrion was 14 when he and Tysha married, so any child would be around 12-13 years, and even though I agree kids seem to develop faster these days, It would be a stretch to think a 12 year old is 18 unless Tyrion is really bad at guessing ages so

Aegon's and Lemore's ages

would have to be questioned as well.

• 1 month later...

Everyone is hell-bent on Lanna who very likely has a Lannister connection but could as easily be by Gerion or one of the MANY members of very fertile House Lannister (as Cat Tully notes) before going to Braavos. If we return to Tywin's last words...

The very last words are much quoted but what of his specific words just before that?

His father pursed his lips. “There was no reason for that, she’d learned her place . . . and had been well paid for her day’s work, I seem to recall. I suppose the steward sent her on her

way. I never thought to inquire.”

“On her way where?”

“Wherever whores go.”

I agree with Shadowbinding Shoe in returning the quest to the Westerlands. His fathers first response before provoking Tyrion is that his steward took care of it. Even if we don't take Tywins as the literal truth it reminds us that Tywin was not a lone agent and no doubt involved at one of his trusted men. As a lord Tywin gave orders more often than doing anything himself. Tysha's presence was already no secret, known to the whole garrison. Tywin's plans throughout the books have all featured him keeping a hand firmly clenched on the details, so I think it's doubtful that he was completely ignorant of her subsequent fate. But even if he did wish to keep her destination a secret, his steward IS the most likely to have done the dirty work to get her there.

Tyrion no doubt knows and remembers Casterly Rock's steward(s) at the time. I'm sure he could make a plan to interrogate or capture from across the narrow sea. He has hatched more involved plots. That is where is where his wistful hankering should be aimed. He now has after all the manpower of the Second Sons in his palm and enough cunning to manipulate them as need demands.

Furthermore:

Tyrion was never much loved by any of Casterly Rock from we can glean in his childhood memories and no doubt many have a new hate stirred at Tyrion's kinslaying of Tywin for which he is in fact officially attainted. But I don't think it would a great leap to assume that many who served under Tywin felt more fear than love for Tywin. Twixt the balance of these two considerations it is still conceivable that with the death of Tywin Lannister AND

Spoiler
the death of his brother Kevan Lannister the (true remaining strength of leadership within House Lannister)

AND with Cercei ensconced as Queen in Kings Landing, a number of persons in the service of House Lannister and Casterly Rock will feel that by Southron custom, Law and all rights of succession Casterly Rock and House Lannister actually belong to Tyrion Lannister. Such sentiments if ferreted out grant Tyrion allies in Casterly Rock that may help him albeit in secret.

• 5 months later...

It would be especially poignant if Tysha is the wretch Tyrion is falling all over himself to avoid in King's Landing. It was probably not necessary for Littlefinger to add a fictional 7 years to her age, but only to tout her undesirability, since Tyrion, and few others, actually "look with their eyes" at her, anyway, even when she's crying at Tyrion's wedding.

As for Penny's age, GRRM makes a point of showing us that Tyrion is not very good at guessing ages (e.g., Jon Snow), so I take his estimations of Penny's and the Septa's age with a grain of salt.

Tyrion was 13 when he received his "sharp lesson" from Tywin.

Which would make Lanna's age of 14 in AFoC right in the money.

From ASoS

"The boy is thirteen. There is time yet." Lord Tywin paced to the window. That was unlike him; he was more upset than he wished to show. "He requires a sharp lesson."

Tyrion had gotten his own sharp lesson at thirteen. He felt almost sorry for his nephew.

And Lollys Stokeworth is the the true-born daughter of Lady Tanda Stokeworth, and not a crofter's daughter from around Lannisport.

Archived