What games are you playing/looking forward to?

Jon AS

[quote name='Muttering Bill' post='1735567' date='Mar 27 2009, 13.43']Also downloaded [b]The Pitt [/b]for [i]Fallout 3[/i]. Better than [b]Operation Anchorage[/b], imo, but shorter. Unless you count the couple of hours I spent looking for steel ingots, of which I still have 19 left to find.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm going to wait until [i]Broken Steel[/i] comes out and get the two together. Doing [i]Operation Anchorage[/i] and getting no EXP for it did cheese me off, so I'll wait for the level cap to be raised.

[quote name='Minaku' post='1735599' date='Mar 27 2009, 08.04']Finishing up Valkyria Chronicles (which was actually really good) and I just received Eternal Sonata yesterday. I'm going to take a crack at it this morning for an hour or two. I know it's a kiddie game but it's also a Japanese RPG that involves Chopin and his fever dreams, light/dark combos, real-time battle, and NO random encounters. It's like FF on crack, but good crack. Chopin's fever dreams. I need to play this game.[/quote]

I just finished that recently. Have fun with the bizzaro plot. And the 10 minutes "Be a good person" epilogue at the end. The battle system is decently fun though and good character design.

But seriously if you are looking for a game with a good real time battle (and in this case real time, not turn based real time) and no random encounters than go with Star Ocean Last Hope. The only thing it lacks is no co-op multiplayer. :(

[quote name='Rhaco' post='1740151' date='Mar 31 2009, 14.25']Mirror's Edge is just a cool game. The demo doesn't do it justice. It's just the right blend of visually-pleasing puzzle solving and action. The story is pretty short, though. Playing on normal and not shooting anyone, I can't imagine it took me longer than 5-6 hrs to finish. I went through most of the time trials once or twice (raced Inigima's ghost a few times, which is a fun little feature) and that's enough of that time trial/speed run stuff for me -- trying for perfect runs would no doubt just be an infuriating experience.[/quote]
Ha, awesome, I love that. I've only done a few levels as time trials, though. Did you beat me?

Mirror's Edge is incredible, I love it. Yeah, it's short, but it's so damn much [i]fun[/i]. Its pricepoint is more reasonable than when I bought it, but I don't regret paying the full 60 bones for it.

Anyone else playing Animal Crossing? I have, like, one friend with a town to visit and I want more. Most of my friends aren't AC types.

[quote name='Inigima' post='1740608' date='Mar 31 2009, 19.26']Anyone else playing Animal Crossing? I have, like, one friend with a town to visit and I want more. Most of my friends aren't AC types.[/quote]

I don't really consider myself the Animal Crossing type, but I loved the hell out of the gamecube version.

[quote name='Inigima' post='1740608' date='Mar 31 2009, 19.26']Ha, awesome, I love that. I've only done a few levels as time trials, though. Did you beat me?[/quote]
I think you have times posted for three of the trials, and I narrowly beat your time on two of them. I don't think I even came close on the third, though.

It is pretty cool how you can race the other person's ghost so you can see the route they took, the jumps they made, where they screwed up, etc. I imagine it'd be pretty helpful if you wanted to try to get three-star ratings since the ghosts of the world's fastest runs are all in there.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1740311' date='Mar 31 2009, 15.53']Yeah, I'm going to wait until [i]Broken Steel[/i] comes out and get the two together. Doing [i]Operation Anchorage[/i] and getting no EXP for it did cheese me off, so I'll wait for the level cap to be raised.[/quote]
I've recently started a new character, so doing the DLC missions is still productive for me. And [b]Broken Steel [/b]will probably be out before I get him to level 20.

Almost done with [i]Too Human[/i]. It's not as bad as the demo made it seem, but still not that good. I got used to the right stick attacks, but I'd still prefer a button for that. I see why they did it though; there isn't much variety in the moves, and hammering one button repeatedly for the same combo would get old quick, but I don't notice it as much circling the stick.

Started [i]Fable 2[/i]. I like it much better than the first, but this time I didn't come in with any expectations, so there's nothing to be disappointed about. Great humor, and it's fun enough so far.

[quote name='Maia' post='1735490' date='Mar 27 2009, 06.03']Well, I am mostly continuing on my iTouch gaming spree.

Playing The Quest - a surprisingly deep first-person old-school RPG.[/quote]

I love The Quest its like might and magic only more in depth and gritty and it even has a card came just as good (probably better) than acromage and it keeps getting better with each update they make, I think they actually listen to people's suggestions

P.S. if anyone can recommend other games like this I would be grateful

[quote name='ogbebaba' post='1741672' date='Apr 1 2009, 21.21']I love The Quest its like might and magic only more in depth and gritty[/quote]

Ditto. I have to say that I missed the Might and Magic series somehow, but I am loving The Quest. Though I would have preferred a party and a more tactical combat, like in the Wizardries.

If you want something else like it on the Touch, the bad news is that there is nothing, currently. But the good news is that they are porting the Quest expansion, so in a month or so there will be.
There is also a cartload of third-party expansions to The Quest on PPC and hopefully with the arrival of the iphone software 3.0, some of them will be ported too.

I always recommend folks to try Puzzle Quest Lite, even if they are luke-warm on "match 3" (I was). It is such a great game, so tactical and deep. With definte RPG elements. And the clichéd fantasy story is quite nice, too.

I will be picking up Rogue Touch when I finish the Quest. Always wanted to try a roguelike and it has such active Devs and community that it looks like the best opportunity to dip my toes.

I've been playing an unhealthy amount of Rune Factory 2 for my DS lately. RF2 is the first Harvest Moon game I've ever played. I have no idea why fetch quests and harvesting virtual crops is so much fun but it is :P

I've only played a bit of Sands of Time (awesome) and Warrior Within (eh). I think people mostly liked Two Thrones, though.

I'd suggest picking up Sands of Time first, especially since it's rather cheap these days.

[quote name='Triskele' post='1743162' date='Apr 3 2009, 00.48']Hey gamers - Give Trisk a tip. I don't play a ton of games but I've got an X-Box (not a 360). My brother gave me [i]Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones[/i] as a hand-me-down. I heard the original was solid. Should I jump into this? Is it good? Would I be doing myself a disservice by playing this one without having played the original? Thanks[/quote]

I've played all three. While SoT is always mentioned as a favourite of peoples, the other two games in the trilogy tend to get a lot of undeserved hate sent their way IMO.
Gameplay wise, they're almost exactly the same game, the only real difference is that the last two games are darker and the female characters more sexualized -- which, lets face it, is a pretty common occurance in videogames anyway.
What people like about the first one is that it has a 'fairy tale' like vibe to it that Warrior Within seemed to lack. Being the closer of the trilogy, TTT tends to borrow from both worlds. It's brighter much like SoT but keeps TWW's 'M' rating.

All in all, I like the previous incarnation of the PoP series much more than I do the current generation PoP game.

[quote name='devotee' post='1743650' date='Apr 3 2009, 12.59']Played through Gears of War with a friend last night, and am currently playing [b]Advance Wars: Dark Conflict[/b] for the DS and Fallout 3 aswell[/quote]

Stupid name changes... here I was thinking this was a new game in the series. I was disappointed to find out it's just Days of Ruin's European title :(

[i]Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor[/i] hits on Thursday.

I'll be checking this out to stay up-to-date for multiplayer, but it sounds like a bit of a weak package. Adding a Tower Defence and an RPG [i]WarCraft III[/i]-style mode to the game doesn't sound massively enticing, and the 'new units' (swap-outs for existing ones) sound a bit lame. What is really annoying is that the USA are getting the game at the standard expansion pack price, but the UK are getting ripped for the full £30, which is very bad value for money. Luckily, Amazon have it at half-price at the moment, so I might go for that instead.

Hoping the new maps are good since the update will knock out all the user ones for a few days until they update the customer launcher.

I also hope this is the last CoH expansion before they go after CoH 2 with a Russian faction added, and they don't just milk the game to death like they did with DoW before it.

[url="http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6206521.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1"]Official confirmation [/url]of [i][b]Max Payne 3 [/b][/i]for Winter 2009/10.

Not being developed by Remedy, but inhouse at Rockstar. By the [i]Bully[/i] team :stunned:

It [i]could[/i] be good I suppose...

[quote name='Werthead' post='1745035' date='Apr 4 2009, 19.36'][url="http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6206521.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1"]Official confirmation [/url]of [i][b]Max Payne 3 [/b][/i]for Winter 2009/10.

Not being developed by Remedy, but inhouse at Rockstar. By the [i]Bully[/i] team :stunned:

It [i]could[/i] be good I suppose...[/quote]

I'd much rather have the Bully team work on a new Bully game. That would rock!

Archived