What games are you playing/looking forward to?

Jon AS

I didn't enjoy Fallout 3. I've found it, I don't know, ... a fucking shooter? The second half of game was boring. I can't say whether it's a good game or not.

I'm waiting for Indiana Jones: Staff of Kings. Indy 4 life, you know. Even though it will be for sure kinda shitty.
And Battlefront III. Someday. Maybe.

[quote name='TheOneOfTheNight' post='1706736' date='Mar 3 2009, 18.16']I didn't enjoy Fallout 3. I've found it, I don't know, ... a fucking shooter? The second half of game was boring. I can't say whether it's a good game or not.[/quote]

I like it a lot, but it has several flaws. If its a shooter, its a very bad shooter. Luckily, the environment, story, and graphics make the game completely engrossing. The novelty has sort of worn off now, but it was immensely cool in the beginning to be ambushed by super mutants. Scary as hell at times. Once you are level 20 (fucking stupid level cap if you ask me), have Fawkes as an ally, and are wearing Power Armour, things are much easier.

I agree, fawkes is ridiculously overpowered as an ally, unlimited laser gatling rounds and a ridiculous carry capacity was beyond a dumb idea. As was the level cap. Still reasonably compelling just to explore but in the course of running around exploring I've kind of lost interest in doing the ending. On the cusp of the last mission and still haven't started it as I know its game over after. The level cap though, did it ever hit waaaay too early.

[b]Diablo 3[/b]. That's it. All my thought is bent on it. I've begun elaborate manipulations and started plans within plans within plans in order to have a machine that will run it optimally. I might end up saving the economy as an unexpected side result of my endeavors.

I want to play it before 2012. Cause...you know. Yeah.

[quote name='Mackaxx']On the cusp of the last mission and still haven't started it as I know its game over after. The level cap though, did it ever hit waaaay too early.[/quote]

Wait, you haven't seen Liberty Prime in action? That's just about the best part of the game. Which is then quickly followed by the absolute worst part.;)

Just finished off [b]Fallout 3[/b] over the weekend. Liberty Prime is hillarious. Except the bastard stopped on the bridge and refused to move for 15 minutes. Other than that he was great.

I have my file saved just after Raven Rock, so I'm going through to sweep what achivements I can before starting a new character. I've still got to kill 3 Behemoths, find 4 Bobbleheads, hack 20 more terminals, and pass 13 speach challenges (going to try for the repeating challenge in Little Lamplight, but if that doesn't work then this will have to wait for the next play through).

Once I finish with those, I'm starting up my evil character for bad karma achievements (will just exploit some water beggars to get the nuetral karma achivements while I'm at it), and the Strictly Business quest (and the speach one if it proves necessary).

I went through [b]Operation Anchorage [/b]over the weekend as well. I liked the first half, but once it took my weapons away - again! - and started teleporting me around the map after I finished an objective I got bored with it. I found the lack of scavenging to be frustrating, and only found 5 intel cases - because I couldn't be bothered looking around too much with nothing to pick up but grenades and mines.

In other games, I played through [b]Prince of Persia [/b]last week. Decent story, pretty graphics, but the world felt small, puzzles were simple and tedious, and Light Seed Collecting gets old really quick. It was worth playing through once, but I'm glad that I just rented it.

I've also been playing some [b]Street Fighter 4[/b] and [b]Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad[/b], in between [b]Fallout 3[/b] sessions.

Just got in [b]Tomb Raider: Underworld[/b], but haven't started it yet. I also need to get back to [b]Metal Gear Solid 4[/b]. I want to finish it, so I can see how the story ends, and send back, but I just can't make myself care. I knew there was going to be a lot of cutscenes, but I figured that it was exagerrated a bit, and it wouldn't be that bad. But it is that bad. They've sucked all the fun out of the game.

[quote name='Jon AS' post='1707243' date='Mar 4 2009, 07.08']Wait, you haven't seen Liberty Prime in action? That's just about the best part of the game. Which is then quickly followed by the absolute worst part. ;)[/quote]

Liberty Prime was cool but he was also just the dragon from [i]Oblivion[/i]:

SPOILER: FO3/Oblivion
You've just ploughed 30 hours into the game, levelled up to maximum and gotten some uber-stuff? Great! Now sit back and watch some ludicrously overpowered demigod-thing finish the game for you!

[quote name='hALo BEndeR' post='1706506' date='Mar 3 2009, 15.01']I've been tempted to pick this one up but having never played a Star Ocean game don't know if this is a good place to start. Does it work as a stand alone game or should I familiarize myself with the series first?

I'm still having an amazing time with the Yakuza series. I just recently beat the first game and I'm now a couple chapters into the second. If the two current generation Yakuza/'Like a Dragon' games don't make their way to NA shores I'll be really disappointed. Seriously people, if you haven't played 'em pick them up... they're well worth it.[/quote]

It's pretty much a standalone. It's a prequel game, so there is no need to know the stuff that came before.

You guys need to hit up the [url="http://www.fallout3nexus.com/"]Fallout Nexus[/url] tons of great mods (and more sure to come as they just released the source code) to tackle all the problems with the vanilla game. There's also an Unofficial patch on there that addresses all the issues/bugs/game breakers etc. that Bethesda refuses to deal with. I could post the mods I use, I've started a new game and they have made it practically a whole new (and better) game.

[quote name='Jon AS' post='1707243' date='Mar 4 2009, 18.08']Wait, you haven't seen Liberty Prime in action? That's just about the best part of the game. Which is then quickly followed by the absolute worst part.;)[/quote]

If I think about I might as well just finish the game and put it down until the broken steel add on is released that lets you continue the game after you finish it. It's not like I'm doing much exploring anyways.

Basically whats taking up my time is GTA IV Lost and the Damned. I find the bikes much more enjoyable to ride about that city than cars, for once I'm not taking a taxi everywhere I go. The main characters lines are a bit cringy sometimes, way too much swearing for the sake of swearing but the support cast is really good.

I particularly enjoyed this line.

Biker 1 " Some Russian guy killed Biker 3"

Biker 2 "He wasn't Russian, he was a serb"

I also picked up condemned 2 the other day, enjoyed the first one and got quite good so I decided to start playing this one on hard. Bad move. After getting my ass soundly handed to me in the first level I'm going to have to do a restart. The single player seems to be more of the same which is a good thing, haven't looked at the multiplayer just yet.

[quote name='Muttering Bill' post='1707463' date='Mar 5 2009, 01.08']I went through [b]Operation Anchorage [/b]over the weekend as well. I liked the first half, but once it took my weapons away - again! - and started teleporting me around the map after I finished an objective I got bored with it. I found the lack of scavenging to be frustrating, and only found 5 intel cases - because I couldn't be bothered looking around too much with nothing to pick up but grenades and mines.[/quote]

The intel perk isn't really that worthwhile anyway, especially if your character is maxed out already, the audiotapes are probably more rewarding in their own badly acted way . I actually enjoyed the lack of scavenging, it made for a much more free flowing game. A nice change from kill someone, loot the corpse, repeat until your carrying too much, fuck around with your inventory and drop stuff you don't need/give it to you companion, kill someone, loot corpse, repeat.

[quote name='Werthead']Liberty Prime was cool but he was also just the dragon from [i]Oblivion[/i]:[/quote]

If that Dragon has lines as funny as Liberty Prime's I might actually consider playing that game.

Bought [b]Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection[/b] for the 360, just so I could play [b]Phantasy Star 2[/b]. Ahhh, the memories. Borrowed a Megadrive for a month in my youth. Spent three weeks playing Sonic and some other crap. The last week, I tried Phantasy Star 2, and I was hooked. The whole week I played nothing but this RPG. I cursed my folly for playing Sonic earlier.

And it is still good. And hard too. Spent 40 minutes in a dungeon, walking around killing monsters. My characters went up a few levels, but then some random monsters just killed me :eek: . They were not even bosses, just some monsters. Did I mention that one cannot save inside the dungeon? 40 minutes gone, like dust in the wind...

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection has over 40 games, but most hasn't aged well. Golden Axe sucked big time.

Oh, and I have [b]Fallout 3[/b] next to the computer. Will install it later, to see if it is as good as people say.

I've been sorely tempted to pick that one up, but on the other hand I have all the genesis games ever released here and overseas on my old modded xboxs hard drive. I've been chastising myself for thinking the purchase would be worth it purely because I could get some achievements.

Are the games in widescreen, a higher resolution or anything like that?

So, utterly bored by Fallout 3, I decided to play a real FPS. I decide to play a man's FPS. That's right, Serious Sam Part Dos. This game is hysterical. Plot? Fuck that, just give me a rocket launcher and let me blow shit up. I've forgotten how much fun this game is. Those mammoth mechanized spiders are scary as hell.

[quote name='Jon AS' post='1708278' date='Mar 4 2009, 22.43']If that Dragon has lines as funny as Liberty Prime's I might actually consider playing that game.[/quote]

Er, not really, despite:

SPOILER: Oblivion
His mortal form being voiced by Sean Bean. Seriously, they had both Boromir and Picard doing voices in this game and gave them both pretty crappy dialogue.

[quote name='G'Kar' post='1709807' date='Mar 5 2009, 20.20']So, utterly bored by Fallout 3, I decided to play a real FPS. I decide to play a man's FPS. That's right, Serious Sam Part Dos. This game is hysterical. Plot? Fuck that, just give me a rocket launcher and let me blow shit up. I've forgotten how much fun this game is. Those mammoth mechanized spiders are scary as hell.[/quote]
Serious Sam is fucking great, I had a blast with those games.

• 3 weeks later...
Mackaxx, about [b]Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection[/b], I haven't found anything about widescreen or higher resolution. But the games sure look nice on a big telly :P . But I on a break from it now, been playing Resident Evil 5 for a while now, which is nice too.

Archived