The New New NFL thread

Daeric

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1601529' date='Nov 26 2008, 23.12']As to the Jets, I agree that Jenkins is an absolute force in the middle of that 3-4 defense. (sidenote: Ridiculous number of dominant nose tackles in the AFC right now: Hampton, Wilfork, Williams, Ngata, Rogers...kinda makes me envious of the 3-4) but I couldn't name the other two D Lineman. All I can think of is Gholston and I know he hasn't been playing much. Actually, that's not true. I do know Pace, and I know he's playing very well. But who's the other guy? All in all maybe I should be giving the Jets more love. It's a little shocking, but this is an emerging defensive powerhouse.[/quote]

Gholston and Pace are LBs not defensice linemen. They have Shaun Elli who is pretty good and Kenyon Coleman who is nothing special. And Gholston doesn't even start. Bryan Thomas is the starter.

Come to think of it, Thomas, Harris, Barton and Pace are not that bad a LB corp.

[quote name='grozeng' post='1601876' date='Nov 27 2008, 12.15']Gholston and Pace are LBs not defensice linemen. They have Shaun Elli who is pretty good and Kenyon Coleman who is nothing special. And Gholston doesn't even start. Bryan Thomas is the starter.

Come to think of it, Thomas, Harris, Barton and Pace are not that bad a LB corp.[/quote]

I dunno, the D is just performing impressively well in sacks and rush yards, which are the spots where I'd think a DLine would have the most influence. But that might be down to LBs and blitz packages, I'm not sure; I've only watched maybe 3 Jets games this year.

[quote name='Jacen' post='1602403' date='Nov 28 2008, 09.08']Could there possibly have been two worse games to have on Thanksgiving?[/quote]

Between the boring Dallas Seattle game. the turkey and stuffing, I got very nappy yesterday :P .

[quote name='phoenix_rising' post='1602503' date='Nov 28 2008, 14.32']pretty sure there was 3 bad games on ......[/quote]

As long as the NFL Network insists on showing games that not everyone can get, then that third game on Thanksgiving (or any of their Thursday games) don't exist. :P

[quote name='Space_Bandito' post='1603014' date='Nov 29 2008, 11.46']Plaxico Burress . . . shot himself in the leg? WTF? It is being reported by just about everyone so pick your favorite source.[/quote]

Easily jumps into the top ten for dumbest sports figures. Ever.

Sean Taylor goes into the Redskin Ring of Honor today. One year later, It's remarkable the impact he had on the organization and fanbase considering he only played 4 seasons. And in terms of wins and losses, he wasn't a difference maker. Not alone anyway. These weren't Redskins seasons covered in glory.

But man, what an electric player. Everything about him was larger than life. Even the way he went out of it: confronting gunmen with a machete. Think oftentimes the legend of a man grows after he dies, and this is no exception. But I still don't think it's hyperbole. He was one of the most [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGAcGlHTLXA"]destructive[/url] players I ever seen raw. And he was getting better every year. Getting smarter. There was no ceiling on what he could become. Don't think there's been any player on the Redskins over the last 20 years I would've missed quite as much as #21 for everything he was and everything he was going to be. Think a lot of people feel that way.

Anyway, Skins are beaten up and playing the best team in football. But I remember the fire the Giants played with the game after Wellington Mara died. They shutout the Redskins 36-0 that day in a year when the Skins were a playoff team. Nothing would feel better than to return the favor on Sean Taylor day.

Or not.

Giants are just too good. Watching 'em today, seemed like they knew everything the Redskins had coming. Either Eli or the scheme is just too smart right now. Really liked the Redskins scheme on both sides of the ball but it was nothing compared to the Giants' execution. At some point Coughlin deserves serious credit for the way this team plays. I mean in every aspect this is how football is meant to be played. And a team with a few flaws, like the Redskins, stands no chance against a team that's so utterly [i]solid.[/i]

I miss the old Giants. :(

By the looks of things the PAts have just blown all chance they might have of winning this game.

A messed up kick return and a fumble on a sack.

It'd help if I looked at the quater properly >< thought we were in the 4th not the 3rd

That hit Ryan Clark put on Wes Welker might've been the hardest hit I've seen all year.

What is going on San Diego?! Need you to beat Atlanta here. Thought this was a sure thing.

Polamalu does it again.

Its insane how well the Steelers defence has being playing all year. Kept them in games that Roethlisberger has tried to throw away at times and at others just smoothered the opposition enough for when the offence is working.

Archived