I hit a guy in the mouth today.

Meili

When I was young, my dad sat me down and told me about fighting...how never to do it, unless it was in self-defense.

OP, you just gave your kids that talk with your little show...but not in a good way. You taught your kids that if accidents happen, it's OK to be a shithead and start swearing at them and even punch them. Well done.

I can't wait until you get a phonecall from your daughter's principal saying that she has detention because she called someone a "fucking hillbilly." Way to go...your wife is absolutely right, sport.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1702683' date='Feb 27 2009, 22.36']You're totally a grunt. It's either that or a death knight.

Ooh, I guess you could be a space marine.[/quote]

Do space marines have TEMPORAL PUNCH?

[quote]Do space marines have TEMPORAL PUNCH?[/quote]They do not, but they would not allow anyone to poke them. They would defeat it with enfillading fire and clever use of siege tanks in a layering pattern.

Bitch move to sucker punch a guy regardless of what he did. If you wanted to prove you were a badass in front of the kids, or at least give the appearance you were a man, you would have broke his fucking finger when he chest poked you and then curbstomped him.

Instead you taught your kids that you didnt have the cojones to engage the dude face to face and had to wait until he turned away and wasnt giving you his attention anymore.

Congrats...you are a gash! Im sure your son will now become a homosexual and your daughter a full blown prostitute wandering Sunset Strip all because daddy didnt give them a proper example of what a man is. :P

ETA: Damn...she left herself logged in again!

YW

[quote name='Mya Stone' post='1702703' date='Feb 27 2009, 15.50']Bitch move to sucker punch a guy regardless of what he did. If you wanted to prove you were a badass in front of the kids, or at least give the appearance you were a man, you would have broke his fucking finger when he chest poked you and then curbstomped him.

Instead you taught your kids that you didnt have the cojones to engage the dude face to face and had to wait until he turned away and wasnt giving you his attention anymore.

Congrats...you are a gash! Im sure your son will now become a homosexual and your daughter a full blown prostitute wandering Sunset Strip all because daddy didnt give them a proper example of what a man is. :P

YW[/quote]

That post was great... I'm thinking, wow Mya is fuckin' AGGRO today :P

[quote name='Meili' post='1702590' date='Feb 27 2009, 15.22']Sure why not. Ummm my statements don't contrast at all as far as me saying I backing down and then me hitting him when he wasn't expecting it. I said no problem, he smirked and gave the that's what I thought look, started to turn and I hit him.. I did not explain why I said it. Now I have. Simple enough? [b]If I continued to argue,[/b] even nicely, that his behavior was unaccepptable and my kid was hurt, I am pretty sure I would have got clocked.

I also have no problem admitting it felt really good to drill an asshole in the mouth/head. Theraputic maybe. People rarely get in my face, get physical and want to fight so when the occassion arises, [b]why not.[/b]

But that is neithr here nor there, [b]I didn't hit him for fun[/b] and I didn't hightail it out of there. [b]I was worried about my kid[/b] and angry at his response. Simple as that.[/quote]
So why continue to argue, nicely or not? Ignore him and care to your child.

Why not? For any number of reasons all ready pointed out, especially, your child was hurt.

Didn't hit him for fun, but it felt good, why not do it, it was almost therapeutic. Those don't really align.

Not too worried about your child if you took the time to calm him down to then punch him. Worried about your child would have been caring for your child, not having the employee of the store do it or a stranger.

What would Chuck Norris do in such a situation? He wouldnt stand around and "equivocate" with the other guy, thats for sure.

I know this is off topic, but youtube takes you down strange paths when you are watching William Shatner fight a space lizard. I want to link to the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY&feature=related"]greatest fight scene ever [/url]. It even contains two (two!) sucker punches to the face. At least what I think is a sucker punch.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1702618' date='Feb 27 2009, 15.48']I don't think a fight starts with a poke in the chest unless you're an orc peon.

And in that case, you are legally obligated to shout out 'stop poking me' after saying 'zug zug'.[/quote]

Sure it does. It's not like the other guy's motives are a mystery here. He got in Meili's face, poked him in the chest and said "You got a problem?".

That's a fucking signed invitation to a fight. The other guy might as well have contacted a caligrapher for the invitations, booked the hall and picked out a guestbook.

[quote name='Jacen' post='1702725' date='Feb 27 2009, 17.07']Cyrano: As good as your Steve Carell vs. Joaquin Phoenix fight is, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsZpdUUdd3I"]THIS[/url] is the best fight scene ever.[/quote]

Oh Jacen, if that was anything BUT the fight you linked, I was gonna give you hell.

Good work.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1702692' date='Feb 27 2009, 23.41']They do not, but they would not allow anyone to poke them. They would defeat it with enfillading fire and clever use of siege tanks in a layering pattern.[/quote]

Can I have one? Like, please and stuff?

[quote]But that is neithr here nor there, I didn't hit him for fun and I didn't hightail it out of there. I was worried about my kid and angry at his response. Simple as that.[/quote]

Dude, you totally did. You knock him down, scream some shit at him, then book. What gets me about this whole thing though, is not that you started some stupid shit (and yes, you started the fight as much as the other guy), I'm pretty sure most of us have done that at one time or another, or that you sucked punched the guy: all's fair, and so forth. What gets me is that you're now trying to couch yourself as some kind of noble defender of your children. Be honest with yourself: you hit the guy because he called you a pussy, [i]not[/i] because of your kids.

I don't think he's wrong.

[quote name='Mya Stone' post='1702703' date='Feb 27 2009, 15.50']Instead you taught your kids that you didnt have the cojones to engage the dude face to face and had to wait until he turned away and wasnt giving you his attention anymore.

YW[/quote]
I really hope you are being sarcastic

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1702401' date='Feb 27 2009, 12.41']I also love this.

So either things were in the heat of the moment and you punched him, or you were able to calmly assess the situation, realize that you were out of danger, and then attacked him after his guard was down and there was no need to escalate.

Nice! I can totally see why Bale respects you - you totally ninjaed the fuck out of him.[/quote]

Kal, I am not a tough guy and I am not some superhero trying to brag even though I'll get all types of trolls saying I am, but there is a difference between blind rage (Wolverine Berserker style if you will) and calm steaming anger. I was pissed, forsaw a confronation and made a split decision. If you had even bitch slapped a guy, you'd know the difference.

Archived