I hit a guy in the mouth today.

Meili

[quote name='Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt' post='1702424' date='Feb 27 2009, 12.51']Listen Meilli, we need some physical descriptions here .............. tell us your relative size and weight against the other guy. I need to make a judgement call on whether or not the sucker-punch is justified.[/quote]

195. 6'0. pretty good shape with a recently reconstructed right shoulder making me even more hesitant to get into fights.

The guy was around 250, either out of shape or fat, clothes hid it, but strong. Beer bell and had a biker look. Mid Twenties or early thrities. I wouldn't want to wrestle this guy.

Nice to have you back, KSI.

[quote]I was pissed, forsaw a confronation and made a split decision. If you had even bitch slapped a guy, you'd know the difference.[/quote]Yeah, I definitely factor how well I get into fights by my slap quotient. Back in the hood, I'd get into [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s"]slap fights with my homies[/url] all day.

And you know that if someone poked me, I'd be slapping him.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1702726' date='Feb 27 2009, 17.08']Sure it does. It's not like the other guy's motives are a mystery here. He got in Meili's face, poked him in the chest and said "You got a problem?".

That's a fucking signed invitation to a fight. The other guy might as well have contacted a caligrapher for the invitations, booked the hall and picked out a guestbook.[/quote]

Yep. Poke me in the chest, and that's an invitation for a fight; but, if I'm going to accept it, it's going to be 'when' he poked my chest; not when he turned around to walk away.

Chicken-shit move by the original poster.

For those on this board who fancy themselves 'street' and justify the suckerpunch; it's justified when it's only way you're going to win the streetfight. Not justified when you can avoid the fight in the first place. OP could have. Suckerpunch: chicken shit move.

[quote name='Meili' post='1702873' date='Feb 27 2009, 16.02']Kal, I am not a tough guy and I am not some superhero trying to brag even though I'll get all types of trolls saying I am, but there is a difference between blind rage (Wolverine Berserker style if you will) and calm steaming anger. I was pissed, forsaw a confronation and made a split decision. If you had even bitch slapped a guy, you'd know the difference.[/quote]

Vengeance is best served cold.

[quote name='Meili' post='1702263' date='Feb 27 2009, 11.49']It was kind of a wild punch. Actually aiming for the jaw but it turned out for the best because he was dazed enough not to continue. Remmber, the guy was a big boy..

And I agree with every single poster who knows anything about getting in a street fight. Common sense dictates you don't wait to be hit. It is even better to lull them into thinking you won't hit them so it comes a s a suprise and a shock. Going toe to toe is Van Damme movies and MMA. This was a QT parking lot. Cheap shots count.[/quote]

Excuse me?

I know a [i]lot[/i] about getting into a street fight. And I also know that sometimes you have no [i]choice[/i] but to get the first punch, suckerpunch or not.

You weren't in a streetfight. You weren't in a fight at all. Your antagonist was leaving the confrontation. You had a chance to avoid any esclation. You choose to escalate it. You chose to jack him after he turned around.

If you really thought that he was just playing 'dead' and might have been planning to suckerpunch [i]you[/i] after he turned around, then I can see the suckerpunch as justified. But you didn't think that, now, did you, or you would have mentioned that in your first post? Bottom line is, you lost your temper, and thought that you lost some face, and you took a cheap shot.

Under self-defense laws in my state (and I'm a criminal defense lawyer, so I know these things), you'd have no defense at all, because you blatantly violated Prongs 2 and 3 of self-defense law; you engaged in conduct greater than what was necessary to defend yourself under the circumstances, and what's more, you violated your duty to retreat. Arguably, you could be even be in violation of Prong 1, being at fault for causing the affray.

You're lucky you didn't get arrested. Had you been arrested, you would then be lucky not to be ultimately sentenced to a good 10 to 20 days in jail, or more, if you have a record, or if he was seriously injured.

[quote name='Meili' post='1702886' date='Feb 27 2009, 16.14']195. 6'0. pretty good shape with a recently reconstructed right shoulder making me even more hesitant to get into fights.

The guy was around 250, either out of shape or fat, clothes hid it, but strong. Beer bell and had a biker look. Mid Twenties or early thrities. I wouldn't want to wrestle this guy.[/quote]

It's a close call but I'll make it in your favor due to the biker-douche factor ........ the sucker-punch is justified here.

[quote name='Black Dow' post='1702936' date='Feb 27 2009, 17.44']But you didn't think that, now, did you, or you would have mentioned that in your first post?[/quote]

Objection Your Honor. Leading...

[quote name='Black Dow' post='1702936' date='Feb 27 2009, 19.44']You weren't in a streetfight. You weren't in a fight at all. Your antagonist was leaving the confrontation. You had a chance to avoid any esclation. You choose to escalate it. You chose to jack him after he turned around.[/quote] sighs, he wasn't turned around. Just sideways

[quote name='Black Dow' post='1702936' date='Feb 27 2009, 19.44']If you really thought that he was just playing 'dead' and might have been planning to suckerpunch [i]you[/i] after he turned around, then I can see the suckerpunch as justified.[/quote] he might have, better safe than sorry.[quote]But you didn't think that, now, did you, or you would have mentioned that in your first post? Bottom line is, you lost your temper, and thought that you lost some face, and you took a cheap shot.[/quote] What's with the losing face bullshit? For some reason you think this is pride or ego...... None of the above. The guy pissed me off, made my kid cry and I wanted to hit him. Not look like a bad ass or feel tough. He was just not only a prick but a professional prick. I felt he deserved a good drill in the mouth. No ego. No avoiding humiliation. I was just pissed and in crazy parent mode. Which makes it funny because many of the ones saying I should walk away who said they would imply that they themselves would be humiliated by walking away like they advised me to do.

[quote name='Black Dow' post='1702936' date='Feb 27 2009, 19.44']Under self-defense laws in my state (and I'm a criminal defense lawyer, so I know these things), you'd have no defense at all, because you blatantly violated Prongs 1 and 2 of self-defense law; you engaged in conduct greater than what was necessary to defend yourself under the circumstances, and what's more, you violated your duty to retreat. Arguably, you could be even be in violation of Prong 1, being at fault for causing the affray.[/quote] The legal talk is redundant. I have never, ever, ever been in a fight where both people, get up, exchange information and report it to the police. Or even if it is called in and the police do show up they usually settle it and drive the respected people home.

[quote name='Crazydog7' post='1702922' date='Feb 27 2009, 19.24']What are you going to do if she's not being sarcastic? Sucker punch her?

Wait Mya Stone is a guy? (that was what I was refering to)[/quote]
See, was that called for? The pacifists here sure are being the 'ego' driven 'angry' assholes, not the other way around.

[quote]he might have, better safe than sorry.[/quote]Yep, you never know when someone might punch you. You might've gotten that drink and then something tasty to eat, and then [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILvkEHQPHHg"]WHAM - PUNCHED[/url].

Gotta live that dream, KSI.

[quote name='Meili' post='1702949' date='Feb 27 2009, 21.03']See, was that called for? The pacifists here sure are being the 'ego' driven 'angry' assholes, not the other way around.[/quote]
Yes, because pacifists should be held to a different standard in an internet argument than non-pacifists.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1702951' date='Feb 27 2009, 21.03']Yep, you never know when someone might punch you. You might've gotten that drink and then something tasty to eat, and then [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILvkEHQPHHg"]WHAM - PUNCHED[/url].[/quote]

I am sorely disappointed. I was hoping for a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJx2L2kVw0"]Wham! Roll[/url].

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1702951' date='Feb 27 2009, 18.03']KSI.[/quote]

Good, I thought I was the only one who thought that.

Erm, on topic... I can't in good conscience support anyone who uses the terms "booboo" or "popo". So I'm leaning towards the Mormont side of this conversation.

Also, did I just grow up around too many rich kids and too much media, or what? I don't think I would ever throw a punch unless a) I'd been hit first, or b) someone had a weapon on me, and the situation was inevitably going to be violent. I always just assume "lawsuit". Also, whoever mentioned you were lucky he didn't have a gun was kind of on point also.

[quote name='Black Dow' post='1702927' date='Feb 27 2009, 19.30']For those on this board who fancy themselves 'street' and justify the sucker punch; it's justified when it's only way you're going to win the street fight. Not justified when you can avoid the fight in the first place. OP could have. Suckerpunch: chicken shit move.[/quote]
I like the psychic powers you used there with the sucker punch "[b]it's justified when it's only way you're going to win the street fight.[/b]", because you know in a real street fight who the determined winner is each time right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and OP didn't want to avoid it. OP wanted to hit the guy right in the mouth. OP just chose a way to do it quickly and getting my kid home to check her arm out.

Archived