Cockblocking

DJDonegal

[quote name='litechick' post='1702306' date='Feb 27 2009, 12.32']So the object is the pussy and the woman is the Keeper of the Pussy who must be negotiated with in order to obtain entrance?[/quote]

Fucking Epic.

[quote name='Paddy' post='1702337' date='Feb 27 2009, 12.59']Well, I think, being fair, that if the lady in question did want just sex, asking that question would in heavy likelihood be a turn off.[/quote]

I dunno, Paddy. "Hi, my name is William, would you like to take me home and fuck me." has worked a time or three.

litechick,

so why can't women want to get laid? you are making all women out to be dense prudes who only have sex because they think they will end up in a relationship. I'm sorry but that just isn't the case. i don't think it's a man's job to ask whether or not a woman he is about to sleep with expects more than a one night stand or to say ahead of time "oh, hey, just so you know (and although you didn't ask) I just want to get laid, so dont expect me to return your calls or anything after this." actually, i think it would be pretty condescending to assume said woman was so naive. also, that's just a mood killer.

i really can see why you would be pissed about people saying they lie to get laid. that is pretty low.

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1702336' date='Feb 27 2009, 12.59']I dunno, Bale. If I go out to a bar or a club with my friends its because I want to go out with my friends, not because I want to be picked up, or am looking to pick someone up. I suppose it depends on the type of place you are going to to begin with, aka avoiding known meat markets.[/quote]

I, personally, try to avoid meat markets. If, however, I'm at one with my female friends and any of us are approached and we're not interested, we'll fend him/them off preferably in a polite manner.

How I'm seeing DJ's situation: these girls are accepting conversation and drinks from a potential. Now, the girl can leave by herself for the night, "Hey, thanks for the drinks and the great converssation".

Or she might choose to go with the dude. I'd hope said girl would not be naive and think that this was any more than a one night stand. Because, hey, sometimes a girl just wants to get laid, too. I don't see any problem with this as both parties are entering into this engagement with a full understanding of the expectations of the other party. If she feels insulted that he's viewing her as a piece of meat or whatever, well, isn't that all she's seeing him as as well?

Righteous indignation is fun, isn't it? As for me, I hate the very concept of hookups, but I recognize that there are men [i]and[/i] women who seem to enjoy it. Let them have their shallow, meaningless fun. What's the point of venting your own moral outrage? You can't possibly think you're going to change anyone's mind.

[quote]Or she might choose to go with the dude. I'd hope said girl would not be naive and think that this was any more than a one night stand. Because, hey, sometimes a girl just wants to get laid, too. I don't see any problem with this as both parties are entering into this engagement with a full understanding of the expectations of the other party. If she feels insulted that he's viewing her as a piece of meat or whatever, well, isn't that all she's seeing him as as well?[/quote]

Nah, I get you. And its a totally different culture in the UK to the US anyway, as far as my understanding of pulling is. And yes, women in the UK tend to go on the pull as much as men do (our UK boarders can confirm or deny that). I think young women accepting drinks in one of these meat markets know what the score is, and aren't for the most part looking for meaningful relationships.

I still think Litechick's post was a great one though. :P

Edit- Just to add, I don't think the 'righteous indignation' was directed at hookups so much as the language used to describe women as the object of these hookups.

I thought it was disrespectful, especially considering the assumptions and aspersions she made about other posters' character. This thread may be in poor taste, but it's even in poorer taste to wade into the mud and start flinging it about.

[quote name='Stego' post='1702346' date='Feb 27 2009, 18.05']I dunno, Paddy. "Hi, my name is William, would you like to take me home and fuck me." has worked a time or three.[/quote]
Of course, the odds swing much more greatly in your favour when the packaging and presentation are of the top quality :thumbsup:

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1702359' date='Feb 27 2009, 18.13']Edit- Just to add, I don't think the 'righteous indignation' was directed at hookups so much as the language used to describe women as the object of these hookups.[/quote]
This.
As Litechick said, the way some people are talking about these situations... it's textbook objectification of the women involved.

[quote name='Balefont' post='1702374' date='Feb 27 2009, 18.21']What, us sperm-catchers can have a little fun lambasting our oppressors once in a while?

:P[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='GdMisfits' post='1702348' date='Feb 27 2009, 13.06']so why can't women want to get laid? you are making all women out to be dense prudes who only have sex because they think they will end up in a relationship.[/quote]

I don't think she's saying this at all. I think she's taking issue with a lot of the posturing in this thread that reduces women to the meat between their legs.

[quote name='litechick' post='1702306' date='Feb 27 2009, 17.32']Yes, I can imagine the situation. You make it clear that you're not attracted to her, you don't care anything about her, you just want to get your dick wet--preferably followed by a clean getaway and never seeing her again.

You can tell yourself that that's what she wants to. It's possible. But if you really believed that you would probably cut to the chase "you look pretty clean, wanna have sex?"

My bet is that you don't use any kind of signal that you just want to use her as a Kleenex to spare your aching wrist. It seems more likely that you attempt to seem interested in her and figure if she didn't pick up on your true motives that's her problem--you never promised her a relationship.

<snip>

Most 22 year old men should just be grateful that most 22 year old women don't know what the men are thinking.[/quote]
Thank the gods. Litechick, thank you thank you. This is exactly my feelings on this thread, but I didn't have the guts to wade into the middle of it and state how misogynistic you boys are being. I really appreciate you taking the time, effort, and having the courage, Litechick.

[quote name='Balefont' post='1702374' date='Feb 27 2009, 13.21']What, us [b]sperm-catchers[/b] can have a little fun lambasting our oppressors once in a while?

:P[/quote]
I don't think this one was used in the Are Women More Complicated thread when we counted euphemisms. women are back up 19-18.

Immanuel Kant refused to marry because he thought that marriage was nothing more than a license for the mutual exploitation of genitalia. Now there's a paragon of ethical behavior. Fortunately for the survival of humanity, most men and women are rather less idealistic about treating people as an end rather than as a means.

People who are hooking up [i]are[/i] using each other as little more than animated chunks of flesh. All the proper speech and mannerisms to disguise the nature of the activity won't change that.

The only person in this thread that I've found to be rude is litechick. As much as I agree with her in principle, I don't think castigating the other posters for their behavior is right. For all we know, DJDonegal is an extremely attractive male, whose objectification the kind of women that frequent bars appreciate?

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1702359' date='Feb 27 2009, 10.13']I still think Litechick's post was a great one though. :P

Edit- Just to add, I don't think the 'righteous indignation' was directed at hookups so much as the language used to describe women as the object of these hookups.[/quote]

Right. Sure, there are women who go out to bars hoping to find a one-night stand, but even so, they want to feel that the guys who are chasing them find something hot about them in particular, and [b]enjoy[/b] the time spent talking with them rather than dismissing it all as a complete waste of time if they don't score. If all the time spent flirting with her in the bar is viewed as a tedious hurdle rather than as a pastime that is fun in its own right, then it's demeaning.

[quote name='Teri' post='1702392' date='Feb 27 2009, 13.34']Right. Sure, there are women who go out to bars hoping to find a one-night stand, but even so, they want to feel that the guys who are chasing them find something hot about them in particular, and [b]enjoy[/b] the time spent talking with them rather than dismissing it all as a complete waste of time if they don't score. If all the time spent flirting with her in the bar is viewed as a tedious hurdle rather than as a pastime that is fun in its own right, then it's demeaning.[/quote]

What they want and what they get in these situations are almost always mutually exclusive. There's usually a fair amount of settling on both parts. Let's face it, not many one night stand guys are actually any [i]good[/i] in bed due to the usual issues of lack of respect, not knowing one another's preferences, lack of intimacy, and the simple fact that they just don't care if the girl gets off. Plus, laying drunk guys usually means a less than stellar erection.

Archived