Cockblocking

DJDonegal

[quote name='mashiara' post='1701808' date='Feb 26 2009, 20.37']Maybe I just enjoy teasing you guys. :P[/quote]
Great. Now I'm picturing Mash picturing some couple just about to do the deed when some drunk asshole comes flying out of nowhere to slap his cock away, NBA style.

Rejected!

[quote name='S John' post='1701805' date='Feb 27 2009, 05.36']:lol: I've always liked this term. Every group of friends needs a go-to for a grenade jumper.[/quote]

There's one guy in our group who falls easily into that category. If there's two girls who're interested, one absolutely stunning and one who's the long lost twin of the cookie monster, then he'll go for the cookie monster if he think's there's just a slightly higher chance of getting laid there. He's a handsome guy too, so it's never really a problem for him. Still, the rest of the group appreciate having one they can just aim at whichever girl is in the way.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1701810' date='Feb 27 2009, 06.39']Great. Now I'm picturing Mash picturing some couple just about to do the deed when some drunk asshole comes flying out of nowhere to slap his cock away, NBA style.

Rejected![/quote]

Not even close!

[quote name='mashiara' post='1701817' date='Feb 26 2009, 20.46']Not even close![/quote]
Damn it. Even with that negation, I still can't stop picturing it.

Hmm... So what is not the definition of cockblocking, that is not even close to my crazed imaginings, but a school teacher from Greece might come up with?

[quote name='Sariel' post='1701815' date='Feb 26 2009, 23.43']There's one guy in our group who falls easily into that category. If there's two girls who're interested, one absolutely stunning and one who's the long lost twin of the cookie monster, then he'll go for the cookie monster if he think's there's just a slightly higher chance of getting laid there. He's a handsome guy too, so it's never really a problem for him. Still, the rest of the group appreciate having one they can just aim at whichever girl is in the way.[/quote]

Yep that's the idea. I definitely know a guy that just doesn't give a fuck, he wants to get laid and will shoot for the easiest target. Befriend these people.

[quote name='S John' post='1701805' date='Feb 26 2009, 20.36']:lol: I've always liked this term. Every group of friends needs a go-to for a grenade jumper.[/quote]
In my group this duty falls to my friend Tao. Tao is not a bad looking guy, and I've seen him pull some gorgeous chicks, but he just doesn't care. He will go for anything. Anything. That's why we love him. He will also immediately back up, and even embellish, any outrageous lie you tell. In short, Tao is the MVP of our group.

[quote name='Brady' post='1701824' date='Feb 27 2009, 06.55']Some sort of homo-erotic Top Gun-esque scenario I'd imagine. Shirtless all male volleyball ... without the volleyball net. Or the volleyball.[/quote]

Interesting... but no. :P

LoB, school teachers sometimes have very dirty minds. Just saying...

[quote name='mashiara' post='1701775' date='Feb 26 2009, 20.18']Wonderful thread. I get to find out what cockblocking [i]really[/i] means... and it's not at all what I thought it was.

:leaving:[/quote]

I am learning a lot too. I'd never heard of any of these terms before. (I've also never in my life gone to a bar with the idea of possibly hooking up with someone met there.)

[quote name='mashiara' post='1701834' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.02']LoB, school teachers sometimes have very dirty minds. Just saying...[/quote]
That's why I mentioned it. ;)

And guys, seriously, buying drinks and telling lies? To get laid? I've got to say I'm a little disappointed.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1701845' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.10']That's why I mentioned it. ;)

And guys, seriously, buying drinks and telling lies? To get laid? I've got to say I'm a little disappointed.[/quote]
Every man in the history of the world has done this. And those who haven't are liars or virgins.

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1701850' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.14']Every man in the history of the world has done this. And those who haven't are liars or virgins.[/quote]
I don't know about that, but I am certainly guilty as well. When I was 22ish. So let me add, if you're under 25, I'm not so disappointed, but you're [i]doing it wrong[/i].

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1701853' date='Feb 27 2009, 00.17']I don't know about that, but I am certainly guilty as well. When I was 22ish. So let me add, if you're under 25, I'm not so disappointed, but you're [i]doing it wrong[/i].[/quote]

I introduced myself as John Microsoft once.

[quote name='AverageGuy' post='1701843' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.08']Funny. We've always just called it taking one for the team.[/quote]

Well, taking one for the team is a generic term, and jumping on a grenade is a specific task underneath that umbrella (i.e. "Ted totally took one for the team, by jumping on that grenade.")

Also see the "shit scrape", which is basically when an unwanted person is paying too much attention to you, and you manage to pass them off on one of the types of people like the gentlemen mentioned above (who have very low standards). I didn't invent the term, but I think it's basically like when you step in some poop, and have to scrape it off on a doorjamb or a stick. I guess you could also call it "throwing your buddy on the grenade".

[quote name='S John' post='1701866' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.28']I introduced myself as John Microsoft once.[/quote]
My friends and I used to take turns introducing ourselves as heir of the Coppel family of Mexico. It didn't hurt that the real heir, Jesus Coppel, was among our circle of friends. We used to take girls back to the Finisterra Hotel, owned by the Coppels, and tell them that we owned it.

I ashamed of so many of you. But in the best way possible. (Especially Myshkin)

But seriously, just get a fucking GF. It's like a continuous supply of sex. You don't have to lie or add liquor it to make it pay out.

Archived